Windows 10: Your update has wiped or deleted all my files

Discus and support Your update has wiped or deleted all my files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A forced update on my PC yesterday e.g. it started updating without me being home let alone anywhere near my PC, has wiped all of my files including my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KateWild, Jan 10, 2019.

1. KateWild Win User

Your update has wiped or deleted all my files

A forced update on my PC yesterday e.g. it started updating without me being home let alone anywhere near my PC, has wiped all of my files including my new novel. I have no back up, I chose not to put my IP into the cloud but on my home PC. I did not agree to the update. How do I get all my files back, at minimum my novel?

At the same time it has wiped all mpasswords and I can no longer access my father's health care accounts which is critical to his health.

I am trying not to panic as I can not comprehend Microsoft would decimate records on my PC without my approval so please tell me how I can my NOVEL and access to vital health care information back?

If I did this in my job I wouldn't have a job so please help.

Kate

:)

KateWild, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jan 10, 2019
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Jan 10, 2019
  4. rk3066 Win User

Deleting the "SoftwareDistribution" Files

I noticed that "Depending on your HDD Space and you made sure your Updated on Windows 7" that you can delete all the Files "Going into Safe-Mode of course" but i saw a .Txt File that shows the Updates you've installed "That i deleted by mistake" but by deleting that File i saw the updates needed to be installed again but i knew weren't true.

So yeah what ya' think? Should this be a good idea? I saw that over 3GB worth of files!

rk3066, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Your update has wiped or deleted all my files - Similar Threads - update has wiped

2. Windows update has reset my setup and deleted all files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update has reset my setup and deleted all files: I have been casually using my laptop when I decided to restart with pending update. After the update, all my files and settings are gone. This happened second time in two weeks....
  3. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  4. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  5. wiped all my files

6. computer wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer wiped all my files: Hi,I'm here to ask a serious problem. I got a computer which is 4 years old now, its a bit laggy but still performing well. Earlier I'm using it to do my homework but it hang up, so I restarted it. After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting...
  7. computer wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer wiped all my files: Hi,I'm here to ask a serious problem. I got a computer which is 4 years old now, its a bit laggy but still performing well. Earlier I'm using it to do my homework but it hang up, so I restarted it. After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting...
  8. computer wiped all my files

9. Update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update deleted all my files: Hi, I went to turn my computer on, and my computer began to install updates. When it finally finished, all of my files were deleted. Everything. I tried to restore it, but there is no restore point data either. How do I get all my information back? Thanks! Caitlyn...
  10. Latest Update has wiped all files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update has wiped all files: After doing latest update on closing my desktop it seems all files have been wiped. After signing in I just get a black screen with only recycle bin on it and 1 or 2 on the taskbar at bottom of screen that don't do anything. Is there anyway to solve this have tried going back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft update has wiped all files from my laptop. help

2. windows 10 update has wiped all my files

3. microsoft update wiped my files

4. windows 2020 update wiped out all of my files,
  5. windows update today has lost all my files,
  6. windows 10 update wiped all files,
  7. my windows update deleted my files,
  8. my laptop has installed a new version and wiped all my files,
  9. windows update erase all my files,
  10. will 1909 update will delete all the recycle bin,
  11. windows update lost all files,