Windows 10: Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received

Discus and support Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I see only the phone number the message is from. I did import all of my contacts from other accounts to my MS acct. Anyone else having this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by inalee, Jan 15, 2020.

1. inalee Win User

Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received

I see only the phone number the message is from. I did import all of my contacts from other accounts to my MS acct. Anyone else having this issue? What might I be doing wrong?

:)

inalee, Jan 15, 2020

2. caller ID

Hi,

To show the Caller ID, please follow these simple steps:

• From the Start screen, swipe left.
    • Scroll and tap Phone.
    • Tap the Menu icon.
    • Tap Settings/call settings.
    • Tap the Show my caller ID to drop-down.
    • Tap to select the desired option from the list.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards

Dennis Zac, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Naming phone/ caller ID

Can someone tell me how do I put my name onto phone so that it will show on other people caller ID and not just my number?

MichaelColombo, Jan 15, 2020
  4. SaiZo Win User

VoIP problems (Caller ID specific)

Ok, I have found out that the Caller ID unit I own is outdated, it works with cordless DECT type phones connected directly to the IGW-2000, and shows the numbers of incoming call.

Thanks for the help, Sasqui!

SaiZo, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Your Phone not showing names caller id for messages received - Similar Threads - Phone showing names

2. Not receiving photos attached to text messages in Your Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not receiving photos attached to text messages in Your Phone: Hello, Your Phone is installed and running on my laptop, which is running Windows 10 Home 1809. I installed Your Phone Companion on my Moto G6 today. I believe I got the app working, but I'm not able to receive pictures sent to me via text messages. When I look at my...
  3. Your Phone Doesn't show thread

Your Phone Doesn't show thread: I was using the your phone app and it worked well. I stopped using it for a few months and when I came back to it, it doesn't work properly anymore. In my messages it says "This thread contains messages that can only be viewed from your phone." I did any available updates....
  4. Your Phone app - messages not keeping in sync with my phone

Your Phone app - messages not keeping in sync with my phone: When I delete messages from my phone, they don't disappear from the Your Phone app on Windows 10. Refresh makes no difference. Reported via feedback hub. 142434
  5. Your Phone app: Phone numbers instead of contact names in some message threads

Your Phone app: Phone numbers instead of contact names in some message threads: A few of my contacts suddenly only appear with their phone numbers in the message list. This started a few weeks back. The contacts were displayed correctly with their names earlier. When I write a new message and type in their names, both the name and the number appear...
  6. "you got a message on your phone"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "you got a message on your phone": Two times now, I received a message that sounds like this: "you got a message on your phone" "want to see phone messages on this PC too? YES, NO, Maybe Later" So that is the message I got on my Windows 10 PC, in a system notification. First, I don't own a cell phone,...
  7. "Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...

"Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...: Hi guys i am trying to troubleshoot my issue for an about month now, still no luck. My phone is clear Android, Nokia 8. As text messages are showing up properly the account must be linked properly. I tried to unlink the phone from my Microsoft account, resetting apps both...
  8. caller id

caller id: When will Microsoft have it's own caller id for Windows Phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caller-id/4378eed1-59ee-40d4-b47b-b7c816aa13ac
  9. Microsoft’s latest patent takes the phone caller ID feature to next level

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s latest patent takes the phone caller ID feature to next level: Microsoft’s latest patent hints at a unique concept that would improve the caller ID feature on our devices. The patent application in the question has nothing to do with the rumoured devices such as Andromeda. First discovered by us, a patent titled “Cross Device Companion...
  10. Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only delete messages on...