Windows 10: Your Phone just refuses to work

Discus and support Your Phone just refuses to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by djdelarosa25, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Your Phone just refuses to work

I've been trying for a few months now and it always fails to link my laptop and my phone. I'm fresh off a clean install of the latest stable Windows 10 build to get out of the Insider builds and tried once more today, to expected results.

I'm always stuck at the "Check your phone" screen on my laptop and the "Check your PC" one on my phone.I've tried everything on the troubleshooting website and nothing seems to work. I even tried connecting my laptop via WiFi to my home network instead of ethernet, nothing changes.

My laptop is on version 1809, build 17763.195, while my phone is a Moto Z Play running rooted Android 8.0 Oreo. The app version is 3.3.6.

:)

djdelarosa25, Jan 5, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Your Phone just refuses to work

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Your Phone just refuses to work

1. Your Phone just refuses to work - Similar Threads - Phone refuses

2. Phone Link has permissions, yet refuses to use them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link has permissions, yet refuses to use them: I'm trying to use Phone Link between my Windows 10 Laptop and my Galaxy S22, specifically to read and respond to texts from my laptop.I launch Phone Link on my Laptop, and tell it to send my phone a notification for permissions, but when I do, all my phone does is tell me to...
  3. Phone Link has permissions, yet refuses to use them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link has permissions, yet refuses to use them: I'm trying to use Phone Link between my Windows 10 Laptop and my Galaxy S22, specifically to read and respond to texts from my laptop.I launch Phone Link on my Laptop, and tell it to send my phone a notification for permissions, but when I do, all my phone does is tell me to...
  4. I have samsung sound bar and it connects to my phone but my computer refuses to see it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have samsung sound bar and it connects to my phone but my computer refuses to see it: Its amd system, with bluetooth built in it, the sound bar model is HW-Q67CB and it connects to my phone and works perfectly fine, it has a usb option and a bluetooth, I tried using the usb option and no luck so I'm trying to use the bluetooth option as it should be easier but...
  5. I have samsung sound bar and it connects to my phone but my computer refuses to see it

I have samsung sound bar and it connects to my phone but my computer refuses to see it: Its amd system, with bluetooth built in it, the sound bar model is HW-Q67CB and it connects to my phone and works perfectly fine, it has a usb option and a bluetooth, I tried using the usb option and no luck so I'm trying to use the bluetooth option as it should be easier but...
  6. I have samsung sound bar and it connects to my phone but my computer refuses to see it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why does the larges and wealthiest software company in the world refuse to have a phone...

Why does the larges and wealthiest software company in the world refuse to have a phone...: I ONLY have a personal account. I erroneously signed up for a new Teams subscription, having mistakenly been told I'd have to buy this separately from my existing Office 365 subscription. [This is my mistake, and I'm fine with allowing the *first* month's fee as my...
  8. Why does the larges and wealthiest software company in the world refuse to have a phone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the larges and wealthiest software company in the world refuse to have a phone...: I ONLY have a personal account. I erroneously signed up for a new Teams subscription, having mistakenly been told I'd have to buy this separately from my existing Office 365 subscription. [This is my mistake, and I'm fine with allowing the *first* month's fee as my...
  9. Onedrive refuses to open any files across multiple phones.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive refuses to open any files across multiple phones.: This is my third android phone and when attempting to access a file Onedrive still denies me saying I do not have permissions although it has full permissions. It absolutely REFUSES to let me access any files and support just tells me "It is being fixed or looked upon" this...
  10. Onedrive refuses to open any files across multiple phones.

Onedrive refuses to open any files across multiple phones.: This is my third android phone and when attempting to access a file Onedrive still denies me saying I do not have permissions although it has full permissions. It absolutely REFUSES to let me access any files and support just tells me "It is being fixed or looked upon" this...