Windows 10: Your router isn't as fast as you think it is. Here's why

Discus and support Your router isn't as fast as you think it is. Here's why in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Let's cut to the chase: Wired network connections will always be faster, more secure and more reliable than wireless. For your tablet and phone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Borg 386, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Your router isn't as fast as you think it is. Here's why

You think that new router will make your Wi-Fi super fast? No so fast buddy! - CNET

:)

Borg 386, Feb 1, 2017

2. Probably not as bad as I think it is

Thank you, the SFC didn't find anything wrong.

BryceApollo, Feb 1, 2017
  3. Probably not as bad as I think it is

Well my drivers are up-to-date and the problem hasn't happened since I posted the thread so I think I'm fine, thank you though.

BryceApollo, Feb 1, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

actually most of that's pretty well known

Wifi is usually - or almost always HALF duplex - while LAN operates (or can) in full duplex mode - so for starters even if the rated speed is the same for wifi and LAN, the LAN connection will give much better throughput -- especially if being used for both SEND and RECEIVE.

As I've also found out some cheaper domestic routers will actually slow LAN down on all ports to the speed of the slowest device - so it's not always a good idea to put things like smart TV's on LAN connections if you also have a NAS on a LAN.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Your router isn't as fast as you think it is. Here's why - Similar Threads - router isn't fast

2. something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. Click here to set you PIN"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. Click here to set you PIN": Hi my cousin got a problem with her PIN it says"something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. Click here to set you PIN"she can't even the "set your PIN" button she also cannot turn off her computer how am I supposed to do? Please help...
  3. something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. Click here to set you PIN"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. Click here to set you PIN": Hi my cousin got a problem with her PIN it says"something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. Click here to set you PIN"she can't even the "set your PIN" button she also cannot turn off her computer how am I supposed to do? Please help...
  4. why not report the news? your content is 5% news and 95% "what do you think ****". your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why not report the news? your content is 5% news and 95% "what do you think ****". your...: why not report the news? your content is 5% news and 95% "what do you think ****". your content is absolute ****. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-not-report-the-news-your-content-is-5-news-and/a89d51f8-1435-4e2d-a38a-6845e911dbca
  5. why not report the news? your content is 5% news and 95% "what do you think ****". your...

why not report the news? your content is 5% news and 95% "what do you think ****". your...: why not report the news? your content is 5% news and 95% "what do you think ****". your content is absolute ****. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-not-report-the-news-your-content-is-5-news-and/a89d51f8-1435-4e2d-a38a-6845e911dbca
  6. Windows 11 isn't what it's cracked up to be. Here's why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 isn't what it's cracked up to be. Here's why: There's still a lot wrong with Windows 11, and yet it was offered to me anyway. Here are some of the problems I've encountered, since my update only days ago.1. Displays keep connecting, and disconnecting. This happened in Windows 10, but that was due to a problem with the...
  7. Windows 11 isn't what it's cracked up to be. Here's why

Windows 11 isn't what it's cracked up to be. Here's why: There's still a lot wrong with Windows 11, and yet it was offered to me anyway. Here are some of the problems I've encountered, since my update only days ago.1. Displays keep connecting, and disconnecting. This happened in Windows 10, but that was due to a problem with the...
  8. What do you think about this ARP attack log in my router?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you think about this ARP attack log in my router?: Hi! I looked today into the log section of my router, and I found some strange listing about some sort of ARP attack. I didn't know who are these source IP addresses come from. They are unknown to me. Should I take any action? Thanks. 177398
  9. Your organisation needs you to change your passcode and computer still thinks it's...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your organisation needs you to change your passcode and computer still thinks it's...: Hello I've found out a while ago my computer had connected to my school network since I logged in with my school account in ms Teams. Since then all the problems have started. Some problems I have: Windows asks me to change my passcode telling me 'my organisation' needs...
  10. Why isn't your time based on after you hit 'Play"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't your time based on after you hit 'Play": I have read that supposedly your time is recorded when you are playing the games. I was playing tonight and an ad popped up so I did some chores around the house. Checked my time before I continued and it was correct at 54:39; when I finished the next game and rechecked...