Windows 10: Your "TIPS" page says "this link needs to be opened with an application" and it asks me to...

Discus and support Your "TIPS" page says "this link needs to be opened with an application" and it asks me to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Im on you microsoft tips page and every time I try to open anything a window opens called "Launch application" and says "this link needs to be opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bongo02, Jul 6, 2019.

1. bongo02 Win User

Your "TIPS" page says "this link needs to be opened with an application" and it asks me to...

Im on you microsoft tips page and every time I try to open anything a window opens called "Launch application" and says "this link needs to be opened with an application" and it asks me to choose an application! I'm just trying to view recomended t-shooting on how to keep my PC healthy, because it is sick and tons of things are wrong with it. For one my start menu stopped working!! Yes it doesnt work.

So what application must I open to veiw anything on your tips page?? heres the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home

I had to sign in using an email that I dont have because it wouldnt take the email address I used the last time I was here. PLEASE SEND IT TO

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

or

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO

it doesnt exist. Why do you make this so impossible? I am wasting my time asking for help because no one is going to help me

:)

bongo02, Jul 6, 2019

2. Links in Windows 10 e-mail won't open. When I click on a link, it says "application not found".

Hi Ronald,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing your Email account? Is it through browser or any application?
    • If through app, which app are you using?
    • Is this issue specific to any link? Did you using different links?
    • Which is the default browser set on your Computer?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to change your default browser to other browser like IE or Edge and check if this helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps and change the browser under web browser.
    Kindly get back to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 6, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Your "TIPS" page says "this link needs to be opened with an application" and it asks me to...

"Open link in new tab" opens a new tab but also replaces the page I was on

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Internet Explorer. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• When you say that "Whenever I click open link in new tab", are you referring of opening link in the new tab or clicking on link in a particular page to open in new tab?
    • When you say that "the link opens in a new tab but also in the page I'm on", is the link opens in the new tab near to the open websites?

I suggest you to send the screenshot of the issue in the next post.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Your "TIPS" page says "this link needs to be opened with an application" and it asks me to...

1. Your "TIPS" page says "this link needs to be opened with an application" and it asks me to... - Similar Threads - TIPS page says

2. File Explorer asking me to open a new application to compress a file into zip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer asking me to open a new application to compress a file into zip: I'm having an issue where when I want to compress a file into zip in file explorer, it's asking me to open another application. Why is this happening? Doesn't File Explorer have the ability to zip a file for you as it does with unzipping? Please help....
  3. File Explorer asking me to open a new application to compress a file into zip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer asking me to open a new application to compress a file into zip: I'm having an issue where when I want to compress a file into zip in file explorer, it's asking me to open another application. Why is this happening? Doesn't File Explorer have the ability to zip a file for you as it does with unzipping? Please help....
  4. File Explorer asking me to open a new application to compress a file into zip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. A Tip in Using the Applications Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Tip in Using the Applications Window: Yes, one can initiate the wonderful, terrific, fantastic, Applications window by shell:AppsFolder in Run. BUT if you have Recent items showing in Jumplists, then it will be there on the File Explorer jumplist. So, obviously, it can be opened from there... no need to bother...
  6. Ask which browser to open a link with. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ask which browser to open a link with. Is it possible?: Hi, on Windows 10 I'm using several browsers at the same time. When I open a link from my E-Mail Software, it will open it in the default browser. Can I somehow make Windows ask every time what browser my link should be opened with? submitted by /u/AlarakAkbar [link]...
  7. Needing to ask for permission on essential applications

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Needing to ask for permission on essential applications: Hello everyone! I am a child using Microsoft Family settings. Recently, I have been discovering Microsoft Family Features being kinda annoying.[ATTACH] As you can tell, this isn't very helpful. Is there a way for Microsoft to blacklist essential applications. Thoughts?...
  8. When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on.: When I click a link in a page the link opens behind the page I clicked on. I then have to minimise the page I am working on to see the page I have opened, then minimise this page to return to the original page. This is very frustrating. I am using Windows 10 home version...
  9. No applicable device linked to your Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No applicable device linked to your Microsoft account: I am currently trying to install Disney+. I have a windows 10 and it is linked to microsoft on every app i have that can be linked to Microsoft but it still says i dont have an applicable device linked to my Microsoft account. Ive double checked and tried at least a dozen...
  10. Page that says: Your connection is not private

in Browsers and Email
    Page that says: Your connection is not private: This is happening on only one site, The Wig Company.I have been trying to reach the site since yesterday afternoon on both Chrome and Firefox. See screenshots for what I get. I have Googled and so far I have not found anything satisfactory. I know this site is legit; have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this link needs to be opened with an app

2. this link needs to be opened with an applicaton

3. this link needs to be opened with an application slack

4. this link needs to be opened with an app slack