Windows 10: your pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings

Discus and support your pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad S145. I used it for a week and then it had a system update. At the log in screen this message pop up: "your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bosnian_girl, Jun 20, 2020.

1. your pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings

I just bought a new laptop Lenovo IdeaPad S145. I used it for a week and then it had a system update. At the log in screen this message pop up: "your pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings" and the only option is to change pin via Outlook sign in, which is not a problem but the phone number listed in my security settings and needed to verify it is no longer active, since I haven't used it in a long time.

I tried activating it, but it will take a while. I also changed to my new phone number, but for some reason that will take 30 days. I also done a reset on the windows, but it stayed the same.

Is there any way to make a new user? Or skip this step? I really am in need of a laptop. I don't have any files on it so a total reboot would be fine too. Thank you in advance guys.

submitted by /u/bosnian_girl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bosnian_girl, Jun 20, 2020

2. pin no longer available due to change to security settings

Hello,

Please refer this fix:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-your-pin-is-no-lo...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP, so it is safe.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 20, 2020
  3. LenDNYC Win User
    Your PIN is no longer due to a change change to security settings

I cannot login using my PIN anymore: "Your PIN is no longer due to a change change to security settings"

LenDNYC, Jun 20, 2020
  4. your pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings

PIN is no longer available - security settings

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

[FIX] Your PIN Is No Longer Available Due To A Change In Security Settings On This Device

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

your pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings

1. your pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings - Similar Threads - pin longer available

2. Your PIN is no longer available due a change to the security settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your PIN is no longer available due a change to the security settings: I have no way to log into my new HP laptop since this update. What should happen next is Microsoft texts me a code to allow me to reset my PIN. I cannot receive the code because of a change of phone number. So using a different device I requested a change of number on my...
  3. Your PIN is no longer available due a change to the security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN is no longer available due a change to the security settings: I have no way to log into my new HP laptop since this update. What should happen next is Microsoft texts me a code to allow me to reset my PIN. I cannot receive the code because of a change of phone number. So using a different device I requested a change of number on my...
  4. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in your security settings on this device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in your security settings on this device.: I cannot sign into my device at all. There is no other sign in method that I can use. I did not change any security settings. I was installing a new processor on my computer. I have reset the computer. I have reset the computer with a local back up I have done the system...
  5. YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.

YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.: I have tried many options but I’m unable to fix it. I let my computer turn off, and when I turned it back on when I click enter pin it says “YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.“ when I select change pin it just brings me...
  6. YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.: I have tried many options but I’m unable to fix it. I let my computer turn off, and when I turned it back on when I click enter pin it says “YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.“ when I select change pin it just brings me...
  7. YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.

YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.: Last night I factory reset my pc before going to sleep, I woke up this morning and went to log In and now it won't let me log into my pc, it didn't show the setup like it would usually do. Now it just says "your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security...
  8. your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security: your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security. Couldn't log in! Couldn't enter to change pin! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-a-change-to/6063b3c9-1359-49e9-b789-c455df1bfa47
  9. YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.: I am unable to set-up a new PIN as it asks for a security code to be sent on a number I no longer have. I just updated my number on microsoft accounts and it says will take 30 days before it takes effect. Now I can't even log into my laptop. No option for password login or to...
  10. YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.

YOUR PIN IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE DUE TO A CHANGE TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS ON YOUR DEVICE.: I am unable to set-up a new PIN as it asks for a security code to be sent on a number I no longer have. I just updated my number on microsoft accounts and it says will take 30 days before it takes effect. Now I can't even log into my laptop. No option for password login or to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings on this device

2. lenovo pin no longer available

3. laptop saying your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device