Windows 10: Your Phone apps prevent you from making calls

Discus and support Your Phone apps prevent you from making calls in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot make calls in the Your Phone app. I keep getting the message 'Youhave apps installed that prevent you from making calls' but I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David W13, Mar 30, 2021.

1. David W13 Win User

Your Phone apps prevent you from making calls

Hi,

I cannot make calls in the Your Phone app. I keep getting the message 'Youhave apps installed that prevent you from making calls' but I have no other apps on my computer like PhoneWise or Dell Mobile Connect. PhoneWise was preinstalled, but it is now uninstalled.

What can I do to resolve this issue? There must be some way to figure out what is causing this conflict.

Computer:HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2

Windows 10Pro version 1909, OS-version 18363.1379

:)

David W13, Mar 30, 2021
  2. bradavon Win User

Your Phone App: Ringtone and Call quality terrible?

Hi,

Anyone help with this? Thanks.

Windows 10 version: 1909 (Build: 18363.815)
    Your Phone App version: 1.20041.85.0
    Your Phone Companion Link to Windows app version: 1.20041.82.0
    Link to Windows Service version: 1.0.5.2.30

Samsung Galaxy S10: Android 10 / OneUI 2.1

It worked fine using my Surface Pro 4 but on my new Surface Pro X the Ringtone and Call Quality through the Your Phone app are terrible: Constant crackling, tapping whatever you want to call it. Kind of like coins being dropped.

All other aspects of Your Phone work wonderfully.

I've tried:

Phone:

1. Bluetooth: Unpairing the Surface Pro X
    2. Your Phone Companion App: Clearing Application Data/Cache
    Surface Pro X:

1. Settings -> Bluetooth: Unpairing the phone
    2. Settings -> Phone: Unlinking the phone
    3. Settings -> Apps: Your Phone App: Repair and Reset
    I then set it all up again which went through all fine.

I've also tried:

1. Device Manager -> All Bluetooth Drivers -> Update Driver
    2. Paired a Bluetooth speaker to my Surface Pro X. This works fine.
    I suspect the issue is related to the Your Phone App and Bluetooth but don't know where to check next?

Because the crackling noise seems to be bluetooth related.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

Thanks

bradavon, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10 Your Phone app can now make calls from Android phone

Read more: Windows 10 Your Phone app can now be used to make calls from Android phones | ZDNet

Brink, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Your Phone app can now make calls from Android phone

Read more: Windows 10 Your Phone app can now be used to make calls from Android phones | ZDNet

Brink, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Your Phone apps prevent you from making calls - Similar Threads - Phone apps prevent

2. Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls": I keep getting this error while trying to make calls, before someone copy-pastes what the trouble shooter page says, I've already uninstalled those apps and am unsure of what could be causing it....
  3. Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App: "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls": I keep getting this error while trying to make calls, before someone copy-pastes what the trouble shooter page says, I've already uninstalled those apps and am unsure of what could be causing it....
  4. Issue with Phone Companion App "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Phone Companion App "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls": Greetings,I have been through all the posted troubleshooting techniques to solve this issue. My phone and PC are connected however the app still is not able to make calls, etc. due to an apparent conflict with another PC app. This vague statement is very discouraging. I have...
  5. Issue with Phone Companion App "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls"

Issue with Phone Companion App "There are apps on your PC preventing you from making calls": Greetings,I have been through all the posted troubleshooting techniques to solve this issue. My phone and PC are connected however the app still is not able to make calls, etc. due to an apparent conflict with another PC app. This vague statement is very discouraging. I have...
  6. Calling Voicemail from Your Phone app

Calling Voicemail from Your Phone app: I wish to call my mobile voicemail from the Your Phone app. To dial voicemail, I dial *86 on my phone. The Your Phone app adds a 1 before the *, and the call does not go through. Is there any way to get the app to not include the 1 when dialing?...
  7. Your Phone App - Difficulty with making calls from desktop

Your Phone App - Difficulty with making calls from desktop: I have downloaded the "Your Phone App" on my Dell Inspiron 15 with great expectations of being able to take and make calls directly off my laptop. My first test call worked beautifully with me being able to hear the recipient clearly over my laptop speakers and him hearing...
  8. Your Phone app and phone calls

Your Phone app and phone calls: When I use the Your Phone app to make calls it sets up the call but it keeps reverting to 'use phone' in the drop down menu. So I still have to use the phone's microphone and speakers. Same if I receive a call. Can anyone help please?...
  9. Cannot Make Call with Your Phone App

Cannot Make Call with Your Phone App: My your phone app is working i'm not getting the option to call in it and even it is connected to my phone [Original Title: Your phone app] * Moved from Research...
  10. "Your Phone" wont make calls

"Your Phone" wont make calls: Hello, I just recently set up the "Your phone" app with my Samsung S9+, and all the text, notification, photos and screen mirroring works really well with some minor issues that I handled. When it comes to the arguably most important feature of the app, making phone calls,...