Windows 10: Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen

Discus and support Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Asus vivobook when I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amit Paul2, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen

My Asus vivobook when I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign in". And i face that from 3:00pm afternoon.I have search the similiar problem in windows support but the solution not working at me, because in my screen, only the message appear and there's not other option including bar to submit PIN.The solutions please. I'm still working and have deadline tonight. Thank you

:)

Amit Paul2, Mar 18, 2023
  2. dacrone Win User

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Different Pin Or Password For Lock Screen & Sign-in Screen?

I am wondering if it is possible to have a separate Pin or Password for the lock screen and sign in screen?

For example:
    My Microsoft Account Pin and Password is known to more than myself in my home. I do not want to change the Microsoft Account Password. If I change the Pin at the lock screen, others can just use the Microsoft account Password instead.

What I wish to do is lock my computer and when presented with the lock screen, have the Password for that different than the sign in screen. The only option presented at the first lock screen is either a Pin or Password.

The computer will be doing things in the background while it is locked.

Is it even possible to do what I want?

theoldfarter, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen

Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Hi Bastet and Paul Black,

Thanks for such a quick response! I had tried the steps involved in Brink's tutorial already (both manually and running the .bat file, just in case), but I've given them one more try just to see if it worked - no luck, I'm afraid! While Spotlight itself works on the Lock screen, as soon as I press a key to move to the Sign-In screen to enter my PIN, it changes back to a plain flat-colour background - and that's even with "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled under Personalization.

If I set this to 'disabled', the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen but not the Sign-In screen.
    If I set it to enabled, both Lock and Sign-In show as a plain flat-colour background.

Hi Dalchina,

Thanks for this suggestion as well - I've tried this too (both enabling and disabling the registry key). It seems to get me one step closer. If I create and set 'DisableLogonBackgroundImage' to '1' under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System, then the outcome of "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" under Personalization seems to have a different effect. Regardless of whether "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen", the Spotlight image shows on the Lock screen. However, it still doesn't show on the Sign-In page. That's still just a solid colour.

Do I want DisableLogonBackgroundImage to be 0 or 1? I guessed 1 as I figured that was a 'disable' key - kind of like a double negative Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen :)

And with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData\<your account's SID key>\AnyoneRead\LockScreen, there's the HideLogonBackgroundImage key - which I guess should be set to 0?

I feel like it's just got to be one darn registry key somewhere to fix this, but I've got no idea where to look!

Apologies - I know this is all very trivial but it's irritated me enough that it's getting personal now *Wink

musiclover99, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen

1. Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen - Similar Threads - PIN required sign

2. Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN is required to sign in message shown in lock screen: My Asus vivobook when I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign in". And i face that from 3:00pm afternoon.I have search the similiar problem in...
  3. "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen: My notebook recently got windows update this afternoon. I remember windows asked about sign in option and I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign...
  4. "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen: My notebook recently got windows update this afternoon. I remember windows asked about sign in option and I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign...
  5. "Your PIN is required to sign in."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PIN is required to sign in.": I am so frustrated that it's an understatement. Been trying FOR WEEKS with no support from Dell. You can't even email anyone. It's as if they're trying to scam you.Long story short: I have the following problem. Every time I try and sign in with my pin I get the following...
  6. "Your PIN is required to sign in."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your PIN is required to sign in.": I am so frustrated that it's an understatement. Been trying FOR WEEKS with no support from Dell. You can't even email anyone. It's as if they're trying to scam you.Long story short: I have the following problem. Every time I try and sign in with my pin I get the following...
  7. "Your PIN is required to sign in."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Your PIN is required to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your PIN is required to sign in: My windows 10 get updated , I do not know where it through my existing user now I saw two user account one is guest which I am able to login but my account with name Saad it says your pin is required to sign in but it never show the textbox to enter the pin what to do now ......
  9. Your PIN is required to sign in.

Your PIN is required to sign in.: Once in a while I can't use my fingerprint reader. I get the message below stating: "Your PIN is required to sign in." Below another message says: "So sing in, scan your finger in the fingerprint reader" After I log in with my PIN I can lock the computer and use the...
  10. sign in pin is not shown

sign in pin is not shown: The option to sign in using my pin is not shown. Right now I can only use my password. How can I get my pin back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-pin-is-not-shown/b2f69437-0b6c-4bd9-b361-8dbde6a28f99