Windows 10: Your Phone just refuses to work

Discus and support Your Phone just refuses to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by djdelarosa25, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Your Phone just refuses to work

I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10 build to get out of the Insider builds and tried once more today, to expected results.

I'm always stuck at the "Check your phone" screen on my laptop and the "Check your PC" one on my phone.I've tried everything on the troubleshooting website and nothing seems to work. I even tried connecting my laptop via WiFi to my home network instead of ethernet, nothing changes.

My laptop is on version 1809, build 17763.195, while my phone is a Moto Z Play running rooted Android 8.0 Oreo. The app version is 3.3.6.

:)

djdelarosa25, Jan 5, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Your Phone just refuses to work

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Your Phone just refuses to work

1. Your Phone just refuses to work - Similar Threads - Phone refuses

2. Phone and Microphone sockets only working correctly as Windows 10 starts up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Phone and Microphone sockets only working correctly as Windows 10 starts up: On an Acre 5732Z Laptop running Windows 10 I have found that if I want to use devices plugged into the headphone or microphone sockets they need to be plugged in before Windows is started. They then work correctly but if then unplugged are not seen by Windows when plugged in...
  3. Lucia phone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lucia phone: I recently purchased a refurbished Nokia Lumia 930 to replace my elderly 635, i cannot connect to my Microsoft account so cant download any apps or transfer photos etc, help!!!...
  4. "Your Phone" forces +1 on SMS phone numbers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your Phone" forces +1 on SMS phone numbers: I am in Europe. I have a dual SIM phone. I have selected the European phone number as Primary. I am trying to send an SMS to a local number. "Your Phone" app sends it to America no matter whether I type just the local 8-digit number or whether I insert +country code first, a...
  5. Unable to see Call tab on Your Phone App

Unable to see Call tab on Your Phone App: I Recently updated to 1909 and read online on microsoft website about calls tab on your phone app that can make calls from my pc . I complete all the requirements given in that page to get that feature but still Im unable to see it. My Phone - Oneplus 6t Android 10...
  6. Setting Up Windows 10, Don't Remember Microsoft PW, Changed Addr. & Phone Today, Won't Be...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting Up Windows 10, Don't Remember Microsoft PW, Changed Addr. & Phone Today, Won't Be...: I started to set Windows 10 up yesterday; I don't know how I got past the login page but I did. When I went to finish up and start using my new laptop, I was prompted to enter my Microsoft password. I don't recall what it is so I was given the option of receiving a text at...
  7. Your Phone Calls tab missing but I can receive calls

Your Phone Calls tab missing but I can receive calls: About 2 months ago there was an update to the Your Phone app and after that update I saw the Calls preview tab appear. I was able to make one call and the next day another update was applied, and the Calls tab disappeared. I thought this was part of the A/B testing and...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade broke my Trillian phone notices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 upgrade broke my Trillian phone notices: So, after I updated my computer to Windows 10 (I had been running Windows 7, changing only due to dropped support), I haven't been getting notices on my iphone any more from the Trillian instant messaging app. The app icon doesn't even get that little 'unchecked messages' on...
  9. Phone support refuses to assist in reactivation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Phone support refuses to assist in reactivation: I had a massive hardware failure on my windows 10 upgrade only the hdd and the video card survived it. I got replacement parts for it to get it up and running again my current build is in the Microsoft account page. The phone support is asking me to get a proof of purchase...
  10. Your Phone just refuses to work

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Phone just refuses to work: I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10 build to get out of the Insider builds and tried once more today, to expected results. I'm always stuck at the "Check your...