Windows 10: You're about to be logged off. Windows Will shut down in one minute.

Discus and support You're about to be logged off. Windows Will shut down in one minute. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep getting this error message on my brand new Windows 10 laptop. It's random. I have no malware on my machine (I run Malwarebytes and generally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aleek102, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Aleek102 Win User

You're about to be logged off. Windows Will shut down in one minute.

I keep getting this error message on my brand new Windows 10 laptop. It's random. I have no malware on my machine (I run Malwarebytes and generally stay off of websites that I don't know). And I already turned off automatic restart on my start up and recovery settings. I checked the event viewer and this was logged just before I was forced to restart.

"Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2120-09-30T17:33:20Z. Reason: RulesEngine." Don't know if that helps or means anything.

Any help is appreciated thank you.

:)

Aleek102, Oct 24, 2020

2. You are about to be logged off - Windows will shut down in 1 minute

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check whether the automatic restart option is disabled or not as below.

• Press “Windows+X” and go to “Control Panel”.
    • Click on “System and Security” and click on “System”.
    • On the left hand side click on “Advanced system settings”.
    • Click on “Advanced” tab, then under “Startup and Recovery” click on “Settings”.
    • Under “System Failure” uncheck the option “Automatically Restart”.
    • Then click on “ok” and check whether the issue persist or not.

Also, I suggest you to check whether any task has been schedule for automatic restart as below.

• In the search box type as “Task Scheduler”.
    • Under “Task Scheduler summary” you can find any task has been created or not.
    • If any task has been created then I suggest you to remove it and check if the issue persist or not.

To determine what is causing the issue, I suggest you to check the event logs in the event viewer logs to know more about the issue.

Try the following steps to access Event Viewer:

• Press 'Windows key + R' simultaneously on your keyboard to bring the run dialog box.
    • Type ‘eventvwr’ (without quotes) and press ‘OK’.
    • Expand ‘Windows Logs’ on the left pane and look for the error logs under Application and System.
    • Copy the information and post it here so that we can analyze it.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 shuts down after logging in 3 -5 minutes.

Hi Joseph,

In order to help you with your concern about your Windows 10 automatically shutting down after a few minutes, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 24, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. You're about to be logged off. Windows Will shut down in one minute. - Similar Threads - You're logged off

2. Hi Why does my laptop say "You're about to be signed out Windows will shut down in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi Why does my laptop say "You're about to be signed out Windows will shut down in...: Why does my laptop say "You're about to be signed out Windows will shut down in less than a minute and then restart" ? What is the solution to this problem?...
  3. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!: Help!!! You're about to be signed out!!!!Windows will shut down in 1 minute!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-shut-down-in-1-minute/61479a10-0dd4-4e92-afdd-50ea3b7d8bc2
  4. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!: Help!!! You're about to be signed out!!!!Windows will shut down in 1 minute!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-shut-down-in-1-minute/61479a10-0dd4-4e92-afdd-50ea3b7d8bc2
  5. Windows will shut down in 1 minute!!

6. You're about to be signed out. The system is shutting down because a configured scan task...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You're about to be signed out. The system is shutting down because a configured scan task...: Hi,Getting this message about 10 minutes after signing in. How do I prevent this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youre-about-to-be-signed-out-the-system-is/6bd86239-8ef0-4f5b-b238-d1acf97866c2
  7. You're about to be signed out. The system is shutting down because a configured scan task...

You're about to be signed out. The system is shutting down because a configured scan task...: Hi,Getting this message about 10 minutes after signing in. How do I prevent this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youre-about-to-be-signed-out-the-system-is/6bd86239-8ef0-4f5b-b238-d1acf97866c2
  8. "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute": Why am I getting this message? It happens several times a week and it's very frustrating. My computer has shut down while I am in class, and it's ridiculous that there is no option to postpone the shutdown. I'm using Windows 10 , and my Windows version is 20H2. Automatic...
  9. computer shuts down about every 5-7 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer shuts down about every 5-7 minutes: I have Windows 10 Pro and last year this happened and now it is happening again. It shuts down every 5-7 minutes all by itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-about-every-5-7-minutes/079f5970-0d01-4a0c-a4e3-ec6ef354445e
  10. PC won't log off when shut down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC won't log off when shut down: I have multiple PC's in my house, and the only one that has this problem is a family PC that my children use that has an administrator account. No matter what I do with settings per user, when I turn the PC on it automatically logs into my administrator account. This is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your pc will shut down in 1 minute