Windows 10: "Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" error

Discus and support "Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I recently tried to install windows 10 on my iMac (installed directly from my windows 8.1 bootcamp partition). It took a very very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nster, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Nster Win User

"Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" error

Hi Guys,

I recently tried to install windows 10 on my iMac (installed directly from my windows 8.1 bootcamp partition).

It took a very very long time to install, and when finished my monitor would flicker on and off every few seconds. When I typed in my password to log on, it took about 15 minutes to show me my desktop.

Then it presented the error message (exact quote, no commission of information) "Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" with the only option being "OK".

When ever I tried to click a button (such as the start button, search button etc), the computer would automatically lock, and then restart (all while the screen is flickering on and off).

The edits I made to the registry in windows 8 were:
    1. editing "border padding" to minimise the borders around applications
    2. installing glass8/areoglass (which gives the window borders some transparency like in win7). I assume this edited the registry to provide this effect.

I tried to make a recovery drive to fix the problem, but the "fix problems with startup" won't work, and it won't allow me to revert to a previous build of windows, or even repair the os (by deleting all my files and reinstalling windows) as the drive is "locked".

I have a file history backup of all my files, and I can still access everything from windows 10 (program files, program files 86x etc) on OS X (I just can't delete any of them, but can save them).

What can I do now?

Obviously I would prefer to just fix the problem, if there is any way to do so (keeping all my files and programs)

I have accepted that I may have to delete everything, but am trying to avoid re-installing everything again as I would have to install My OEM copy of windows 7, install Bootcamp drivers, install my upgrade to windows 8, install bootcamp drivers, upgrade to windows 8.1, and then upgrade to windows 10 (which would take over 2 full days).

Sorry for the long post, and if you could shine any light on this situation, it would be so greatly appreciated!

Thanks heaps for reading this, and thanks in advanced for all replies!

:)

Nster, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Junix200 Win User

"Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" error, causing unresponsive Windows 10. Help!

I also have the same problem. Every time I restart my pc this message pops up

"Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!"

This only started after I upgraded from 8.1 to 10

I am using an HP AIO pc

Please help.

Junix200, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Snapafun Win User
    "Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" error, causing unresponsive Windows 10. Help!

Have I got this wrong? You don't have a charms bar in Windows 10. No need then?

Oh yeah. The above fixed my "Your Windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!"

Thanx

Snapafun, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

"Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" error

1. "Your windows 8 Registry has been altered, please fix it!" error - Similar Threads - Registry has been

2. Do not alter this registry key FSIASleepTimeInMs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do not alter this registry key FSIASleepTimeInMs: Never remove alter or touch this registry Key.Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer"FSIASleepTimeInMs"=dword:0000ea60 its actually set to 60000.i was messing around found out this registry key turns off Windows defender/ Ransomware...
  3. Has a simple fix been developed for "your account is managed."

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has a simple fix been developed for "your account is managed.": Just started using Edge. Have "Your account is managed" message. Has a simple fix been developed? Do I need Firefox? I deleted google for this. Is my pc, no work, no domains, retired browsing old man. I am the only person using computer. Need fix in layman's language, please....
  4. The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened: Hello to everyone. At the beginning I'd installed windows 10 with the legacy BIOS-MBR boot mode,but since I needed a Windows 10 installation that was able to boot using the EFI partition style,I have converted the partition scheme from MBR to UEFI with a tool and after this...
  5. This app has been blocked for your protection error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app has been blocked for your protection error: Hello, when I am trying to launch one game I get the following error screen : "This app has been blocked for your protection An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.For more information,contact the administrator." I guarantee with 100 % , that the game is...
  6. This app has been blocked for your protection error

in Windows 10 Support
    This app has been blocked for your protection error: Hello, when I am trying to launch one game I get the following error screen : "This app has been blocked for your protection An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.For more information,contact the administrator." I guarantee with 100 % , that the game is...
  7. "This app has been blocked for your protection" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "This app has been blocked for your protection" error: When I try to launch one game , I get the following screen : "This app has been blocked for your protection". If I disable the UAC , I can play the game,but I would like to know how to have UAC enabled and play the game at the same time? submitted by /u/reddit_samsung...
  8. ‘Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator’

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    ‘Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator’: I can’t get into my laptop as whenever I try to sign in that text keeps coming up, I’ve tried making a new account from CMD and logging in to that, I have tried to get in through a SAM file but the message keeps coming back up. Btw, I deleted my primary account and I am...
  9. Your account has been disabled, Please see your system administrator

in Windows 10 News
    Your account has been disabled, Please see your system administrator: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are not able to log into your user account and you see a message – Your account has been disabled, Please see your system administrator on Windows 10/8/7, follow this solution. You won’t be able to access your [...] This post Your account has been...
  10. Administrator - Your account has been disabled. Please see your sys...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator - Your account has been disabled. Please see your sys...: I was booting into safe mode after my own admin account was accidentally changed to a normal user and the message saying "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator." and the only thing I can interact with is the OK button. I can't do anything else...