Windows 10: Your Phone: while setting up, phone says check PC, while PC says check phone

Discus and support Your Phone: while setting up, phone says check PC, while PC says check phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello All, Thank you very much for your help. I've encountered a species of Your Phone setup problem that isn't quite like those on the rest of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by makeshiftwordsmith, May 23, 2020.

1. Your Phone: while setting up, phone says check PC, while PC says check phone

Hello All,

Thank you very much for your help. I've encountered a species of Your Phone setup problem that isn't quite like those on the rest of this website. When I am setting up the connection between my laptop and phone for the Your Phone app, I follow all of the standard steps. The app on my computer says "Check your phone...We need permission to connect and access data on your phone. Please check your phone for a notification and tap allow," while my phone says "Check your PC..." we are checking something on your PC before asking final permission my phone is in another language so that's not exact.

Sometimes I can get it to the point where the phone says "Check your PC...In the Your Phone app on your PC, select Send Notification. The final permission will be sent to your phone," and the computer gets stuck saying "We're almost done...You've successfully signed-in on your phone. Hang tight while we finish one last thing to get your devices linked." It has a "resend notification" button, but this does not send anything to my phone.

In my first attempt to skate around this problem, I tried setting up the app using the QR code path but when I input "www.aka.ms/linkphone" into my PC'S browser, it would just open the Your Phone app, and show the same "you've successfully signed in on your phone..." with no mention of a QR code. This exact thing happened even after I had uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both my laptop and my phone which leads me to believe that the "reset/uninstall" button on the PC does no such thing--if it had really uninstalled, why would it open right to the "we're almost done" page?.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, etc. Can't get past this issue. I'd love to cede microsoft all of the relevant data rights so they can get all up in my phone and photos and messages and manipulate me but they're so dumb, they won't even let me!

:)

makeshiftwordsmith, May 23, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

Check Android Phone Battery Level in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC  

Doesn't work for me. I just updated to 3.7.1 on my phone but there is no battery icon showing in the Your Phone app on my PC.
    Your Phone 1.19071.901.0

Your Phone: while setting up, phone says check PC, while PC says check phone [​IMG]

Your Phone: while setting up, phone says check PC, while PC says check phone [​IMG]

Ztruker, May 23, 2020
  3. ITM
    itm Win User
    "Your Phone" won't connect to phone after motherboard replacement

I've had the Your Phone app running for the last few months on my Windows 10 Pro PC, connecting to my LG V20 phone (Android v8). Last week my motherboard failed, so I replaced it and restored my Windows setup to a new SSD while I was at it.
    Now the Your Phone app won't connect to my phone - it says: "We can't connect to your phone. Make sure that your PC and phone are connected to the internet".
    The name of my phone (V20) is still displayed in the top left corner of the app Window. Both PC and phone are connected to the internet (via the same router). I have tried:
    - Uninstalling and re-installing the Android app (and re-adding the necessary app permissions)
    - Resetting the Your Phone PC app
    The Android app says "Check your PC", and tells me to select "Send notification", but that option isn't available anywhere in the PC app that I can see.
    Can anyone advise on how I can get re-connected to my phone?

- - - Updated - - -

...one step forward...one step back...after another re-installation of the Android app I was able to get as far as sending a notification from the PC app, and selected "Allow" when the notification came up on the phone. Now the phone says "Your phone and PC are linked", but the PC app still says "We can't connect to your phone"
    ????

4. xsteveuk Win User

Your Phone: while setting up, phone says check PC, while PC says check phone

Check Android Phone Battery Level in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC  

The mobile app has been updated 3.7.6 if that helps *Smile

xsteveuk, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Your Phone: while setting up, phone says check PC, while PC says check phone

1. Your Phone: while setting up, phone says check PC, while PC says check phone - Similar Threads - Phone while setting

2. Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.: Recently, Phone Link on my laptop is requesting me to connect to my Android phone using a QR code or manually. Scanning the QR code gives a link to be copied, but that link is not valid. I cannot get pass that screen. On my Android phone, I have Link to Windows installed and...
  3. Android phone says it has connected to pc with phone link but pc doesn't recognise it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android phone says it has connected to pc with phone link but pc doesn't recognise it: I have 2 pcs, A and B, both on Windows 11 with recent updates. I have an android phone with the latest version of Phone Link from the MS Store. I can pair my phone to pc B and it works correctly. When I try to pair the phone with pc A, the phone says that it is paired but...
  4. Android phone says it has connected to pc with phone link but pc doesn't recognise it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android phone says it has connected to pc with phone link but pc doesn't recognise it: I have 2 pcs, A and B, both on Windows 11 with recent updates. I have an android phone with the latest version of Phone Link from the MS Store. I can pair my phone to pc B and it works correctly. When I try to pair the phone with pc A, the phone says that it is paired but...
  5. Your Phone getting stuck at "we're almost done" and "check your pc"

Your Phone getting stuck at "we're almost done" and "check your pc": The "Your phone" app Windows 10 & Android was working great, then I upgraded my motherboard and it stopped synching. After repairing my account and connecting it to the new motherboard, I've tried removing and uninstalling both the windows 10 and Androis Apps and I am still...
  6. Android phone says "Lost connection to your PC" in the "Your Phone Companion", but it...

Android phone says "Lost connection to your PC" in the "Your Phone Companion", but it...: I can run the "Your phone" desktop application and it all seems to work ok with my phone. I can see photos, and send text messages from the PC through the phone. But the phone notifications window shows a message that it "Lost connection to your PC" and I can't remove this...
  7. Your Phone on pc

Your Phone on pc: one time I was able to click and Your Phone would open on my pc, now I cannot open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-on-pc/d073371e-3b54-438a-9545-f1b4d7449139
  8. Your Phone App Check your Phone / PC??

Your Phone App Check your Phone / PC??: Ive been trying to get the Your Phone app working since it was released but ive only managed to get it working maybe 3 or 4 times. Most of the time i cant get past the Check your Phone / PC part. What are the Network requirements for this app so i can make sure my Firewall...
  9. Your Phone App - Says on phone it's connected, but on PC still says "Check Your Phone"

Your Phone App - Says on phone it's connected, but on PC still says "Check Your Phone": I can't get the Your Phone app to work on my PC. I'll go through the setup process on my PC and also my Android phone, and eventually hit the point where the PC says it's going to send a notification to my phone for permissions. The notification arrives after about a ten...
  10. Check Android Phone Battery Level in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check Android Phone Battery Level in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Check Android Phone Battery Level in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC How to Check Android Phone Battery Level in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you phone screen, and more from your Android phone on your PC. Starting in Your Phone app version...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.aka.ms/linkphona