Windows 10: "Your Phone" app will not open - help?

Discus and support "Your Phone" app will not open - help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, trying to use the "Your Phone" app. It has previously worked just fine for me, but for the last little while I've been unable to open it at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JTPMedia, Jun 26, 2020.

1. "Your Phone" app will not open - help?

Hi all, trying to use the "Your Phone" app. It has previously worked just fine for me, but for the last little while I've been unable to open it at all. When trying to open it, the window pops up for a couple seconds with the blank screen and Microsoft logo, then it disappears and that's it. I've tried the "Repair" and "Reset" options in the Programs and Features settings window but no change. Anything else I should try to resolve this? Thanks for looking!

submitted by /u/JTPMedia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JTPMedia, Jun 26, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. "Your Phone" app will not open - help? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 26, 2020
  4. "Your Phone" app will not open - help?

Your Phone app not working

Perhaps this may be of help clearing up some confusion.

If you do a search for "Your Phone" via the Windows 10 start menu, the result takes you to the "Your Phone" app page, which gives you the options to connect/sync your computer to your phone. It is the settings on that page that I have struggled with, because they lead you nowhere, with no way to complete the process. At least, that is my experience.

But there is another choice in that also shows up farther down in the start menu "Your Phone" the search results called "Link your phone". It takes you to a different settings page titled "Your Phone", but gives you options not found on the Your Phone "app" page, including the ability to add a device, and most importantly, "unlink" your phone. This is the crucial step, which will lead you to the next step of re-linking your phone on your computer. You will come across a popup that displays a QR code (you will be asked to scan this QR code in a further step), and you will be asked to install the the Your Phone app on your phone (even if it is already installed), upon which it will then offer you to confirm the process by either scanning the QR code, or signing into Microsoft.

For me, for whatever reason, scanning the QR code did not work, but signing into Microsoft did complete the process.

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

"Your Phone" app will not open - help?

1. "Your Phone" app will not open - help? - Similar Threads - Phone app open

2. Your Phone app opens by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone app opens by itself: I'm having issues with the Your Phone app on my PC opening by itself, despite disconnecting it on my phone and even closing the app entirely on my PC from the icons area of the taskbar.It seems like, several times a day, the app just starts up by itself, and so I get notified...
  3. Your Phone app opens by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone app opens by itself: I'm having issues with the Your Phone app on my PC opening by itself, despite disconnecting it on my phone and even closing the app entirely on my PC from the icons area of the taskbar.It seems like, several times a day, the app just starts up by itself, and so I get notified...
  4. "Your Phone" App is opening and closing immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your Phone" App is opening and closing immediately: Hello, I have been using the "your phone" app for the past year and a half. Recently when I open the app, it closes immediately. I have attempted to troubleshoot, repair, reset, and uninstall and reinstall and yet it is still closing immediately after launching. Is there...
  5. "Your Phone" App is opening and closing immediately

"Your Phone" App is opening and closing immediately: Hello, I have been using the "your phone" app for the past year and a half. Recently when I open the app, it closes immediately. I have attempted to troubleshoot, repair, reset, and uninstall and reinstall and yet it is still closing immediately after launching. Is there...
  6. Your Phone App - open phone screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone App - open phone screen: HiI am unable to open the phone screen in windows 10 but no success.It all perfectly works on my laptop with windows 10 home but not so on my desktop with windows 10 pro.There is no errror message, the android phone reacts with waking up the screen, but the PC after shortly...
  7. Your Phone App - open phone screen

Your Phone App - open phone screen: HiI am unable to open the phone screen in windows 10 but no success.It all perfectly works on my laptop with windows 10 home but not so on my desktop with windows 10 pro.There is no errror message, the android phone reacts with waking up the screen, but the PC after shortly...
  8. Unable to open phone screen on Your Phone app

Unable to open phone screen on Your Phone app: I am unable to access my phone screen on the Your Phone app, though my PC and phone are on the same network. My PC is connected to the same network as my phone, but through LAN. Is this what's causing the problem?...
  9. Your Phone app: Keeps prompting to "Open settings on phone"

Your Phone app: Keeps prompting to "Open settings on phone": My Android phone Your Phone Companion app and the PC Your Phone app appear to be connected. For example, I am able to see phone photos on the PC; I can send and receive texts using the PC app. However, whenever I start the PC app, I see this screen. If I go to Settings on...
  10. Your Phone App is not opening

Your Phone App is not opening: Tried to use Your Phone app. but it does not seem to be opening or launching. When I click on the app, what I see is a window below. Nothing happens after. How do I solve this? [ATTACH]...