Windows 10: Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received

Discus and support Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I see only the phone number the message is from. I did import all of my contacts from other accounts to my MS acct. Anyone else having this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by inalee, Jan 15, 2020.

1. inalee Win User

Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received

I see only the phone number the message is from. I did import all of my contacts from other accounts to my MS acct. Anyone else having this issue? What might I be doing wrong?

:)

inalee, Jan 15, 2020

2. caller ID

Hi,

To show the Caller ID, please follow these simple steps:

• From the Start screen, swipe left.
    • Scroll and tap Phone.
    • Tap the Menu icon.
    • Tap Settings/call settings.
    • Tap the Show my caller ID to drop-down.
    • Tap to select the desired option from the list.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards

Dennis Zac, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Naming phone/ caller ID

Can someone tell me how do I put my name onto phone so that it will show on other people caller ID and not just my number?

MichaelColombo, Jan 15, 2020
  4. SaiZo Win User

VoIP problems (Caller ID specific)

Ok, I have found out that the Caller ID unit I own is outdated, it works with cordless DECT type phones connected directly to the IGW-2000, and shows the numbers of incoming call.

Thanks for the help, Sasqui!

SaiZo, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received - Similar Threads - Phone showing names

2. Phone Link "Messages" shows phone numbers, not names and photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link "Messages" shows phone numbers, not names and photos: I know this has been an issue a number of times. They keep resolving the issue and then it comes back. I have been using Phone Link for quite a while. In the last year the number of numbers I have to keep editing and re-syncing is stupid. I have had to use a few different...
  3. Phone Link "Messages" shows phone numbers, not names and photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link "Messages" shows phone numbers, not names and photos: I know this has been an issue a number of times. They keep resolving the issue and then it comes back. I have been using Phone Link for quite a while. In the last year the number of numbers I have to keep editing and re-syncing is stupid. I have had to use a few different...
  4. RESOLVED: Phone Link "Messages" shows phone numbers, not names and photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESOLVED: Phone Link "Messages" shows phone numbers, not names and photos: I use Phone Link on my Windows 11 PC to text message through my Samsung S22+ phone. I use the desktop Outlook client on my PC and have my Outlook contacts synchronize with the Samsung Contacts app on my phone. A couple of months ago, I began to notice that the names and...
  5. RESOLVED: Phone Link "Messages" shows phone numbers, not names and photos

RESOLVED: Phone Link "Messages" shows phone numbers, not names and photos: I use Phone Link on my Windows 11 PC to text message through my Samsung S22+ phone. I use the desktop Outlook client on my PC and have my Outlook contacts synchronize with the Samsung Contacts app on my phone. A couple of months ago, I began to notice that the names and...
  6. Your Phone app shows no Messages option

Your Phone app shows no Messages option: Trying to set up Your Phone app to use with my iPhone. Directions say to open the Your Phone app, choose my phone, choose Settings, then choose Messages -- but there is no Messages shown. What am I missing? Please help. TIA...
  7. Your Phone not showing proper message

Your Phone not showing proper message: I've been having a severe problem with Your Phone for the last several updates. It's driving me mad. At first I thought I was just loosing it, but I went ahead and took screen shots this time to prove that Your Phone is having problems. The situation is, I get a...
  8. Your Phone caller ID on Win10 is always Unknown.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone caller ID on Win10 is always Unknown.: I have this issue where the caller-ID is always shown as Unknown on my PC while it shows the name on my phone. I am on the Insider Slow-ring. The bluetooth settings on my phone is set to "Share conacts". Anyone else with the same issue, or a suggestion on how to solve...
  9. Not receiving photos attached to text messages in Your Phone

Not receiving photos attached to text messages in Your Phone: Hello, Your Phone is installed and running on my laptop, which is running Windows 10 Home 1809. I installed Your Phone Companion on my Moto G6 today. I believe I got the app working, but I'm not able to receive pictures sent to me via text messages. When I look at my...
  10. caller id

caller id: When will Microsoft have it's own caller id for Windows Phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caller-id/4378eed1-59ee-40d4-b47b-b7c816aa13ac