Windows 10: [Your Phone] Calls not working with Bluetooth headset connected to PC

Discus and support [Your Phone] Calls not working with Bluetooth headset connected to PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, I'm running the latest (as of today) slow insider ring build of Windows, and the calling feature is a bit broken. I get the call... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bogdan5844, Dec 12, 2019.

1. [Your Phone] Calls not working with Bluetooth headset connected to PC

Hello guys,

I'm running the latest (as of today) slow insider ring build of Windows, and the calling feature is a bit broken.

I get the call notification when I receive a call and hanging up the call works fine from the PC.

What doesn't work is selecting the PC as the headset option. When I select Bluetooth in the in-call screen on my phone, it automatically switches back to earpiece. This happens only if I have a Bluetooth headset connected to my laptop - if I use the laptop's speakers and microphone it works just fine.

My phone is a Xiaomi Redmi 7 (not Note) running MIUI11, and my laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad T450s.

Any idea what I can try to make it work? Notifications, SMS and all the other features work flawlessly.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/bogdan5844
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bogdan5844, Dec 12, 2019

2. Bluetooth headset is not working consistently

Patricia,

Thanks! for your prompt response and for sharing additional articles/information, around reported issues.

Have updated comments inline against your queries above to maintain the continuity.

Best,

AdarshDogra, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Making Bluetooth phone calls

To anyone who may be reading this now, this is a software problem with WIDCOMM. It does not support phone audio on Windows 8 or later. Notice how all of the screenshots showing this feature have the Windows 7 style.
    I have purchased a CSR based bluetooth device that came with a CSR Harmony software disk and after installing it I was able to use the Hands-Free audio service to use my computer headset with my phone.
    The service is a bit limited. There is no interface to place calls from the computer, but once an outbound call has been made from the phone, the Hands-Free interface will work.
    Specifically, I purchased the Zexmte Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter, able to be found on Amazon.
    EDIT: Additional warning: This software is very temperamental. There are certain procedures you have to follow to pair the devices and reconnect them, or the drivers will literally break and the Bluetooth radio will not function until the CSR Harmony software is completely reinstalled.
    To pair devices, one must use the CSR Harmony interface. Double click the bluetooth icon in the system tray to open the interface. Click "Add Device" and click the phone option. Use this dialogue to pair the devices. Initializing pairing from the phone has given me severe problems.
    On the other hand, once the phone is paired with the computer, subsequent disconnection and reconnection should be done from your phone. Do not use the CSR Harmony interface to connect and disconnect the phone, as this will crash the drivers, requiring re-installation thereof.
    One last word of advice: it's a good idea to disable the "Media Audio" service through your phone's bluetooth paired device settings, so that you are not annoyed by the media player that will automatically pop-up upon connection if this setting is enabled.

HighResolutionS, Dec 12, 2019
  4. [Your Phone] Calls not working with Bluetooth headset connected to PC

Bluetooth headset connection build 6230.54

Hi David,

To better assist you with the Bluetooth headset connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Did you enroll your phone to the Windows Insider?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

[Your Phone] Calls not working with Bluetooth headset connected to PC

1. [Your Phone] Calls not working with Bluetooth headset connected to PC - Similar Threads - Phone Calls working

2. Your Phone or Phone Link call feature is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone or Phone Link call feature is not working: I have tried all possible solutions as explained on Microsoft site... but still can not make a call.It keeps displaying Get Started in Call screen. I have clicked it many times.. but every time I click it says Getting things ready... waits for 1 or 2 minutes and again comes...
  3. Your Phone or Phone Link call feature is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone or Phone Link call feature is not working: I have tried all possible solutions as explained on Microsoft site... but still can not make a call.It keeps displaying Get Started in Call screen. I have clicked it many times.. but every time I click it says Getting things ready... waits for 1 or 2 minutes and again comes...
  4. Windows 10 is connected to Bluetooth but no call audio in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is connected to Bluetooth but no call audio in Your Phone app: [ATTACH]Your Phone application makes it easy for you to send/receive texts and phone calls from your phone via your Windows computer. A common problem users experience when using this application is when they get an incoming call, the Your Phone app returns the following...
  5. Your Phone app calls with USB connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone app calls with USB connection: hello there, maybe one of the windows' experts here have a solution for me. I want to make phone calls from my PC and the only app for this I found is Your Phone by Microsoft. The problem is that it doesn't allows phone calls over anything else than bluetooth, or I don't...
  6. In "Your Phone" Application, calls are not connecting

In "Your Phone" Application, calls are not connecting: This is Shanmukha Sai, In "Your Phone" Application, Calls are not connecting for 1month. My Phone is with Android 10. My Laptop is with Windows 10 2004 version. Please Help me to connect my devices....
  7. Your Phone and Bluetooth Headset

Your Phone and Bluetooth Headset: Has anyone managed to get the Your Phone app to work while routing calls on the PC through a Bluetooth headset? I don't know how many people find it useful to talk on speaker through their computer or plug in a headset. I simply want to manage my calls without picking up my...
  8. Using Bluetooth Headset with 'Your Phone' app

Using Bluetooth Headset with 'Your Phone' app: G'day to the Microsoft community. When you search for a telephone number on google, I need to type this manually into my phone rather than having the PC manage the number and phonecall. This is a first world problem, but I would like to be able to achieve this in some way....
  9. Getting Calls Working in Your Phone

Getting Calls Working in Your Phone: I saw that calls got rolled out to all users recently, I've been wanting this feature for quite some time. I cannot for the life of me get it to work though. First Versions of things: Windows: 1909 / 18363.628 Your Phone (PC): 1.19122.138.0 Android 9 on a Razer Phone Your...
  10. Will the 'Your Phone' app calls feature work with a USB bluetooth adapter?

Will the 'Your Phone' app calls feature work with a USB bluetooth adapter?: I love the Your Phone app, especially the screen mirroring. I recently learned you can now set up calls to route to the Your Phone app, as long as the PC has bluetooth. When I built my PC I bought a z270a without bluetooth, so if I get one of those usb adapters will it work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my usb bluetooth headset not working with phone

2. im using your phone app with a bluetooth headset and the mic and earbuds are not connected when i make a call

3. phone connected to pc but calls not working