Windows 10: You're About to be signed out - Disabling message

Discus and support You're About to be signed out - Disabling message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good Afternoon,I've been doing a bit of a deep dive in to finding a solution for disabling the below message, I've seen tutorials in regards to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AaronAtkinsonVIT, Jul 25, 2022.

1. You're About to be signed out - Disabling message

Good Afternoon,I've been doing a bit of a deep dive in to finding a solution for disabling the below message, I've seen tutorials in regards to disabling it via privacy options e,g, Accounts > Sign-in options > privacy but I don't have this toggle option, maybe our "GPO's" somehow disabling it.Just wondering if anybody knows the registry key to turn it off or what GPO im looking for to turn it off?Any help is much appreciated.

:)

AaronAtkinsonVIT, Jul 25, 2022

2. Best method to disable Vista/Vista 64 driver signing?

Black Ice:

It's not a matter of "try". The bcdedit command is not fully consistent and reliable for some folks.

So far, to me, it seems the third choice always locks (disables) the driver signing. If that is the case for anyone who uses it, then that would suggest it is the more reliable and consistent method of the ones I've listed, anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

crchickadee, Jul 25, 2022
  3. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 25, 2022
  4. jimhoyle Win User

You're About to be signed out - Disabling message

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jul 25, 2022
Thema:

You're About to be signed out - Disabling message

1. You're About to be signed out - Disabling message - Similar Threads - You're signed Disabling

2. "You're about to be signed out" Is there a way to disable this pop up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "You're about to be signed out" Is there a way to disable this pop up?: set a manual timer to shutdown, but I dont want this pop up 10minutes before shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youre-about-to-be-signed-out-is-there-a-way-to/ba3548d3-1fe9-402d-82be-b8eacc2bb24c
  3. "You're about to be signed out" Is there a way to disable this pop up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You're about to be signed out" Is there a way to disable this pop up?: set a manual timer to shutdown, but I dont want this pop up 10minutes before shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youre-about-to-be-signed-out-is-there-a-way-to/ba3548d3-1fe9-402d-82be-b8eacc2bb24c
  4. "You're about to be signed out" Is there a way to disable this pop up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. You're About to be signed out - Disabling message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You're About to be signed out - Disabling message: Good Afternoon,I've been doing a bit of a deep dive in to finding a solution for disabling the below message, I've seen tutorials in regards to disabling it via privacy options e,g, Accounts > Sign-in options > privacy but I don't have this toggle option, maybe our "GPO's"...
  6. You're About to be signed out - Disabling message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You're About to be signed out - Disabling message: Good Afternoon,I've been doing a bit of a deep dive in to finding a solution for disabling the below message, I've seen tutorials in regards to disabling it via privacy options e,g, Accounts > Sign-in options > privacy but I don't have this toggle option, maybe our "GPO's"...
  7. "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute": Why am I getting this message? It happens several times a week and it's very frustrating. My computer has shut down while I am in class, and it's ridiculous that there is no option to postpone the shutdown. I'm using Windows 10 , and my Windows version is 20H2. Automatic...
  8. "You're about to be signed out."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "You're about to be signed out.": Hey all. For about awhile I've been getting these prompts from Windows about once a week where it pops up "You're about to be signed out" and it signs me out 1 minute later to restart the PC. Usually I would figure this was a setting that needed to be fixed but I've been...
  9. Keep getting the message "You're about to be signed out"

Keep getting the message "You're about to be signed out": Whenever I try to login .It takes me to safe mode and I keep getting the same message "You're about to be signed out, Windows will shut down in less than a minute" This happens immediately when I login so I can't make any changes. Also troubleshooting options like startup...
  10. You're about to be signed out

You're about to be signed out: [IMG] Hello, do you know how to solve this error message? After this error my laptop shut downs. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youre-about-to-be-signed-out/68fa2bb9-423b-44ee-ae7c-2c09758545ee