Windows 10: Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone

Discus and support Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The MS Your Phone app is supposed to enable picture and text message copying from the phone to the PC (as I understand it). I have been messing with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tohowalk, Dec 3, 2018.

1. tohowalk Win User

Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone

The MS Your Phone app is supposed to enable picture and text message copying from the phone to the PC (as I understand it). I have been messing with it for hours, and I can't get it to work. I am running Windows 10 1809 and Android 8.1.0 on the phone. I have been able to download and install the app on my phone (Samsung J7 on Verizon), all the permissions appear to be enabled on both Win10 and the phone, and I still get nothing from pictures or text messages on my PC. Both devices tell me they are connected to each other and all the network connections look correct, there are no error messages, but still nothing. I have taken pictures with the phone today, they are in a folder named Camera roll on both the sd card and the main phone storage, but nothing shows up in the recent photos screen no matter what I do. I have been able to send a text message through the phone from Win10, but I did not get the reply back on the PC, just on the phone. I am stumped and in need of some better troubleshooting advice than the nonsense on the MS help pages.

Many Thanks!

:)

tohowalk, Dec 3, 2018
  2. rk3066 Win User

Phones and their Thinness....

Yep Indeed. Look at THIS Phone. With a 7060mah Battery! Though the Cameras are not great but that Battery Life

Just Note before buying... Phones from China only work with AT&T, T-Mobile, and Others except Verizon and Sprint

rk3066, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Dec 3, 2018
  4. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone - Similar Threads - Phone doesn't anything

2. Your Phone doesn't connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone doesn't connect: Hello all,My Android smartphone is usually connected via Your Phone to my main laptop Windows 10 Pro. I am now travelling with a notebook Windows 10 too, It used to be able to connect with my smartphone with that app last time I had used it. But now this doesn't work anymore,...
  3. Your Phone doesn't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone doesn't connect: Hello all,My Android smartphone is usually connected via Your Phone to my main laptop Windows 10 Pro. I am now travelling with a notebook Windows 10 too, It used to be able to connect with my smartphone with that app last time I had used it. But now this doesn't work anymore,...
  4. My "Your Phone" app doesn't let me connect to my phone

My "Your Phone" app doesn't let me connect to my phone: My computer app "Your phone" doesn't let me connect to my device, it simply gives me the error: "Connect to same WI-FI". It's specifically mirroring the screen/launching apps. My phone is connected to the same network and other functions such as "Photos", "Messages" etc...
  5. Your Phone app doesn't play sound from linked phone

Your Phone app doesn't play sound from linked phone: The app is working just fine, except I can not bring it to play the sound on my PC. It's very annoying if you play games on a big screen but the sound comes still from the phone. Phone: Samsung A51 PC: Dell Inspirion 2014...
  6. Your Phone/Your Phone Compain

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone/Your Phone Compain: Is there anyway to get a computer connected with an ethernet connection instead of Wifi on the same router to work with Your Phone? I don't have a wireless card on my desktop and want to be able to see my texts. It is connected via ethernet to the same router the Wifi network...
  7. Your Phone app doesn't show audio currently playing from my phone

Your Phone app doesn't show audio currently playing from my phone: Your Phone app doesn't show audio currently playing from my phone. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-doesnt-show-audio-currently-playing/cc71331b-25f2-41df-b9ba-dcb3f4e911b5
  8. removing a phone from Your Phone app

removing a phone from Your Phone app: My "Your Phone" app is linked to a phone I no longer own. How do I unlink that phone and link to my current phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-phone-from-your-phone-app/8dbe6fbb-5698-455b-bfe7-8e7de7b28956
  9. Your Phone doesn't work...

Your Phone doesn't work...: As title says. Doesn't work. When I try to refresh photos or messages it just keeps "loading" forever. Screen mirroring works but nothing else does. Have tried resetting the app on my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling on my laptop. Nothing works. 142906
  10. Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Phone doesn't get anything from my phone: The MS Your Phone app is supposed to enable picture and text message copying from the phone to the PC (as I understand it). I have been messing with it for hours, and I can't get it to work. I am running Windows 10 1809 and Android 8.1.0 on the phone. I have been able to...