Windows 10: "Your start menu isnt working" issue.. already tried a bunch of things

Discus and support "Your start menu isnt working" issue.. already tried a bunch of things in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having some issues with my machine. It might be bad sectors on my system drive although ssd pro life says its 100%. Any way after a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by americanu197, Feb 1, 2019.

1. "Your start menu isnt working" issue.. already tried a bunch of things

I am having some issues with my machine.
    It might be bad sectors on my system drive although ssd pro life says its 100%.
    Any way after a bunch of restarts my system is stable but some files got corrupted.
    Start menu interface and few other related things aren't working.
    sfc /scannow could find nothing wrong
    I got the somewhat old debug package from microsoft for this issue but that couldnt fix anything either, said that start menu tile db is corrupt and something else i cant remember
    I tried inserting my windows disk and maybe fixing components with the disk but i get the same repair options i get in the normal boot screen and none of those help either.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

americanu197, Feb 1, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Start Menu - 10061 issues

Anyone know any fixes for these? I know a WU is "in the works", but is there a temp fix? No mail. No MSN sports (installs but not shown). Whole bunch of quirky things. Feel like the Start Menu took a giant step backward! Nice to be able to re-size and have/have not transparency, but gee.... Lots of things that used to work went bye-bye. Sad.

"Your start menu isnt working" issue.. already tried a bunch of things [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Feb 1, 2019
  3. #VSingh Win User
    Start menu is not working on Windows 10

I have tried till the troubleshooter and got this

"Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly.

Now how do install these applications

#VSingh, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

"Your start menu isnt working" issue.. already tried a bunch of things

Windows 10 Start menu issue

Ive always had issues with the start menu. Pin to start sometimes doesn't work. Now I cant move the icons. And the right click menu sticks. If I do manage to move one it disappears on to reappear later.
    Love 10 other than that. Whats the deal? I would like to organize my icons. Ive tried tablet mode too

Another thing it does when I first restart its bright. Then if I try to move something it dims

Jetster, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

"Your start menu isnt working" issue.. already tried a bunch of things

1. "Your start menu isnt working" issue.. already tried a bunch of things - Similar Threads - start menu isnt

2. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd thing on windows start menu: I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?...
  3. Odd thing on windows start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd thing on windows start menu: I was going to shut down my computer when I noticed these two things at the top of the start menu. Create a cookbook and get the latest forecast. They are not there after I have restarted the computer. Are these normal or a sign of a virus?...
  4. Your Phone service isnt working

Your Phone service isnt working: Hi i want to use the Windows 10 Your Phone Service but when i go to Link your phone it says in Yellow "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization" Windows 10 Build 1909 Thanks in advance...
  5. start menu isnt working,

start menu isnt working,: when i click on the start menu i receive this note Critical Error Your start menu isnt working.we'll try to fix it the next time you sign in i have tried the sfc/scan only to be told Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. That means that...
  6. A bunch of things are not working properly on my pc, a bunch of corrupted files, DISM is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A bunch of things are not working properly on my pc, a bunch of corrupted files, DISM is...: I keep receiving this error when trying to use dism, I did sfc /scannow but it didn't find any problems.... please someone help me : This is the .log file https://we.tl/t-yaGVsvTohs [ATTACH]...
  7. WINDOWS KEY NOT WORKING - Already tried all thing on this forum

WINDOWS KEY NOT WORKING - Already tried all thing on this forum: My windows key simply stoped working Now when I try to use WIN+ "something" it selects the icon with the letter I press. Like I press WIN+Dto desktop it selects the icon with a letter D Already tried everything I seen in this forum about it nothing seem to work...
  8. menu isnt working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    menu isnt working: menu isnt working no appp opening up keep geting critical error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/menu-isnt-working/8cece32d-b9cf-4624-ae40-17aaa5f647dd
  9. Help with a bunch of login things

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with a bunch of login things: I have a new HP laptop and was trying to set up the free internet security offered through my internet provider. In the process I somehow set up the main admin account as someone else's email address. Now when I turn my computer on it comes up with an email address which...
  10. Cannot add things to the start menu... also search issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot add things to the start menu... also search issues.: I went to Start10 in the meantime but I think I would really like to use and configure the default.. it seems nice. however, when I try to pin things by dragging, I get this: (red circle with slash) Dropbox - 2015-08-02_14-41-44.png Dropbox - 2015-08-02_14-40-17.png...