Windows 10: Your store is a complete piece of **** and should not exist. Give users control? Nope, why...

Discus and support Your store is a complete piece of **** and should not exist. Give users control? Nope, why... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Why the hell does your store has to be so stupidly complicated... just look at ANY store or a client that allows you to purchase software or download... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by EarnestCircle08, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Your store is a complete piece of **** and should not exist. Give users control? Nope, why...

Why the hell does your store has to be so stupidly complicated...
    just look at ANY store or a client that allows you to purchase software or download it for free. Why can't your store just work?
    Why am I forced to install apps somewhere i don't want. Why can't I access those folders? It's my **** hard drive and my **** computer. Why the hell you feel the need to restrict my access to it? When I make myself an owner of those folders with complete control, those apps no longer show up as installed aps and even if I try to run them I get stuck on the splash screen of whatever software I'm using. Something as simple as Itunes is completely broken just because of your "need" to incorporate in your stupid store... Installing, or "getting" anything is 50% chance it's gonna completely **** itself and just stop working alltogether. BTW what is the difference? why are there both options to GET app or INSTALL app... I don't see the reason... Having shortcut to desktop? Can't do that without using the RUN dialog and opening a folder with all those apps - folder is ofc not accesible from file explorer becasue why the **** would it be. And even if you manage to get a shortcut, the icon is just a black box with teeny tiny little logo in the middle. Also, why can't you have just one folder called WindowsStore or something.. why there are 4 different folders located on EACH drive I had an app installed? I like my hdd organized, you keep making it a mess with creating folders WHERE THEY SHOULD NOT BE and this keeps screwing up with my backups to NAS. Why do you need to deprive your users of control over their own hardware or software? I am curious if windows store is something you are serious about, or if it's just an experiment, how much can you make your users suffer without losing them.

The person or the team of people that is responsible for there windows store.. policies? no, let's not call it policies, let's call it the right name - ****.. These people should be looking at other stores to see how to do things, because this is just unbelievable and really frustrating.
    Windows store, windows updates, hell.. WINDOWS 10.. is just a serious piece of **** that makes me wanna shoot myself in the face, YET i am stuck using it because win7 won't work on my new hardware and using linux is not an option on a PC that a kid uses for gaming. God I hope you will find a way to your "old ways of doing things" because windows used to be quite a good OS and the long term servicing brach without all the **** you bundle into windows was just amazing. And everything worked fine... I would say that the main problem with everything I said is the lack of user control and your attemps to strip it away.

:)

EarnestCircle08, Feb 28, 2021

2. Store is completely broken, WINDOWS/WinStore does not exist

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I request you to run the inbuilt app troubleshooter.

Follow the steps:

• Press “Windows” + “X” and select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting and select View all on left hand side of the screen.

• Select the App and follow the instruction to troubleshoot.

Method 2:

Reset the Store.

I request you to follow the steps below to reset the Windows store:

• Press the “Win Logo” + “R”

• Type: WSReset.exe and press “Enter”.

• Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:

You may try to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Start menu and then click on Settings.

• Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and press Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 28, 2021
  3. Store is completely broken, WINDOWS/WinStore does not exist

The new user account doesn't not have the issue. With that noted, how do I use it to fix my main admin user account I have all my files, software and settings in?

MsSwiftFarrow, Feb 28, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Your store is a complete piece of **** and should not exist. Give users control? Nope, why...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Your store is a complete piece of **** and should not exist. Give users control? Nope, why... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Your store is a complete piece of **** and should not exist. Give users control? Nope, why...

1. Your store is a complete piece of **** and should not exist. Give users control? Nope, why... - Similar Threads - store complete piece

2. i need little help how to remove eye control from complete it a worthless piece of crap !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need little help how to remove eye control from complete it a worthless piece of crap !: i need little help how to remove eye app control from computer forever , tanx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-little-help-how-to-remove-eye-control-from/942534d5-3ca5-4a92-95d9-6218d7f8c9c2
  3. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 A PIECE OF ****???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHY IS WINDOWS 10 A PIECE OF ****???: DEAR WINDOWS 10 OS, WHY ARE YOU A PIECE OF ****??? DEAR MICROSOFT, WHY WON'T YOU FIX YOUR PIECE OF **** OPERATING SYSTEM??? EXPERIENCING THE SAME ISSUES ON 3 DIFFERENT LAPTOPS MEANS THAT YOU GUYS ARE THE ISSUSE. I'VE REALIZED THAT NO AMOUNT OF MONEY SPENT ON A GOOD LAPTOP IS...
  4. Microsoft gives users control over their voice clips

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft gives users control over their voice clips: [ATTACH] Photo courtesy of Getty Images. Microsoft is rolling out updates to its user consent experience for voice data to give customers more meaningful control over whether their voice data is used to improve products, the company announced Friday. These updates let...
  5. Why is Onedrive still a piece of ****?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Onedrive still a piece of ****?: So instead of having Dropbox, Google Drive, icloud and Onedrive I decided to just choose one....... 1tb came with my Office subscription so i picked Onedrive. 1 month later.....what an utter piece of ****! I got syncing errors up the wazoo ALL the time....it tells me to...
  6. Why You Should Overclock Your RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why You Should Overclock Your RAM: Why You Should Overclock Your RAM (It’s Easy!) I did not know that you could do this. Does anyone here routinely do this with their hardware? 140619
  7. How to COMPLETELY turn off User Account Control...?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to COMPLETELY turn off User Account Control...?: Hello, We have two users on one of our Win 10 systems. One account is a regular user, and the other is an Administrator. Right now, when I log onto the Admin account, User Account Control displays at the bottom of the slider (and that is what I want.) But when I log...
  8. Microsoft .. Your 'APP STORE' is the worst piece of crap since Vista.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft .. Your 'APP STORE' is the worst piece of crap since Vista.: Now that I have been FORCED by you to install and store a program, in this case, iTunes, on a hard drive that I did not choose nor want the program installed on .. it seems that every time there now an update to iTunes via the APP STORE / Microsoft Store it breaks the...
  9. Sharing a single folder gives complete access to C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing a single folder gives complete access to C:\Users: I have two computers on my network, a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10 1803. Attempting to share a single folder always forces the entirety of C:\Users to be shared with the network. The other computer is able to access every folder and file contained within...
  10. Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook

in Windows 10 News
    Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook: As part of Data Privacy Day, we’re introducing a new education campaign to help you understand how data is used on Facebook and how you can manage your own data. We’re also announcing plans to make your core privacy settings easier to find, and sharing our privacy principles...