Windows 10: Your Phone just refuses to work

Discus and support Your Phone just refuses to work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djdelarosa25, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Your Phone just refuses to work

I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10 build to get out of the Insider builds and tried once more today, to expected results.

I'm always stuck at the "Check your phone" screen on my laptop and the "Check your PC" one on my phone.I've tried everything on the troubleshooting website and nothing seems to work. I even tried connecting my laptop via WiFi to my home network instead of ethernet, nothing changes.

My laptop is on version 1809, build 17763.195, while my phone is a Moto Z Play running rooted Android 8.0 Oreo. The app version is 3.3.6.

:)

djdelarosa25, Jan 5, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Your Phone just refuses to work

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Your Phone just refuses to work

1. Your Phone just refuses to work - Similar Threads - Phone refuses

2. I PHONE PHOTOS WILL NOT OPEN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I PHONE PHOTOS WILL NOT OPEN: MY I PHONE PHOTOS ARE ON USB DRIVE AND WINDOWS WILL NOT OPEN THE PICTURES. IT SAYS I NEED TO UPGRADE TO SOMETHING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-phone-photos-will-not-open/65c3ec09-d37f-4c1e-bb62-b48e19876172"
  3. How to make Android phone as video camera recognized?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make Android phone as video camera recognized?: I have DroidCam client installed on the computer and the app installed on the Android phone. But the camera is not recognized by the Windows camera app although it is visible in Skype as a device. How to make Android phone as video camera recognized?...
  4. How to send text messages from Windows 10 with Android Phone

in Windows 10 News
    How to send text messages from Windows 10 with Android Phone: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 and Android has come a long way. Microsoft offers the Phone app which allows one to connect the phone, and then access data. However, it needs Microsoft Launcher or Cortana to make it work. It brings notifications, messaging [...] This post How to...
  5. I have received a phone call saying my Microsoft Windows account was compromised is this...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have received a phone call saying my Microsoft Windows account was compromised is this...: Someone has called and said my windows has been compromised on my computer and now want access, What should I do? Are they for real? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-received-a-phone-call-saying-my-microsoft/b47ba5ff-1df6-440e-b2da-06662addcceb"
  6. INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give Microsoft tech agents your phone number. Microsoft outsources...

INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give Microsoft tech agents your phone number. Microsoft outsources...: If you call Microsoft make sure that you listen to the recorded message of the perky white lady telling you, “Any information collected on this call may be transfered to other countries” Want to know what that means? Regardless of whether you pay Microsoft $149 a year for...
  7. INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give microsoft employees your phone number!!! They sell your...

INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give microsoft employees your phone number!!! They sell your...: If you call Microsoft make sure that you listen to the recorded message of the perky white lady telling you, “Any information collected on this call may be transfered to other countries” Want to know what that means? Regardless of whether you pay Microsoft $149 a year for...
  8. how do i setup my wireless/bluetooth connection to my I phone ?

how do i setup my wireless/bluetooth connection to my I phone ?: can I set up my I phone to communicate with this computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-setup-my-wirelessbluetooth-connection-to/8f944598-10c3-4d84-b500-139dbef3c77b
  9. I don't know how to import the contacts file from my android phone to the People App in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know how to import the contacts file from my android phone to the People App in...: I can find the file on the phone and on Explorer when the phone is connected by usb. It appears to be a vCalendar file, assuming that matters. What I do not know is specifically where to place that file on my Windows 10 computer so it will become part of the People app. I...
  10. Your Phone just refuses to work

Your Phone just refuses to work: I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10 build to get out of the Insider builds and tried once more today, to expected results. I'm always stuck at the "Check your...