Windows 10: Your update killed my audio drivers

Discus and support Your update killed my audio drivers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my laptop and suddenly no sound. I looked at the volume slider and it said "no audio devices are installed." I went around asking people for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PhoenixGamer36, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Your update killed my audio drivers

I updated my laptop and suddenly no sound. I looked at the volume slider and it said "no audio devices are installed." I went around asking people for help until one guy said that the latest windows update messed with Intel audio drivers. Can you guys tell me how to fix this, or at the very least, fix it in the next Windows update?

:)

PhoenixGamer36, Oct 14, 2018

2. Headphone jack kills audio drivers

Hi,

Thank you for the update on the issue.

This could be if the drivers get corrupted or not installed properly. This could also be if the audio service is not running.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• If dependency services are not running.
    • Corrupt audio drivers.

Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Let's run Audio Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a) Press the ‘Windows + W’ key on the keyboard.

b) Type troubleshooter in the search box
    and then press enter.

c) Click hardware and sound and click on ‘Playing Audio’.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to check if the audio dependency services are started and their
    Startup Type is set to Automatic.

a. Press Windows Key +R.

b. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.

c. Scroll down through the list and find the following services.

Plug and Play

Multimedia Class Scheduler

Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

d. Double-click on the services one by one and check if the services are
    started and startup type is automatic.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Your update killed my audio drivers

New Win10 update killed my audio

Since you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver of your audio card, we suggest you to follow the steps below to check if the speaker has been set as default in the Playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the right bottom of the desktop.
    • Click on Playback devices to see a list of devices connected to the system.
    • If it is not listed, it is possible that the device has been disabled because of the update. Right click and select
      Show Disabled Devices.
    • If your device is listed after this, right click on the speaker and select
      enable
    • Right click on the speaker and click Set as Default option present at the bottom of the same window.

If the issue persists, you can try to roll back driver if it is available in the options. To rollback the driver, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.

If the Roll Back Driver is not available, you may try to install an older version of your audio driver from the Manufacturer's website. You need to uninstall first all the devices for Sound, video and game controllers under the Device Manager (HD Audio Device
    and NVIDIA Audio Device) before reinstalling the driver.

Let us know the status of the issue so we can assist you more.

Eric Ber, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Your update killed my audio drivers

1. Your update killed my audio drivers - Similar Threads - update killed audio

2. Cummilative Update Killed My Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cummilative Update Killed My Audio: On 4/29/23 I was using my Zenbook Pro Duo-i9 Windows11 for video editing and everything was perfectly fine.The following day 4/30/23 I went to use my Zenbook Pro Duo again but performed a cummilative update. After that I lost audio from the internal speakers. If I plug in...
  3. Cummilative Update Killed My Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cummilative Update Killed My Audio: On 4/29/23 I was using my Zenbook Pro Duo-i9 Windows11 for video editing and everything was perfectly fine.The following day 4/30/23 I went to use my Zenbook Pro Duo again but performed a cummilative update. After that I lost audio from the internal speakers. If I plug in...
  4. your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop: Your latest update for windows11 home crashed my hard drive and and I cannot open my os now. Only have a loop between the Automatic Repair and bluescreen for Watchdog popup Error...
  5. Why are your updates killing my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are your updates killing my computer?: i have updated my hp elitebook revolve 810 G1 a couple off times now since i aquired it. sadly once updated it keeps developing new issues every time. so much i have already reset it twice. so please do tell why your updated keep killing my computer!...
  6. KB5003173 Killed my audio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5003173 Killed my audio: This morning when I logged onto my pc, there was a red X over my speaker icon next to the clock in the tray.This must have happened sometime on 5/15 as on 5/14 there was no issue.I checked my Sound control panel and found that there are no Output/Playback or Input/Recording...
  7. Realtek Audio Drivers Killed My Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Drivers Killed My Sound: Basically i bought a second hand laptop Dell Inspirion 13 7352 which had this neat thing that whenever you plugged your headphones in it you could choose what to do with. It was the realtek audio drivers. Than i wiped the laptop clean and it became faster but i lost the audio...
  8. latest update killed my audio

latest update killed my audio: [ATTACH] just updated my pc the my audio got lost i have tried almost every solution realtek audio its not showing up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-killed-my-audio/e7c3e052-4edc-49c6-b4b6-020e98f0946b
  9. Windows 10 Update Killed my Audio - Help ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Killed my Audio - Help ?: Newest windows 10 update killed my speakers/microphone Rolling back to a previous install is not an option , as I will lose too much info/software changes.I've tried manually updating drivers through Device Manager, I've downloaded drivers from Toshiba, Intel and gone back...
  10. Windows Updates killed my Audio

Windows Updates killed my Audio: I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Method 1: Lets run Audio Troubleshooter and check if it helps. a) Press the ‘Windows W’ key on the keyboard. b) Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter. c) Click hardware and sound and click on ‘Playing Audio’. Method 2: If the