Windows 10: Your Phone Thumbnail files

Discus and support Your Phone Thumbnail files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a sad story whereby my Galaxy phone totally died and I did not have a backup of my pictures. fast forward a bit, I accidentally clicked on 'Your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by melrose1279, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Your Phone Thumbnail files

I have a sad story whereby my Galaxy phone totally died and I did not have a backup of my pictures.
    fast forward a bit, I accidentally clicked on 'Your Phone' this morning which had been linked with my Galaxy and decided to press Photos, just in case....

To my great surprise there are some preview images available (not many but they are very precious photos of my son's first minutes and days).

clicking on the thumnails, Your Phone attempts to pull the data from the phone (which is obviously not plugged in because it is utterly dead) so I can't get the full-fat high resolution images.

What I am trying to identify is where the thumbnail images are saved in my computer so that I can copy them somewhere safe, I would rather have a 3 inch square image than nothing at all.

I really hope someone can guide me through this.

Mike

(windows 10 version 2004, build 19041.746)

:)

melrose1279, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Your Phone Thumbnail files

Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Your Phone Thumbnail files

1. Your Phone Thumbnail files - Similar Threads - Phone Thumbnail files

2. Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps: HiLooking for adviceI don't really know what s really happening but I cannot connect Your Phone app PC to My Phone Companion Nokia 2.4. Basically, I cannot connect those devices via Your Phone app. They don't receive the notifications to connect. I am connected for both...
  3. File path for 'Your Phone' app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File path for 'Your Phone' app: It would be really helpful, if someone could tell me what is the path of Your Phone app, in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-for-your-phone-app/41e67556-0e10-42c3-b10b-7b1e4d4a93de
  4. Your Phone

Your Phone: My laptop, windows 10 2004 is connected to my phone realme 5 android 10 but the problem is, they were not syncing even though they were connected on the same network. The notifs, messages and photos are not showing. On your phone app, it says that i must connect to a network....
  5. Your Phone

Your Phone: I have a Samsung S10+ and several windows machines. On 2 of my windows machines, everything works well, but on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3, it does not. Phone connects and I can see photos, messages, phone calls, etc, but I cannot see the Phone screen. I get an error: Error...
  6. Your Phone/Your Phone Compain

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone/Your Phone Compain: Is there anyway to get a computer connected with an ethernet connection instead of Wifi on the same router to work with Your Phone? I don't have a wireless card on my desktop and want to be able to see my texts. It is connected via ethernet to the same router the Wifi network...
  7. Your phone

Your phone: The your phone app seems to be working on my laptop but does nothing on my andorid note 8 phone. On my phone is seems it's only function is to set it up on the laptop. Is this it's only function? Not sure where to post this question. Please direct me to the right place....
  8. Your Phone

Your Phone: Hi All I have just Downloaded the Your Phone App to access the photos on my Android. And yes I can now see them, great, but where can I download or export more than one photo at a time. Surely you haven't designed an App that will only allow me to download 1000 photos -...
  9. Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App

Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App: Hi I just recently downloaded the Your Phone App on the Microsoft store and the Your Phone Companion on my android. It works as I need it to but my computer will only sync when it is plugged into a power source. I am often on the go without plugging in my computer and was...
  10. your phone

your phone: i want to download the your phone app but i need to update my computer, it says its up to date but its really not. i have a dell xps 15 9560 with os version 15063 but i need version 17134. is there any way i can manually do it?...