Windows 10: Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone

Discus and support Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The MS Your Phone app is supposed to enable picture and text message copying from the phone to the PC (as I understand it). I have been messing with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tohowalk, Dec 2, 2018.

1. tohowalk Win User

Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone

The MS Your Phone app is supposed to enable picture and text message copying from the phone to the PC (as I understand it). I have been messing with it for hours, and I can't get it to work. I am running Windows 10 1809 and Android 8.1.0 on the phone. I have been able to download and install the app on my phone (Samsung J7 on Verizon), all the permissions appear to be enabled on both Win10 and the phone, and I still get nothing from pictures or text messages on my PC. Both devices tell me they are connected to each other and all the network connections look correct, there are no error messages, but still nothing. I have taken pictures with the phone today, they are in a folder named Camera roll on both the sd card and the main phone storage, but nothing shows up in the recent photos screen no matter what I do. I have been able to send a text message through the phone from Win10, but I did not get the reply back on the PC, just on the phone. I am stumped and in need of some better troubleshooting advice than the nonsense on the MS help pages.

Many Thanks!

:)

tohowalk, Dec 2, 2018
  2. rk3066 Win User

Phones and their Thinness....

Yep Indeed. Look at THIS Phone. With a 7060mah Battery! Though the Cameras are not great but that Battery Life

Just Note before buying... Phones from China only work with AT&T, T-Mobile, and Others except Verizon and Sprint

rk3066, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Dec 2, 2018
  4. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone - Similar Threads - Phone doesn't anything

2. Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone: The MS Your Phone app is supposed to enable picture and text message copying from the phone to the PC (as I understand it). I have been messing with it for hours, and I can't get it to work. I am running Windows 10 1809 and Android 8.1.0 on the phone. I have been able to...
  3. "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Get Microsoft Edge on your phone" harassment popups: Micro$oft has taken up a new habit of begging me to put Edge on my phone - with popups showing up pretty much every day. I don't WANT to put Edge on my phone. I DON'T EVEN WANT EDGE ON MY COMPUTER! HOW do I make it stop harassing me about this???...
  4. Your phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your phone app: I have the October update, ran the your phone, got the text. installed the app on my phone. Pixel xl2, was able to connect to the phone from the computer after rebooting the phone. about 2 messages and then lost connection, only way to get it back was to reboot the phone....
  5. Your Phone app missing from Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your Phone app missing from Update: I got the 1809 build October release update, but the Your Phone app is no where to be found on my machine. Any word on how I might get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/your-phone-app-missing-from-update/d0840525-2b0d-4dcf-9f3d-967e03eecd9b
  6. your phone

your phone: i want to download the your phone app but i need to update my computer, it says its up to date but its really not. i have a dell xps 15 9560 with os version 15063 but i need version 17134. is there any way i can manually do it?...
  7. 'Your Phone App' is not working.

'Your Phone App' is not working.: I have successfully installed the Windows 10 October update. I m trying to access my android phone using Your Phone app. I have linked my phone with the Microsoft account by following all the directions given. After linking my phone, Your Phone app is still showing Link Your...
  8. Getting Info From a Cell Phone

Getting Info From a Cell Phone: I have a Samsung Android Note 8. I'm looking for a FREE program that will allow me to download my phone contacts list to my computer for printing and backup. I'm trying to avoid having to hand copy the list and make it easier to update my backup as I add/subtract contacts....
  9. Get the app on your phone, for free

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get the app on your phone, for free: Get the app on your phone, for free It is a fraud , it is not for free . MS needs my mobile number for free , than MS and Friends can track me worldwide for free of course and get money . This a dirty trick Mr. Fakenberger like. Do you Want my mobile number , You can have...
  10. how to get my photos of my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get my photos of my phone: I want my photos off my deactivated Samsung phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/how-to-get-my-photos-of-my-phone/e7847e63-5203-4a1f-b4d3-4b73b72237fb