Windows 10: Your Phone just refuses to work

Discus and support Your Phone just refuses to work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djdelarosa25, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Your Phone just refuses to work

I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10 build to get out of the Insider builds and tried once more today, to expected results.

I'm always stuck at the "Check your phone" screen on my laptop and the "Check your PC" one on my phone.I've tried everything on the troubleshooting website and nothing seems to work. I even tried connecting my laptop via WiFi to my home network instead of ethernet, nothing changes.

My laptop is on version 1809, build 17763.195, while my phone is a Moto Z Play running rooted Android 8.0 Oreo. The app version is 3.3.6.

:)

djdelarosa25, Jan 5, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Your Phone just refuses to work

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Your Phone just refuses to work

1. Your Phone just refuses to work - Similar Threads - Phone refuses

2. dropped phone on laptop and now it's not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dropped phone on laptop and now it's not working properly: I dropped my phone on my Acer Aspire V3-571, on the right side of the touch pad. My laptop then restarted and when I logged in the box saying that My computer needs to restart in 1 minute came up. since then it has not been acting properly, the mouse jumps sometimes if I'm...
  3. "Your Phone" won't connect to phone after motherboard replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your Phone" won't connect to phone after motherboard replacement: I've had the Your Phone app running for the last few months on my Windows 10 Pro PC, connecting to my LG V20 phone (Android v8). Last week my motherboard failed, so I replaced it and restored my Windows setup to a new SSD while I was at it. Now the Your Phone app won't...
  4. Hacked Phone, Emails, laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked Phone, Emails, laptop: Hi For the last seven days I have tried to secure my emails. Every time I go through the verification procedures and identify myself within half an hour I am locked out of my email accounts. The other day when I tried restore my account my backup email address wasn't...
  5. What Windows app is this phone dialogue box for?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What Windows app is this phone dialogue box for?: Recently I have been very very anxious to get my android phone set up so I can make/take calls and take care of my text messaging through my Laptop. Messaging for web (google) is nice, but there's no notifications, and you can't make/take calls. I pursued the "Your Phone" app...
  6. How do I send a file document from pc to android phone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I send a file document from pc to android phone?: I tried to cast the file but my phone, which is connected to my pc, was not listed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-send-a-file-document-from-pc-to-android/1d2f0429-a5d0-47c0-a087-b6936f90c6a3"
  7. New Your Phone Companion app 1.19123.14.0 version for Android Feb. 13

in Windows 10 News
    New Your Phone Companion app 1.19123.14.0 version for Android Feb. 13: Connect your phone and PC to get instant access to your phone's notifications, texts, and photos. Install Your Phone Companion and link it with the Your Phone app on your PC to get started. You love your phone. So does your PC. With Your Phone Companion you can easily sync...
  8. How do I transfer photos from my Galaxy 9 phone to my HP envy 360 laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer photos from my Galaxy 9 phone to my HP envy 360 laptop?: How do I transfer photos from my Galaxy 9 phone to my HP envy 360 laptop? * Moved from Mobil devices/Accessories * Original title: photos...
  9. Phone support refuses to assist in reactivation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Phone support refuses to assist in reactivation: I had a massive hardware failure on my windows 10 upgrade only the hdd and the video card survived it. I got replacement parts for it to get it up and running again my current build is in the Microsoft account page. The phone support is asking me to get a proof of purchase...
  10. Your Phone just refuses to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your Phone just refuses to work: I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10 build to get out of the Insider builds and tried once more today, to expected results. I'm always stuck at the "Check your...