Windows 10: "Your Phone" forces +1 on SMS phone numbers

Discus and support "Your Phone" forces +1 on SMS phone numbers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am in Europe. I have a dual SIM phone. I have selected the European phone number as Primary. I am trying to send an SMS to a local number. "Your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sgstandre, Jan 19, 2020.

1. sgstandre Win User

"Your Phone" forces +1 on SMS phone numbers

I am in Europe. I have a dual SIM phone. I have selected the European phone number as Primary. I am trying to send an SMS to a local number. "Your Phone" app sends it to America no matter whether I type just the local 8-digit number or whether I insert +country code first, a +1 is ALWAYS inserted and my messages are sent to USA for extra $$ and to no avail. Please fix.

:)

sgstandre, Jan 19, 2020
  2. ARC1020 Win User

How To Save a Contact From SMS/Phone No in Windows 10 Mobile

If you receive an SMS from a new phone number or if you manually dial a phone number, it doesn't appear that you can save the number to your contacts list as a new contact. With SMS, if you click on the phone number you received the SMS from and then the save icon (the only option available) it just opens the People app, making it seem like it's disappeared somewhere. With the phone dialer, again if you hit the save icon, it just throws you into the People app leaving the user to wonder where it's disappeared to.

I'm not entirely sure why Microsoft designed it this way as it pretty rubbish, however it is possible to save numbers. After hitting the save button, you then need to click the '+' symbol in the People app as if creating a new contact from scratch. Why it doesn't just go straight to the 'New Outlook Contact' Screen is beyond me, as that would be the most logical and user-friendly way to do it.

"Your Phone" forces +1 on SMS phone numbers [​IMG]

ARC1020, Jan 19, 2020
  3. twilyth Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

SMS Connect now rolling out to Skype Insiders with preview 8.30.76.41

Source: Skype Insider Preview - Microsoft Community

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. "Your Phone" forces +1 on SMS phone numbers - Similar Threads - Phone forces SMS

2. Phone SMS CHANGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone SMS CHANGE: Hello there, I am suffering from a problem with my Microsoft account on the laptop, as it asked me to update the program, but after I received the update, the PIN code for the laptop was stopped, and the problem is that it asks for my old phone number that does not work, and...
  3. Phone SMS CHANGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone SMS CHANGE: Hello there, I am suffering from a problem with my Microsoft account on the laptop, as it asked me to update the program, but after I received the update, the PIN code for the laptop was stopped, and the problem is that it asks for my old phone number that does not work, and...
  4. What's your phone number ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's your phone number ?: What's your phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-your-phone-number/0f3c09ee-1a52-4404-9249-b83d8cda0029
  5. What's your phone number ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's your phone number ?: What's your phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-your-phone-number/0f3c09ee-1a52-4404-9249-b83d8cda0029
  6. What's your phone number ?

7. Your phone app SMS history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your phone app SMS history: Hi,I have just setup Your Phone App and my Pixel 4a and it's working great.My question is now does one increase the SMS history length for all the conversations? Presently is only seems to be displaying about 1 month of history.TIAGreg...
  8. Your phone app SMS history

Your phone app SMS history: Hi,I have just setup Your Phone App and my Pixel 4a and it's working great.My question is now does one increase the SMS history length for all the conversations? Presently is only seems to be displaying about 1 month of history.TIAGreg...
  9. your phone app sms messages

your phone app sms messages: I have a samsung galaxy note 8 and I used the Your Phone app on it. Now, my messages on the phone are gone but remain in the app on the PC running windows 10. I may have accidentally deleted them on the phone. If I sync with the Your Phone app, will it restore the messages to...
  10. Your Phone App forcing calls to phone

Your Phone App forcing calls to phone: When connected to Your Phone, all features work except the calls on PC. When I dial a phone number on the PC app, it forces the call to the phone and not through the PC. Any ideas?...