Windows 10: Your Phone - Unable to drag and drop files from phone to windows

Discus and support Your Phone - Unable to drag and drop files from phone to windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hiya, hope everyone doing well. This is regarding Your Phone drag and drop file feature. I am unable to copy files from my android to windows. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by onlytanmoy, May 4, 2021.

1. Your Phone - Unable to drag and drop files from phone to windows

Hiya, hope everyone doing well. This is regarding Your Phone drag and drop file feature. I am unable to copy files from my android to windows. It is working other way round though. So when I open gallery and select an image and drag and drop over windows explorer, nothing happens! same with My Files app. Sometimes I will get this message in my laptop notification banner - "We ran into an issue transferring this file please try again". I restarted both phone and laptop still no luck. I am on latest versions on both my devices. I tried reset, repair Your Phone app in laptop, unlinked and setup all over again, still same issue persists Please help me guys. My Win 10 version is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928)

:)

onlytanmoy, May 4, 2021
  2. Sheltieuk Win User

Your Phone - Unable to drag and drop files from phone to windows

No' Photos by the way check your Settings in the App as shown below:-

Your Phone - Unable to drag and drop files from phone to windows [​IMG]

Sheltieuk, May 4, 2021
  3. Your Phone - Unable to drag and drop files from phone to windows

Thanks for your response mate, I will check it out as an alternative.
    I will leave this thread open though in case someone is able to suggest a solution to the specific issue I am facing with regards to Your Phone app. It certainly was working earlier so not sure what broke it. If someone using Your Phone can confirm if the drag n' drop image/file from phone to PC via Your Phone is still working for them or not?

onlytanmoy, May 4, 2021
  4. Your Phone - Unable to drag and drop files from phone to windows

Hiya, hope everyone doing well. This is regarding Your Phone drag and drop file feature. I am unable to copy files from my android to windows. It is working other way round though. So when I open gallery and select an image and drag and drop over windows explorer, nothing happens! same with My Files app. Sometimes I will get this message in my laptop notification banner - "We ran into an issue transferring this file please try again".

I restarted both phone and laptop still no luck. I am on latest versions on both my devices. I tried reset, repair Your Phone app in laptop, unlinked and setup all over again, still same issue persists Please help me guys.

My Win 10 version is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928)

onlytanmoy, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Your Phone - Unable to drag and drop files from phone to windows - Similar Threads - Phone Unable drag

2. Unable to open phone screen on Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open phone screen on Your Phone app: I am unable to access my phone screen on the Your Phone app, though my PC and phone are on the same network. My PC is connected to the same network as my phone, but through LAN. Is this what's causing the problem?...
  3. Unable to install Your Phone app from Windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install Your Phone app from Windows store: I've tried several times to install the Your Phone app from the Windows store to my Win 10/64 PC. Every time I get an error message that says, Something unexpected happened and Code: 0xC00CE224 at the bottom. How can I get around this?...
  4. Your Phone/Your Phone Compain

Your Phone/Your Phone Compain: Is there anyway to get a computer connected with an ethernet connection instead of Wifi on the same router to work with Your Phone? I don't have a wireless card on my desktop and want to be able to see my texts. It is connected via ethernet to the same router the Wifi network...
  5. Unable to drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to drag and drop files: I use MacOS Catalina 10.15. and have an issue with drag and drop files into the OneDrive sidebar folder in Finder. I've given access to my entire disk in Security & Privacy, but it still won't work. Any suggestions?...
  6. Unable to drag and drop files into a zip file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to drag and drop files into a zip file: Under File Explorer I cannot drag and drop a file into a pre-created zip file no longer. This feature used to work but now I am unable even to highlight the zip file...
  7. Your Phone app now supports File drag and drop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app now supports File drag and drop in Windows 10: Save yourself an email by seamlessly dragging and dropping files between your Android phone and PC. We are excited to announce that the new File drag and drop feature is available to our Windows Insider Community. What are the minimum requirements to use File drag and drop?...
  8. removing a phone from Your Phone app

removing a phone from Your Phone app: My "Your Phone" app is linked to a phone I no longer own. How do I unlink that phone and link to my current phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-phone-from-your-phone-app/8dbe6fbb-5698-455b-bfe7-8e7de7b28956
  9. Unable to update Your Phone app from Windows Store

Unable to update Your Phone app from Windows Store: This is Your Phone app running on my PC and asking for update: [ATTACH] On pressing Update button, Windows Store is not showing me to update the app: [ATTACH] I have tried deleting the Download folder in my Local drive C:\Windows\Software Distribution\ But no help....
  10. Phone companion/Your phone.

Phone companion/Your phone.: Following situation: Windows 10 PC with 1909 installed, and Your Phone app YPC properly installed. Android Phone Moto G6 with MS YPC installed. All settings set according to MS: Bluetooth etc., etc. In W 10 Settings > Phone shows that the phone is linked: Moto G6. The W 10...