Windows 10: Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin

Discus and support Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing the latest windows upgrade to my Windows 10 pro HP laptop, instead of my windows hello (face recognition) screen which I always got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Norbie85, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Norbie85 Win User

Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin

After installing the latest windows upgrade to my Windows 10 pro HP laptop, instead of my windows hello (face recognition) screen which I always got before the update without any issues, now I'm getting a login screen which reads “Your PIN is required to sign in” but there is no option to enter the pin.

The following screen gives me the option to enter my windows password or forgot password (which i tried twice), or under sign-in options it shows 2 boxes, the windows hello box and the enter password box but no enter pin option.

I’ve changed my microsoft password on a different device, rebooted the pc and its still giving me the error incorrect username or password.

Ive tried rebooting while holding down the shift key. selecting troubleshoot, advanced option, see more recovery option, startup settings, and then restart.

When it restarts it asks for my bit-locker key which it verifies then allows me to enter safe mode with networking. When I select the safe mode with networking it reboots and boots me to the enter password screen in which I get the same wrong user or password message.

PLEASE HELP...Thank-you in advance Norbert

:)

Norbie85, Dec 7, 2018

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin

PIN Entry on Enter

Hi,

To disable your PIN login, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start and go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Remove. It will ask for a confirmation, just click
      Remove.

After that, your PIN login will be disabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Marielle Cas, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin

1. Your PIN is required to sign in message during start up but there is no option to enter the pin - Similar Threads - PIN required sign

2. Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen: My Asus vivobook when I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign in". And i face that from 3:00pm afternoon.I have search the similiar problem in...
  3. "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen: My notebook recently got windows update this afternoon. I remember windows asked about sign in option and I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign...
  4. "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen: My notebook recently got windows update this afternoon. I remember windows asked about sign in option and I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign...
  5. "Your PIN is required to sign in."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PIN is required to sign in.": I am so frustrated that it's an understatement. Been trying FOR WEEKS with no support from Dell. You can't even email anyone. It's as if they're trying to scam you.Long story short: I have the following problem. Every time I try and sign in with my pin I get the following...
  6. "Your PIN is required to sign in."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your PIN is required to sign in.": I am so frustrated that it's an understatement. Been trying FOR WEEKS with no support from Dell. You can't even email anyone. It's as if they're trying to scam you.Long story short: I have the following problem. Every time I try and sign in with my pin I get the following...
  7. "Your PIN is required to sign in."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Your PIN is required to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your PIN is required to sign in: My windows 10 get updated , I do not know where it through my existing user now I saw two user account one is guest which I am able to login but my account with name Saad it says your pin is required to sign in but it never show the textbox to enter the pin what to do now ......
  9. Your PIN is required to sign in.

Your PIN is required to sign in.: Once in a while I can't use my fingerprint reader. I get the message below stating: "Your PIN is required to sign in." Below another message says: "So sing in, scan your finger in the fingerprint reader" After I log in with my PIN I can lock the computer and use the...
  10. Sign in options PIN complexity requirement

Sign in options PIN complexity requirement: One of my Windows 10 home edition computers is requiring six digit signin PIN, where all my other accept 4 digit just fine. What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-pin-complexity-requirement/a7163d8a-85ba-4a22-af6f-5e555639d478

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your pin is required to sign in

2. windows 10 your pin is required to sign in

3. Requird sign-in pin

4. bluetooth check pin never entered