Windows 10: Your windows license will expire soon

Discus and support Your windows license will expire soon in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys, I keep getting the "your windows license will expire soon" popup in the Win 10 anniversary update. I disabled Windows License Manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Calin, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Calin Win User

Your windows license will expire soon

Hey guys,
    I keep getting the "your windows license will expire soon" popup in the Win 10 anniversary update. I disabled Windows License Manager and Windows Update in services.msc and did the slmmgr rearm thingy in CMD. Initially it kept popping up every minute or so. Now it only pops up twice in a row, when I log into Windows.
    Any ideas on what to do? All I can find seems to be for the original Windows 10, not the anniversary update.
    Thanks.

:)

Calin, Sep 10, 2016

2. Your windows license will expire soon

Did you buy the PC from another person, from a company that used it before, from a retail outlet like Best Buy or Staples, or from the PC's manufacturer, like HP or Acer? The error ou see occurs only if the copy of Windows was installed as part of a corporation's
    volume license which, in a retail setting, would make it illegal.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Sep 10, 2016
  3. neilpzz Win User
    "Your Windows license will expire soon."

The screenshot shows your licence is a KMS licence normally used by businesses. This is incorrect for a single user at home. You say Microsoft upgraded your system, how did this happen. In a previous post you mention going to Pro.

If you purchased the device from a retailer with Windows 10 installed then that is the edition and type you have a licence for and not what you currently have installed. A factory reset/recovery or a clean install of the correct edition is what you need
    now. All data will be removed from the device so be sure you backup your personal files.

neilpzz, Sep 10, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

This usually happens when a key is a volume licence key and pc cannot contact the company server to remain active.

Run slmgr /dlv from an admin command prompt and post image (data is not confidential).

cereberus, Sep 11, 2016
  5. Calin Win User
    Your windows license will expire soon [​IMG]

Calin, Sep 11, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    This confirms my suspicion. You have a volume licence key. These are not supposed to be sold to general public. Basically a scam.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Your windows license will expire soon - Similar Threads - license expire soon

2. Your windows license will expire soon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your windows license will expire soon: I have been using my Windows 10Pro since September 2019, and all was fine until "Your Windows License Will Expire Soon" started to appear yesterday.The company I bought the laptop from are no longer trading.Through checking settings, and under Activation it states: Windows is...
  3. Your windows license will expire soon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your windows license will expire soon: I have been using my Windows 10Pro since September 2019, and all was fine until "Your Windows License Will Expire Soon" started to appear yesterday.The company I bought the laptop from are no longer trading.Through checking settings, and under Activation it states: Windows is...
  4. Your Windows License will expire soon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Windows License will expire soon: Hi, I got my laptop 4 years ago and sent it to a shop for a factory reset earlier this year I wasn't able to run admin since the first user forgot their password. Now this prompt is appearing and I fear I'll lose access to my laptop, Its the only one I have for school works....
  5. "Your Windows license will expire soon"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Your Windows license will expire soon": I activated Windows over 1 year ago and is still activated as of now. However for some reason popups start appearing everywhere telling me this message: "Your Windows license will expire soon You need to activate Windows in Settings" I click Go to Settings, it says...
  6. “YOUR WINDOWS LICENSE WILL EXPIRE SOON”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “YOUR WINDOWS LICENSE WILL EXPIRE SOON”: This is the prompt I’m getting every time I boot up. It’s a second hand PC so I don’t have the original key. Any help would be appreciated on how 1) is this malware 2) if not, easiest way to resolve issue. submitted by /u/-SickDuck [link] [comments]...
  7. your windows license will expire soon

your windows license will expire soon: your windows license will expire soon i traid everything how can I meak this go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-license-will-expire-soon/1e77be33-1590-441f-8758-718d6a97a314"
  8. ‘Your windows license will expire soon

‘Your windows license will expire soon: They said that I need to activate my windows in settings, while my windows are permanent. What I meant by permanent is that it is fully updated, not a trial....
  9. Your windows license will expire soon...

Your windows license will expire soon...: As stated in the title, it looks like my activated windows license will expire. After the last update I keep getting the error I tried the same old stuff with slgmr -rearm , the services.msc thing everything ....
  10. your windows license will expire soon

your windows license will expire soon: i need help with this problem, how do i actually make my license activate through the organization's activation service [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-license-will-expire-soon/7b1dcde5-e744-4470-ab2f-11cc1fed0b81"