Windows 10: 'Your Phone' not routing audio

Discus and support 'Your Phone' not routing audio in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I linked my phone with 'Your Phone' and am able to send and receive texts/calls. However the audio is not routed from either my microphone or to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snailic, Mar 25, 2020.

1. 'Your Phone' not routing audio

I linked my phone with 'Your Phone' and am able to send and receive texts/calls. However the audio is not routed from either my microphone or to my headphones.

My phone detects my PC as a bluetooth device and defaults to it when I answer a call while connected to my PC. I only have 2 sound devices enabled, my microphone and my headphones.

Anyone have any experience with this and are able to help?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Snailic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Snailic, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Multichannel audio interface in/out routing

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of your external audio interface?
    • Which routing application are you using?

The configurations of inputs and outputs on any audio interface is dependent on the hardware and its supporting software. Any audio interface with more than 2 inputs and 2 outputs, should ideally give the user an option to map the
    Input and Output Config, according to his interest.

I suggest you to go through the user manual provided by your audio interface's manufacturer to know how to set up the control surface.

If it doesn't explain how to configure, I suggest you to get in touch with the audio interface's manufacturer to know how to configure the same.

Hope it answers.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Windows 10 Audio Routing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We will need few more details so that we can narrow down to the root cause of the issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

1. Which build version of Windows you are using?
    2. Was there any change or update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    3. May I know the make and the model number for your system?
    4. Do you receive any error message or error code when the audio routing automatically switches back to the default device?
    5. Could you please confirm if you have tried setting the default device in the
      App volume and device preferences in Windows Settings?

From Settings > System > Sound > Advanced sound options > App volume and device preferences > under apps, look for Netflix and set the default device

You can try few of the troubleshooting steps to check if this helps you.

Method 1: Reset Netflix.

1. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Find Netflix and Click on it.
    3. Click on Advanced options.
    4. Click on Reset.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Netflix.

You can check the article
    Repair or remove programs in Windows 10
    try this, if this doesn’t work try to reinstall the app.

Method 3: Update audio drivers.

I suggest you to
    update sound drivers
    , you may also check the system manufacturer's website so see if there is a new version of your audio drive available for update.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to reply with the answers to the questions above and also the screenshot of
    mmsys.cpl Screen, by Press Windows + R key on your keyboard and typing
    mmysys.cpl and hit enter.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

'Your Phone' not routing audio

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

'Your Phone' not routing audio

1. 'Your Phone' not routing audio - Similar Threads - 'Your Phone' routing

2. Your Phone Win11 Selecting Audio source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone Win11 Selecting Audio source: Hi all,I would love to *properly* use the Your Phone app for work, and I have been trying off and on since working from home during the pandemic, but my main issue is that I use two audio sources...for Windows sounds/ notifications, music and training videos, etc. I use my...
  3. Your Phone app audio question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Your Phone app audio question: My phone is a Note 9. I recently have set up the Your Phone app with my Windows 10 computer to my phone and it works for the most part. I would like all of the apps, not just my calling apps, to play audio to my computer. For instance, audio from Facebook, Snapchat, an audio...
  4. Your Phone app audio question

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Phone app audio question: My phone is a Note 9. I recently have set up the Your Phone app with my Windows 10 computer to my phone and it works for the most part. I would like all of the apps, not just my calling apps, to play audio to my computer. For instance, audio from Facebook, Snapchat, an audio...
  5. Audio routing issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio routing issue: [ATTACH]I am having an issue with audio routing. I have set the output on the highlighted application. When I close the application and open it back up. The app shows that it's set, but it PLAYS to the default output. System Info OS build: 19041.329 Version: 2004 Windows...
  6. Problem with audio routing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with audio routing: [ATTACH] So I recently discovered that, when I plug in something through my 3.5mm jack, it doesn't register as an independent output. It doesn't register at all, but audio that was supposed to go through the speakers will go through the jack. If someone could please help...
  7. Your Phone Audio Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone Audio Not Working: I can make phone calls using Your Phone, but the audio comes through the phone rather than my PC. I've disconnected and reconnected the phone as recommended by the troubleshooting guide but the problem persists. Is anyone else getting this? Phone: LG-H870 Android Version: 9...
  8. Your Phone Audio Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone Audio Not Working: I can make phone calls using Your Phone, but the audio comes through the phone rather than my PC. I've disconnected and reconnected the phone as recommended by the troubleshooting guide but the problem persists. Is anyone else getting this? Phone: LG-H870 Android Version:...
  9. Windows 10 Audio Routing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Audio Routing: With the windows audio routing it works with all programs I've tried so far except Netflix, I switch it to LCD TV it will work for a single episode, and then switch to the default audio device, going back in to the audio routing control panel and choosing the TV again will...
  10. Multichannel audio interface in/out routing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multichannel audio interface in/out routing: Hi I have an external professional audio interface with 18 IN / 18 OUT I would like to know how I can route/map any input to any output as now I can only route/map by pairs - IN1 together with IN2, IN3 together with IN4 and so on. For example I want to be able to map LEFT...