Windows 10: Your Phone calls unusable due to too much echo/background noise

Discus and support Your Phone calls unusable due to too much echo/background noise in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10 Pro 21H1, Your Phone 1.22012.167.0, paired with Samsung Galaxy S10e.Everything works fine but the caller on the other end reports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlexA2021, Mar 15, 2022.

1. AlexA2021 Win User

Your Phone calls unusable due to too much echo/background noise

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 21H1, Your Phone 1.22012.167.0, paired with Samsung Galaxy S10e.Everything works fine but the caller on the other end reports echo and background noise that never gets better. I suspect it's because Microsoft isn't muting the microphone on the phone and it's picking up all that noise and causing echo.Any solutions?

:)

AlexA2021, Mar 15, 2022

2. Your Phone calls unusable due to too much echo

Hi,

I have the same problem. My Samsung S10e is paired with my Win10 Pro 2004 via bluetooth and good quality USB, wired, headset plugged into Win10. When making phone calls using Your Phone, some users complain on echo on their end. On my end there is no echo.
    When called directly (using a mobile, without Win10, Your Phone, headset) no one complains about echo.

I use the same set also for MS Teams, Jabber and Skype (on Win10) with no complains on echo.

Not sure whether this echo is caused by a mobile-to-laptop-over-bluetooth-connection or solely by Your Phone application or both.

I can also see there is another post titled "Your Phone" in this forum, reporting echo on the other (call recipient's side) so it seems to happen to a few people, not just myself and Pino.

Thanks, Leszek

Leszek_185, Mar 15, 2022
  3. Echo/Noise during calls.

Hello dear community,

I have a problem with my Lumia 950 DS, when people are calling me they hear some kind of echo or noise. Ive tried to make speaker sound to 7 or even less it doesnt help. I have also removed my protection case from phone - no profit. One thing which helped
    me - factory reset, but after some time, with installing some "updates" that problem appeared again.

Has anyone had this problem aswell?

Aleksandrs Čerkalins, Mar 15, 2022
  4. Pino-55 Win User

Your Phone calls unusable due to too much echo

I have setup Your Phone on my PC and Phone Companion on my phone (Nokia 7.1) - both devices have latest software and are fully patched.

While I can make and receive phone calls via the Your Phone app on the PC (and they sound fine at my end) the other parties all complain of excessive echo so that I need to conduct the call on the phone.

My mic and speaker settings are the same as I use for Skype, Zoom, Hangouts, etc. - how do I trouble shoot this?

Is it possibly caused by the mic / speakers on the phone remaining active during the call?

Thanks

Pino

Pino-55, Mar 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Your Phone calls unusable due to too much echo/background noise - Similar Threads - Phone calls unusable

2. Your Phone calls always have echo using AUX headset and microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone calls always have echo using AUX headset and microphone: Similarly to this discussion, calls made or received on the "Your Phone" app are unusable due to echo on the callers end. This isn't physical echo because it still occurs with my headphones muted; it's as if the caller's audio is being fed back to them through the microphone...
  3. Your Phone calls always have echo using AUX headset and microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone calls always have echo using AUX headset and microphone: Similarly to this discussion, calls made or received on the "Your Phone" app are unusable due to echo on the callers end. This isn't physical echo because it still occurs with my headphones muted; it's as if the caller's audio is being fed back to them through the microphone...
  4. Your Phone calls unusable due to too much echo/background noise

Your Phone calls unusable due to too much echo/background noise: I'm on Windows 10 Pro 21H1, Your Phone 1.22012.167.0, paired with Samsung Galaxy S10e.Everything works fine but the caller on the other end reports echo and background noise that never gets better. I suspect it's because Microsoft isn't muting the microphone on the phone and...
  5. Random Echo Noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Echo Noise: Hello Microsoft, I've been having this problem for awhile now, and I can't seem to fix the issue, I've tried a lot of tutorials but they don't seem to work out, for some reason my mic keeps picking up noises, Example : Random fan noises that's louder then my voice, Crackling...
  6. Random Echo Noise

Random Echo Noise: Hello Microsoft, I've been having this problem for awhile now, and I can't seem to fix the issue, I've tried a lot of tutorials but they don't seem to work out, for some reason my mic keeps picking up noises, Example : Random fan noises that's louder then my voice, Crackling...
  7. Faced too much problem Syncing with Your Phone App

Faced too much problem Syncing with Your Phone App: I am using Win 10 Home with all updates installed. I face problem when I syncing with My Phone model no Nokia 5 TA-1053 region India. I couldn't get the final notification from my laptop to my Phone. I attached the screen shorts . stuck at 90% for a long time I tried...
  8. Static/Background noise during phone call using Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static/Background noise during phone call using Your Phone app: As the title says, there's a bunch of static when doing that, even though I have a dedicated headset with mic which rarely if ever gives static when using video conferencing and such from my PC. My question is, how do I stop this, or failing that, is it possible to change the...
  9. Windows 10 microphone too much noise and background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 microphone too much noise and background: Hey, I don't know when But since a few days ago to now, my microphone is too much noisy! and it's full of noises and background sounds. I am talking about alot of noises. If you see this image, You will understand my mean! [ATTACH] It's always in highest volume and others...
  10. Your Phone App on Surface pro 2017. Background noise during calls, no bluetooth connectivity

Your Phone App on Surface pro 2017. Background noise during calls, no bluetooth connectivity: Is anyone using the Your Phone App successfully? I seem to have issues with background noise no matter what I do. Calls are connected fine. No issue there. I have tried all suggestions from troubleshooting guides from Microsoft, but nothing works. Also, the only audio...