Windows 10: your updates are bad and you should feel bad

Discus and support your updates are bad and you should feel bad in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, i just wanted to put it out there that i had my computer on sleep and went to do something for a bit while i had photoshop and an unsaved file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pleaseperish, Sep 15, 2018.

1. your updates are bad and you should feel bad

hi, i just wanted to put it out there that i had my computer on sleep and went to do something for a bit while i had photoshop and an unsaved file open. then my garbage, terrible os started updating. i woke it from sleep, and it was on my lock screen except it wouldn't let me in because it was preparing my update, and then my computer proceeds to restart itself. making me lose all my files.

so in conclusion, the fact that i can't bar my computer from forcing updates on me at the worst possible time is the worst thing ever, and i am convinced you have monkeys with single digit iqs in whichever department thought this was a good idea.

:)

pleaseperish, Sep 15, 2018
  2. NikBatch Win User

Nokia: bad software, bad support, bad system, bad, bad, bad!

Nokia: bad software, bad support, bad system, bad, bad, bad!

NikBatch, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Jarrstin Win User
    Bad Trader

My bad, that's a typo. It's C0 stepping.

Jarrstin, Sep 15, 2018
  4. your updates are bad and you should feel bad

HDD Bad Sector

Hi Nataniel!

I am not sure what your question is exactly, but one thing I'd recommend for sure will be to look for a replacement drive since there is already a bad sector on your current one.

Basically there are two kinds of bad sectors - hardware and software:

• Hardware ones are caused by physical damage or becoming magnetically fixed, and they are unrepairable. In short, once they appear it's only a matter of time (no way to say how long) until the HDD fails.
    • Software bad sectors on the other hand occur when something called an Error Correction Code (ECC) doesn't match the contents of the hard drive. These can be repaired by overwriting the data on the drive with zeroes (a.k.a. low level formatting) and sometimes
      by running a **chkdsk [write the letter of the drive:] /r** in the CMD.

As for getting the information from the drive if one of the partitions fail, most likely you won't be able to, which is why I'd suggest to make a regular backup of your most important data.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

MightyMiro_WD, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

your updates are bad and you should feel bad

1. your updates are bad and you should feel bad - Similar Threads - updates are bad

2. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  3. Should you update this in your computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should you update this in your computer?: do you need to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-you-update-this-in-your-computer/1285d2c5-3b4c-4260-8b5b-b452dbf3f03a
  4. is this bad? I feel like this is bad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is this bad? I feel like this is bad: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JwildbeastPS4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ugef7q/is_this_bad_i_feel_like_this_is_bad/
  5. Bad update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bad update: the update of 12/11/2020 slowed down my computer so that it takes seconds to respond to the start function or drives plugged into usb. restore to the previous update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-update/382539b5-2c67-4ff2-ad2f-f523bfccb436
  6. A good but A BAD update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A good but A BAD update: Hi!Yesterday I updated my windows from Win7 to Win10.When i opened windows explorer I saw that my disk D: is missing..I tryed to update the drivers or search for it in Disk Management but i can t find it. I opened the command prompt and type diskpart..Here i search for my...
  7. Bad Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad Update: I Get no Response on Feedback Hub So here is my Problem, Your 11/24 update to windows 10 Keeps shutting off my SMB Client so I keep loosing my shared computers in my home, Today alone win has Updated and shut it off at least 10 times and I have had to fix it 10 times. This...
  8. Bad Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Windows Update: Ever since the latest update, I have Ghost Bubbles that keep appearing and taking over my computer. This did not happen Prior to the Latest update. I also no longer have an option to turn OFF my Touchpad, no matter what I do, and I have done Many things trying to fix it....
  9. Bad Window Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad Window Update: I updated to the newest version of windows and now everything is big and sometimes blurry and the games I used to play just fine on my earlier windows now are very laggy and blurry as well and do not work well....
  10. Bad updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bad updates: I read this from an email I got this morning and as I have not been home for three months I am wondering if I am going to fall foul of something similar when I get back home and fire those machines up....