Windows 10: Your Phone Companion app

Discus and support Your Phone Companion app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying to connect my phone to my laptop through the "your phone companion" app, but I'm having some trouble. When I open the app on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yo12321, Oct 21, 2020.

1. yo12321 Win User

Your Phone Companion app

I've been trying to connect my phone to my laptop through the "your phone companion" app, but I'm having some trouble. When I open the app on my laptop, it gives me a QR code that it says I need to scan through the app on my phone. However, when I go to the app on my phone, it simply says that it sent a notification to my laptop. I don't think I've ever connected my phone any laptop, and the laptop that I'm trying to connect my phone to isn't getting a notification. My phone is a Samsung A20 and the phone app says I'm 60% through the process if that helps.

:)

yo12321, Oct 21, 2020

2. Phone Companion App not starting...

Hi Atta,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you get any error message when you access Phone companion app?
    • Do you face the issue on any other app?
    • Have you disabled the firewall settings?
    I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Phone companion app and check if you are facing the issue only on Phone companion app.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with this issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Has anyone been able to get phone companion to work

Hi,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Phone companion app and check if you are facing the issue

To uninstall the phone companion app please follow the steps below:

• Type phone companion in the
      search
      box.

• Right click on
      phone companion
      and click on uninstall.

Once it is uninstalled, you can reinstall it from windows store.

You can refer the article below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-phone-companion/9wzdncrfj3pm

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Your Phone Companion app

Hands on with 'Phone Companion' app, hub to syncing with Windows 10

Read more: Hands on with Microsofts Phone Companion app, your hub to syncing with Windows 10

Brink, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Your Phone Companion app

1. Your Phone Companion app - Similar Threads - Phone Companion app

2. Your Phone Companion App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone Companion App: So I did all of the directions for Your Phone Companion but yet still I cannot make any phone calls. "This error is appearing because you may have paired your Android device to your PC with a third-party app, or your devices may be paired through a pre-installed app from your...
  3. Your Phone Companion App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone Companion App: So I did all of the directions for Your Phone Companion but yet still I cannot make any phone calls. "This error is appearing because you may have paired your Android device to your PC with a third-party app, or your devices may be paired through a pre-installed app from your...
  4. your phone companion app

your phone companion app: These instructions are telling me to "update" Link to Windows to use any of the application's main features. I followed the instructions to "update" Link to Windows and Link to Windows didn't update. Link to Windows is toggled on; that was the best I could do. I followed the...
  5. Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps

Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps: HiLooking for adviceI don't really know what s really happening but I cannot connect Your Phone app PC to My Phone Companion Nokia 2.4. Basically, I cannot connect those devices via Your Phone app. They don't receive the notifications to connect. I am connected for both...
  6. The Your Phone Companion App VIRUS

The Your Phone Companion App VIRUS: Is the Your Phone Companion App really a VIRUS? It just stopped working all of a sudden, and it CANNOT be UNINSTALLED. It just shows old pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-your-phone-companion-app-virus/66314978-d146-4f57-a75b-e5e8d199ea61
  7. Your Phone app and Your Phone Companion app run in the background

Your Phone app and Your Phone Companion app run in the background: Since Your Phone app and Your Phone Companion app can run in the background, do you have to keep both apps or either app open all the time on the phone or PC? I think the answer is neither one has to be open. Thank you...
  8. Your Phone Companion App

Your Phone Companion App: The App's interface on my computer shows and retains texts that do not show up on my phone. How do I delete these texts that show up on my computer but not on my phone. And where do those texts come from??...
  9. Phone companion/Your phone.

Phone companion/Your phone.: Following situation: Windows 10 PC with 1909 installed, and Your Phone app YPC properly installed. Android Phone Moto G6 with MS YPC installed. All settings set according to MS: Bluetooth etc., etc. In W 10 Settings > Phone shows that the phone is linked: Moto G6. The W 10...
  10. Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App

Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App: Hi I just recently downloaded the Your Phone App on the Microsoft store and the Your Phone Companion on my android. It works as I need it to but my computer will only sync when it is plugged into a power source. I am often on the go without plugging in my computer and was...