Windows 10: Your PIN is required to sign in

Discus and support Your PIN is required to sign in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My windows 10 get updated , I do not know where it through my existing user now I saw two user account one is guest which I am able to login but my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by danishhabib1, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Your PIN is required to sign in

My windows 10 get updated , I do not know where it through my existing user now I saw two user account one is guest which I am able to login but my account with name Saad it says your pin is required to sign in but it never show the textbox to enter the pin what to do now ...

:)

danishhabib1, Jun 20, 2021

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Lee101 Win User

Your PIN is required to sign in

Windows 10 sign in requirement

Microsoft should make the W10 sign in requirement optional. I can understand the security necessity in an office or other working environment, but there are many situations where this type of security is not an issue and the sign in is just an added inconvenience.
    I was able to remove my W10 PIN Sign-in in at Sign in Options under Accounts. However, that created an even greater nuisance by requiring my Microsoft account sign in. I noticed an earlier post has outlined steps to remove the account sign in using netplwiz and some registry mods. Is this the way I should proceed now to get W10 to come from boots and sleep without human intervention ?

Lee101, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Your PIN is required to sign in

1. Your PIN is required to sign in - Similar Threads - PIN required sign

2. "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.: Dear friends, I'm constantly inconvenienced by the way Windows Hello works. It is not always possible to authorize by fingerprint the first time after reboot, 2-3 unsuccessful attempts and Windows requires to enter PIN. Is there any technical possibility in Windows 10 to...
  3. "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.: Dear friends, I'm constantly inconvenienced by the way Windows Hello works. It is not always possible to authorize by fingerprint the first time after reboot, 2-3 unsuccessful attempts and Windows requires to enter PIN. Is there any technical possibility in Windows 10 to...
  4. "Your PIN is required to sign in." after unsuccessful fingerprints.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen: My notebook recently got windows update this afternoon. I remember windows asked about sign in option and I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign...
  6. "Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen

"Your PIN is required to sign in" message on lockscreen: My notebook recently got windows update this afternoon. I remember windows asked about sign in option and I still choose fingerprint or PIN option. But now when I try to unlock my lockscreen using fingerprint, its not working, instead the message "Your PIN is requires to sign...
  7. "Your PIN is required to sign in."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PIN is required to sign in.": I am so frustrated that it's an understatement. Been trying FOR WEEKS with no support from Dell. You can't even email anyone. It's as if they're trying to scam you.Long story short: I have the following problem. Every time I try and sign in with my pin I get the following...
  8. "Your PIN is required to sign in."

"Your PIN is required to sign in.": I am so frustrated that it's an understatement. Been trying FOR WEEKS with no support from Dell. You can't even email anyone. It's as if they're trying to scam you.Long story short: I have the following problem. Every time I try and sign in with my pin I get the following...
  9. "Your PIN is required to sign in."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Your PIN is required to sign in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your PIN is required to sign in.: Once in a while I can't use my fingerprint reader. I get the message below stating: "Your PIN is required to sign in." Below another message says: "So sing in, scan your finger in the fingerprint reader" After I log in with my PIN I can lock the computer and use the...