Windows 10: Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?

Discus and support Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, We just got a new computer at work. Any time I print, I get the attached notification, "Your print job is waiting by other job". After a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by srp, Sep 26, 2018.

1. SRP
    srp Win User

Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job?

Hi,

We just got a new computer at work. Any time I print, I get the attached notification, "Your print job is waiting by other job". After a few minutes, it eventually prints. I have checked and do not have anything in my printer queue. Does anyone have any ideas how to get this message to go away and resume printing immediately again?

Thank you!

:)

2. Tom-Con Win User

Windows print problem. Every Time! Printer prints job, but on PC it still says "Printing" and no additional job will print.

This happens EVERY time.

It happens on two different printers on two different networks (at home and at work)....so it is a WINDOWS problem, not a PRINTER problem.

Send a job to the printer.

It completes and prints JUST FINE. All is well.

THEN==>>

In the printer window for that printer, it continues to say "Printing" (forever!) even tho the job has successfully completed. If i highlight the job and "Delete" it, it says "Deleting"....forever. No other print job sent will print, as they are all blocked
    behind the job that has already successfully printed, and that cannot be manually deleted, either.

So, EVERY TIME the queue must be manually cleared out. The only way i can print another job is a 3-step process

• Go to Services, Stop print queue.
    • Go to PRINTERS folder, delete all files.
    • Go back to Services, and START print queue.

After those three steps, I can print again...exactly one print job...then it happens the same again for that job. Obviously this is a complete hassle.

I would like specific and definitive instructions not on how to now get WINDOWS to work "normally"...so that when a print job successfully prints and is done, the queue for that printer shows as empty, and so more print jobs can be sent.

If this were a very intermittent occasional problem it might be tolerable. But it happens EVERY TIME with EVERY PRINTER.

Help!

Tom-Con, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 print jobs disappear

I followed all these steps.

The print jobs still disappear.

Stephen999999, Sep 26, 2018
  4. HairyFool Win User

print job still in queue

When printing the job completes and is ejected as normal. Subsequent print jobs do not print.

Checking the queue I find the successful job is still shown as "printing" so the subsequent jobs are stuck in the queue.

Cancelling or deleting the job does not work. It switches to "Deleting" but does not clear.

HP Officejet 7500

HairyFool, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Your Print Job Is Waiting By Other Job? - Similar Threads - Print Job Waiting

2. Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Completed print jobs remain in print queue with the status 'sent to printer': We have a Windows Server 2012 R@ Datacenter 64-bit and as a part we installed print server services. After a successful print the job remains in the print queue with the status of Sent to Printer. I can manually delete the print job from the queue or stop the print...
  3. How I can detect a waiting printer job? - make a web-request on print

in Windows 10 Customization
    How I can detect a waiting printer job? - make a web-request on print: Hello, I have a (private - not office) network printer. When I print (and the printer is offline) Windows tell me in notification: Printer is offline So I have to stand up. Walk to printer. And wait up to 3 minutes, until it's printing. Now my idea: I use a...
  4. Printing queue block my peinting job

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing queue block my peinting job: I've cancelled all printing documents in printing queue, but it does not response at all, it still exist there and block my printing of other document, really angry, how to settle it? although I've troubleshoot my printer many times, but that deleting document is still in...
  5. Separator Page between print jobs is not welcome

Separator Page between print jobs is not welcome: How do I get rid of the "separator/summary:" page that prints between my print jobs? It really wastes my good paper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/separator-page-between-print-jobs-is-not-welcome/f6e82afa-9a74-432a-828a-4f7f87e29e45
  6. Cannot start print job

Cannot start print job: I can't get the calendar to print out. It has a message saying "Cannot start print job". I finally did get it to print but it only printed a few squares, not the entire calendar. I'm about ready to pull out my hair in frustration.....
  7. Windows 10 print jobs disappear on officejet Hp8610

Windows 10 print jobs disappear on officejet Hp8610: Windows 10 print jobs disappear on officejet Hp8610, have reinstalled software and deleted spool files and restarted print spooler....
  8. Print job stuck in queue

Print job stuck in queue: I have a print job in my printer queue that I cannot get out. I tried printing a website from Microsoft Edge and it is stuck there since. I have tried clearing out the printer spooler as instructed here. But there are no files in my win32\spool\printer folder. Some more...
  9. How to Run a Periodic Print Job?

How to Run a Periodic Print Job?: I have a Canon Pro-100 photo printer. Many users recommend running a printer nozzle check before 60 hours elapse after printing anything to minimise the head cleaning cycles. Otherwise, the printer will run a cleaning cycle when you next send a print job. Running a periodic...
  10. Canon MG7750 print job launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Canon MG7750 print job launch: have bought a Canon MG7750 printer. Unlike any printer I have previously owned, this Canon has to switched on manually every time I start a printing job or session. I want the print job to launch from inside the App I may be using, MS Office for example. If I fail to switch...