Windows 10: Your Phone Apps feature now rolling out to everyone on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Your Phone Apps feature now rolling out to everyone on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We are excited to announce that the Apps feature is now rolled out to everyone with supported devices (It may take up to 48hrs. to show up). It allows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Your Phone Apps feature now rolling out to everyone on Windows 10 PC

We are excited to announce that the Apps feature is now rolled out to everyone with supported devices (It may take up to 48hrs. to show up). It allows you to instantly access your Android phone’s mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC. Learn more:

:)

Brink, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Your Phone Display Apps feature rolling out further in Windows 10

The newest #YourPhone feature: Apps, has started rolling out further. So some of you may see your Phone screen entry switch over to Apps (even if you're not a Windows Insider). Available on select Android devices.

Introducing Your Phone Apps – access your Android phone’s apps directly from your PC

How to Turn On or Off Display Apps from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

Originally released to Windows Insiders, not now rolling out to public: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20185.1000 (rs_prerelease) - August 5

UPDATE: The apps experience in Your Phone is gradually rolling out only to Windows Insiders on a PC that is configured to be in the Dev, Beta, or Release Preview Channels and is a server-side change that takes time propagate out. Please see the feature requirements below including list of supported phones and well as this FAQ here on Microsoft Answers.

The Your Phone app continues to evolve. We are happy to announce another exciting feature, a seamless continuation of our vision and promise to help you be more productive and keep you in your flow. Tap into the power of Your Phone app with Link to Windows integration on select Samsung devices to instantly access your phones mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC. Theres no need to install, sign-in or set up your apps on your PC, saving you time and hassle. You can conveniently pin your favorite mobile apps to your Taskbar or Start menu on your PC for quick and easy access. When you launch an app, it opens in a separate window outside of the Your Phone app enabling you to multitask. So, whether you need to quickly reply to a conversation, respond to your social posts, or order food, you can do it fast using your PCs large screen, keyboard, mouse, pen and touch screen alongside your other PC apps!

Your Phone Apps feature now rolling out to everyone on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

And we are not stopping here. Later in the year, Samsung Galaxy Note20 users will experience the power and convenience of running multiple apps side by side and we will continue to work with Samsung to bring this feature to additional devices. Apps will launch in separate windows enabling you to interact with multiple apps at the same time. So, whether you are working on a document, keeping up on your social media feed or simply staying connected with family and friends, everything is accessible in one place, so your flow is never broken.

Starting today, Android phones supporting Your Phone apps Phone screen feature will be able to preview the Apps feature. See list of supported devices here. The ability to run multiple apps simultaneously is currently not available and will be introduced later this year. Give this feature a try and provide us with your valuable feedback as we continue to test, learn, and improve the overall experience. You can provide feedback within the Your Phone app under Settings -> Send Feedback.

Key Features:

• See a list of your installed Android apps directly within the Your Phone app.
    • Add your frequently used apps to the favorites section or search among your apps for even quicker access.
    • Launch any mobile app directly from your PC.
    • Apps and your mirrored phone screen launch in a separate window on your PC.
    • Pin your mobile apps to Windows Task bar or Start menu.
    • Stay in the know by keeping an eye on the app notification badging (unread notifications) in the All apps list or your Favorites.

Your Phone Apps feature now rolling out to everyone on Windows 10 PC 4f5f92bd4227a27e10f90ee9fd371173.png

Apps feature requirements:

• PC running Windows 10 October 2018 Update or later. However, we always recommend updating to the latest version of Windows 10, Your Phone app and Link to Windows.
    • Available on select Android phones running Android 9.0 or greater with the Link to Windows integration. Check out the list of supported phones here.
    • Phone and PC must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
    Known Issues/Limitations:

• Some apps might block the ability to cast to other screens and you will see a black screen instead.
    • Some games and apps might not respond to interactions from your PC mouse or keyboard. You will need to use a touch-enabled PC to interact with them.
    • Audio from apps will play from your mobile device.
    • Ability to run multiple apps will rollout out later in the year.

Brink, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Your Phone Apps feature now rolling out to everyone on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows Phones
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

1. Your Phone Apps feature now rolling out to everyone on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Phone Apps feature

2. Your Phone App Rolling out Device indicators [ Alumia_italia]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone App Rolling out Device indicators [ Alumia_italia]: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kacinkelly [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmpben/your_phone_app_rolling_out_device_indicators/
  3. New Your Phone Display Apps feature rolling out further in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Your Phone Display Apps feature rolling out further in Windows 10: The newest #YourPhone feature: Apps, has started rolling out further. So some of you may see your Phone screen entry switch over to Apps (even if you're not a Windows Insider). Available on select Android devices. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter...
  4. When will Windows 2004 be rolled out to everyone?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When will Windows 2004 be rolled out to everyone?: Hello, it's July now. The Windows 2004 update is called April 2020. How many month do you usually have to wait until you receive the current version of Windows? I know that with every new update by Microsoft there are bugs that cause compatibility issues with some...
  5. Windows 10 Your Phone call support is now available for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone call support is now available for everyone: Microsoft has been testing Your Phone app’s ability to place and make calls with some users, and the feature is now available for everyone. With Your Phone app, you can now make calls via your Windows 10 PC and leave your Android phone in your pocket. If you’re not seeing...
  6. Windows 10 Your Phone app Calls feature now in general availability

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Your Phone app Calls feature now in general availability: Thank you #WindowsInsiders for your feedback over the last couple of months. Today, we're pleased to announce the general availability of the Calls feature, which allows you to receive and make phone calls on your PC: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter How to...
  7. Sticky Notes integration now rolled out to everyone for OneNote iPad

in Windows 10 News
    Sticky Notes integration now rolled out to everyone for OneNote iPad: Sticky Notes integration now rolled out to everyone for OneNote iPad! What are you going to do with Sticky Notes in msonenote? Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 141884
  8. New features now available for Your Phone app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New features now available for Your Phone app in Windows 10: New features rolling out for the Your Phone app in Windows 10: #WindowsInsiders we have added an Emoji button so it is easier to add emoji into your texts in the #YourPhone app . This is in addition to the shortcut (Windows+.) but we heard some of you didn't know about it....
  9. Your Phone app now syncing notifications from Phone to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app now syncing notifications from Phone to Windows 10 PC: #WindowsInsiders using the #YourPhone app, we got even more for you! We have just begin a staged roll-out of syncing notifications from your phone to PC! Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter[/quote] Yes! Dismiss on your PC and it will be dismissed on your phone...
  10. Windows 10 Mail app with drawing feature is now widely rolling out to Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mail app with drawing feature is now widely rolling out to Insiders: Microsoft recently started A/B testing of the drawing feature in Windows 10 Mail app. Today, the updated version of Windows 10 Mail app is widely rolling out to the Windows Insiders in the Release Preview Ring and as well as the Fast Ring. We are also seeing the changes live...