Windows 10: "Your Windows License Will Expiring Soon." from secondhand laptop.

Discus and support "Your Windows License Will Expiring Soon." from secondhand laptop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. So, late this afternoon I started getting the "Your Windows License Will Expire Soon" (See Screenshots.) on a laptop I got off of Craigslist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScammedDerp, Sep 14, 2018.

1. "Your Windows License Will Expiring Soon." from secondhand laptop.

Hello.

So, late this afternoon I started getting the "Your Windows License Will Expire Soon" (See Screenshots.) on a laptop I got off of Craigslist about three or four months ago. After doing some research on what exactly was happening, I ran into several posts that pretty much replicated my problem. It appears that I was either scammed or unknowingly sold a laptop with a Volume License Key (KMS?), which was confirmed with Produkey and the command prompt's slmgr /xpr, along with all of the keys/ID's showing up all over the internet.

Throughout the research, it was stated several times that I would have to purchase a new Windows 10. While I understand that this is a entirely buyer-beware situation, isn't it a little unfair to force people into buying a license even after they've spent the money on the said product? Granted, it's my fault for not looking further into the product itself, but it just seems like Windows/MS should (and could, given how disgustingly rich they are.) be a bit more lenient in this regard. Anyhow, I understand that I'll more than likely be paying for a new genuine key either. So, I have a few questions:

I read on one of these threads that the OS/PC starts to slowly lock you out, is this true? If so (which seems kind of ridiculous, if it is.), how long do I have?

Given the price difference, I'll likely buy Windows 10 Home on a Disc/DVD from Amazon instead of Pro, so what are the steps I should take in this regard? Will Windows 10 Home override (for lack of better word) and install over/replace the pro? Or do I have to uninstall Windows 10 Pro somehow? Do I have to do something entirely different? I'm not the most tech-savvy in this department, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you to any and all who can help me out.

"Your Windows License Will Expiring Soon." from secondhand laptop. 7a68735f-d02f-494e-91d4-070dfc622e37?upload=true.jpg

"Your Windows License Will Expiring Soon." from secondhand laptop. 7a29c10d-e13a-4eb3-b602-2355c9744032?upload=true.jpg

"Your Windows License Will Expiring Soon." from secondhand laptop. 996221fa-5785-42a3-8d6e-34bec6851466?upload=true.jpg

:)

ScammedDerp, Sep 14, 2018

2. Your windows license will expire soon

Hello Team,

I have a windows 10 OS which has come with the laptop and it's licensed.

Every now and then and particularly after restart i am getting an error pop-up "Your windows license will expire soon" .

Please help me fix this.

Steps already taken:

executed "slmgr -rearm" cmd from admin cmd prompt.

Thanks

Jonaid

Jonaid Sayed, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 14, 2018
  4. "Your Windows License Will Expiring Soon." from secondhand laptop.

License expiring soon

Hi! I have almost the same problem. Bought laptop 2 yeas ago with preinstalled Windows 10 Pro. Now I keep getting a pop-up window that tells me that my Windows license will expire soon. What do I do?

SamadMirzayev, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

"Your Windows License Will Expiring Soon." from secondhand laptop.

1. "Your Windows License Will Expiring Soon." from secondhand laptop. - Similar Threads - License Expiring Soon

2. Your windows license will expire soon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your windows license will expire soon: I have been using my Windows 10Pro since September 2019, and all was fine until "Your Windows License Will Expire Soon" started to appear yesterday.The company I bought the laptop from are no longer trading.Through checking settings, and under Activation it states: Windows is...
  3. Your windows license will expire soon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your windows license will expire soon: I have been using my Windows 10Pro since September 2019, and all was fine until "Your Windows License Will Expire Soon" started to appear yesterday.The company I bought the laptop from are no longer trading.Through checking settings, and under Activation it states: Windows is...
  4. Your Windows License will expire soon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Windows License will expire soon: Hi, I got my laptop 4 years ago and sent it to a shop for a factory reset earlier this year I wasn't able to run admin since the first user forgot their password. Now this prompt is appearing and I fear I'll lose access to my laptop, Its the only one I have for school works....
  5. "Your Windows license will expire soon"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Your Windows license will expire soon": I activated Windows over 1 year ago and is still activated as of now. However for some reason popups start appearing everywhere telling me this message: "Your Windows license will expire soon You need to activate Windows in Settings" I click Go to Settings, it says...
  6. “YOUR WINDOWS LICENSE WILL EXPIRE SOON”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “YOUR WINDOWS LICENSE WILL EXPIRE SOON”: This is the prompt I’m getting every time I boot up. It’s a second hand PC so I don’t have the original key. Any help would be appreciated on how 1) is this malware 2) if not, easiest way to resolve issue. submitted by /u/-SickDuck [link] [comments]...
  7. your windows license will expire soon

your windows license will expire soon: your windows license will expire soon i traid everything how can I meak this go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-license-will-expire-soon/1e77be33-1590-441f-8758-718d6a97a314"
  8. ‘Your windows license will expire soon

‘Your windows license will expire soon: They said that I need to activate my windows in settings, while my windows are permanent. What I meant by permanent is that it is fully updated, not a trial....
  9. Your windows license will expire soon...

Your windows license will expire soon...: As stated in the title, it looks like my activated windows license will expire. After the last update I keep getting the error I tried the same old stuff with slgmr -rearm , the services.msc thing everything ....
  10. your windows license will expire soon

your windows license will expire soon: i need help with this problem, how do i actually make my license activate through the organization's activation service [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-windows-license-will-expire-soon/7b1dcde5-e744-4470-ab2f-11cc1fed0b81"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is activated using your organisation buyer beware