Windows 10: Your Phone - worked, now doesn't

Discus and support Your Phone - worked, now doesn't in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win10 Pro, Samsung S8 Your Phone was a Microsoft product I actually liked and used. Little wonder that it went belly up with no discernable error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by guyshomenet, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Your Phone - worked, now doesn't

Win10 Pro, Samsung S8

Your Phone was a Microsoft product I actually liked and used. Little wonder that it went belly up with no discernable error message or status.

SYMPTOMS: After launching the Your Phone app on Windows, the splash screen shows for about a minute then the app disappears. It looks perhaps like a network timeout the laptop itself is working fine with all nominal networking activities unimpeded.

The only change on either device was the laptop was rebooted, but no Win10 patches were installed.

I tried updating the app from the Windows Store, but that did not correct the situation.

Aside from spelunking through the event viewer, what might be causing this and what are the steps to debug and/or fix?

:)

guyshomenet, Aug 10, 2020
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Your Phone app not working

Perhaps this may be of help clearing up some confusion.

If you do a search for "Your Phone" via the Windows 10 start menu, the result takes you to the "Your Phone" app page, which gives you the options to connect/sync your computer to your phone. It is the settings on that page that I have struggled with, because they lead you nowhere, with no way to complete the process. At least, that is my experience.

But there is another choice in that also shows up farther down in the start menu "Your Phone" the search results called "Link your phone". It takes you to a different settings page titled "Your Phone", but gives you options not found on the Your Phone "app" page, including the ability to add a device, and most importantly, "unlink" your phone. This is the crucial step, which will lead you to the next step of re-linking your phone on your computer. You will come across a popup that displays a QR code (you will be asked to scan this QR code in a further step), and you will be asked to install the the Your Phone app on your phone (even if it is already installed), upon which it will then offer you to confirm the process by either scanning the QR code, or signing into Microsoft.

For me, for whatever reason, scanning the QR code did not work, but signing into Microsoft did complete the process.

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

Your Phone - worked, now doesn't

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Your Phone - worked, now doesn't

1. Your Phone - worked, now doesn't - Similar Threads - Phone worked doesn't

2. Your Phone NOW Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone NOW Phone Link: This applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11NOW available as of March 31st 2022Your Phone is NOW Phone LinkPlease > Store > Library for the Update to Phone Link. Once done Your Phone becomes Phone Link....
  3. Your Phone NOW Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone NOW Phone Link: This applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11NOW available as of March 31st 2022Your Phone is NOW Phone LinkPlease > Store > Library for the Update to Phone Link. Once done Your Phone becomes Phone Link....
  4. Your Phone doesn't connect

Your Phone doesn't connect: Hello all,My Android smartphone is usually connected via Your Phone to my main laptop Windows 10 Pro. I am now travelling with a notebook Windows 10 too, It used to be able to connect with my smartphone with that app last time I had used it. But now this doesn't work anymore,...
  5. Your Phone doesn't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone doesn't connect: Hello all,My Android smartphone is usually connected via Your Phone to my main laptop Windows 10 Pro. I am now travelling with a notebook Windows 10 too, It used to be able to connect with my smartphone with that app last time I had used it. But now this doesn't work anymore,...
  6. Doesn't "your phone companion" works?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doesn't "your phone companion" works?: Hi everyone. I just wanted to use the app your phone companion to transfer quickly photoes from smartphone to pc. I connected everything, I gave the permissions it needed but when I tap "Photo" nothing appears. I try to refresh but it says that phone and pc ar not connected...
  7. Your Phone Companion is now totally not working

Your Phone Companion is now totally not working: This has lasted three days. Such a bummer. 162479
  8. Your Phone phone screen now working with Galaxy S9

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone phone screen now working with Galaxy S9: Maybe it works with others now too. I got the update to Android 10 last night then a new Your Phone update was available in the MS store. The Phone Screen option showed up. submitted by /u/zZIm_At_WorkZz [link] [comments]...
  9. Your Phone doesn't work for screen mirroring & phone calls.

Your Phone doesn't work for screen mirroring & phone calls.: Phone: Galaxy S10e OS: Windows 10 1909, latest updates applied When I try to do screen mirroring, I give permission on the phone but nothing happens in the app. It just doesn't work. For phone calls, I can't set up the connection. I followed the troubleshooting steps and...
  10. Your Phone doesn't work...

Your Phone doesn't work...: As title says. Doesn't work. When I try to refresh photos or messages it just keeps "loading" forever. Screen mirroring works but nothing else does. Have tried resetting the app on my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling on my laptop. Nothing works. 142906