Windows 10: Your Phone just refuses to work

Discus and support Your Phone just refuses to work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djdelarosa25, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Your Phone just refuses to work

I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10 build to get out of the Insider builds and tried once more today, to expected results.

I'm always stuck at the "Check your phone" screen on my laptop and the "Check your PC" one on my phone.I've tried everything on the troubleshooting website and nothing seems to work. I even tried connecting my laptop via WiFi to my home network instead of ethernet, nothing changes.

My laptop is on version 1809, build 17763.195, while my phone is a Moto Z Play running rooted Android 8.0 Oreo. The app version is 3.3.6.

:)

djdelarosa25, Jan 5, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Your Phone just refuses to work

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Your Phone just refuses to work

1. Your Phone just refuses to work - Similar Threads - Phone refuses

2. multiple duplicate photos and also blank photos on my phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    multiple duplicate photos and also blank photos on my phone: Whenever I go on WhatsApp Album on my windows phone I see multiples of the same photos and some blank squares which should be photos, however when I try to open them I get a message saying (file cant be opened because it is missing or corrupt) just one or two will open,...
  3. how do i transfer pictures from my laptop to my phone

how do i transfer pictures from my laptop to my phone: how do I transfer pictures from my laptop to my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-pictures-from-my-laptop-to-my/e8d93797-1089-49f4-831d-66510acc0e13"
  4. log in on phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    log in on phone app: Hi, I purchased a new phone, I am having trouble logging in on the new app, can you please help me? Thanks, Karlo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-on-phone-app/1bf2e4df-c379-4011-af7a-0a0f91390098
  5. Your phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your phone: as you can see in the picture, my phone appeared in "your phone" windows application after I followed the steps but on my phone in the "your phone companion" always showing: (check your pc; we are checking one more thing on your pc before we ask for final permission) I...
  6. Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone

in Cortana
    Sending SMS from PC using Cortana and Windows phone: I used to send text/SMS messages from my PC (desktop and laptop) using Cortana by typing in the command "send text". It has suddenly stopped working and now I get the message "I'm sorry I can't send messages here. Try Cortana on your phone". I have a windows phone and use...
  7. phone to my laptop

phone to my laptop: I need to transfer photos from my iphone to my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-to-my-laptop/64c92f52-210e-4b39-be3c-def497881ccb"
  8. JPG files became extremely large after transferring from phone

JPG files became extremely large after transferring from phone: After transferring photo files from my phone to my Surface Pro 3, the files became extremely large - in this case, 9.17 GB each which does not make sense. The photos can not be viewed with any application I try. [ATTACH] My Surface Pro 3 is also low on storage and it...
  9. How to disable Your Phone linking feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Your Phone linking feature on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Your Phone is a big move by Microsoft. When they did not get proper traction from developers to build their own modern mobile application ecosystem, they started working on integrating the competitor devices. Started with replying to text messages from your...
  10. Your Phone just refuses to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your Phone just refuses to work: I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10 build to get out of the Insider builds and tried once more today, to expected results. I'm always stuck at the "Check your...