Windows 10: Your Phone: Physical keyboard not recognized

Discus and support Your Phone: Physical keyboard not recognized in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm using the Your Phone app on my Microsoft Surface Book 2 with my Samsung Galaxy A41 to mirror the phone screen to Windows. Unfortunately,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Morgy93, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Morgy93 Win User

Your Phone: Physical keyboard not recognized

Hello,

I'm using the Your Phone app on my Microsoft Surface Book 2 with my Samsung Galaxy A41 to mirror the phone screen to Windows.

Unfortunately, the Surface physical keyboard doesn't work, my phone says no physical keyboard is connected.

The support doc says it should work: Setting up and using phone screen in the Your Phone app microsoft.com

Any help?

:)

Morgy93, Feb 18, 2021

2. N900 Physical keyboard lights not working

Hi,

Physical keyboard lights are not working when display is fully up. Keyboard lights work only when display is halfway up. Lights go off just a millimeter before when display reach it top position.

Can anyone suggest is this a software issue or there is something physically wrong with phone (slider-switch is slightly misplaced or broken)?

Thanks.

thumbfinger, Feb 18, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    want to use manual keyboard----not on screen keyboard

Hi,

The On-Screen Keyboard is an application which provides a visual keyboard on your screen that can be used in place of a physical keyboard. To better assist you and provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is your physical keyboard not functioning?
    • Have you tried turning off the On-Screen Keyboard?

To turn off the On-Screen Keyboard, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Under On-Screen Keyboard, make sure it is set to Off.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Feb 18, 2021
  4. devnull Win User

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Your Phone: Physical keyboard not recognized - Similar Threads - Phone Physical keyboard

2. physical keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    physical keyboard not working?: hi, my name is audie. sometimes whenever i open up my laptop dell latitude windows 10 built in, my physical keyboard is disabled. i am not able to type anything in. when i login via touch screen touch screen, it asks if i want to enable tablet mode. i've clicked on yes, and...
  3. physical keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    physical keyboard not working?: hi, my name is audie. sometimes whenever i open up my laptop dell latitude windows 10 built in, my physical keyboard is disabled. i am not able to type anything in. when i login via touch screen touch screen, it asks if i want to enable tablet mode. i've clicked on yes, and...
  4. physical keyboard not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Your Phone Companion" keyboard toggle is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your Phone Companion" keyboard toggle is missing: "Your Phone Companion" icon on my Android Phone has replaced my keyboard toggle option, how do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-companion-keyboard-toggle-is-missing/575ece31-3a23-42ff-8e05-41ad2e1955c5
  6. "Your Phone Companion" keyboard toggle is missing

"Your Phone Companion" keyboard toggle is missing: "Your Phone Companion" icon on my Android Phone has replaced my keyboard toggle option, how do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-companion-keyboard-toggle-is-missing/575ece31-3a23-42ff-8e05-41ad2e1955c5
  7. Your PHone Companion Keyboard Toggle Is Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PHone Companion Keyboard Toggle Is Missing: Since I installed Your Phone Companion to my Galaxy ZFold3, I no longer have the option to toggle to different keyboards while texting.In it's place there is a person icon instead of the keyboard icon.How do I get the keyboard toggle back?...
  8. Your PHone Companion Keyboard Toggle Is Missing

Your PHone Companion Keyboard Toggle Is Missing: Since I installed Your Phone Companion to my Galaxy ZFold3, I no longer have the option to toggle to different keyboards while texting.In it's place there is a person icon instead of the keyboard icon.How do I get the keyboard toggle back?...
  9. Can't use physical keyboard in "Your Phone" app

Can't use physical keyboard in "Your Phone" app: I can't use physical keyboard in "Your Phone" app My keyboard is connected with my PC by an USB cable. And i can't use physical keyboard in "Your Phone" app anywhere for example any instant messaging apps. Do you have any ideas what i can do? Phone OS: A31, android...
  10. Physical AZERTY Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Physical AZERTY Keyboard: Hello, I want to buy the new unreleased Microsoft Surface Laptop Go but I want it in AZERTY Keyboard. Please reply if the Microsoft Surface Laptop Go i5, 8Gb RAM, 128Gb SSID is available in AZERTY Keyboard in the US. Thank You...