Windows 10: You're not safe offline: Router LED lights can steal your data

Discus and support You're not safe offline: Router LED lights can steal your data in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Have to admit, there are some creative exploits out there....*Rolleyes A system which is air-gapped is generally considered safe from intrusion... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

You're not safe offline: Router LED lights can steal your data

Have to admit, there are some creative exploits out there....*Rolleyes

You're not safe offline: Router LED lights can steal your data | ZDNet

Borg 386, Jun 15, 2017
  2. lx07 Win User

Yeah right. This must be the worst hack ever.

Luckily I keep my router in a closed drawer with the lights disabled then.

That'll stop anyone spying on my flashing lights - even if they do sneak a hidden camera in to look at them *Smile

:)

3. Windows pc trouble connecting to Internet

"Internet green button on router stops flashing and turns red. This happens like once every 2 days and lasts for say 30 mins."

If it is the "Internet" LED light that stopped flashing and turned red, it is not a Windows 10 issue. It could be the router or the ISP's (Intermittent connection issue).

Or if you mean, "LAN" LED light that turned red, then check your ethernet cable, or reinstall the network adapter's driver.

Cheers!

6a27b4c8-cc35-41ee-877a-d2e6419f87ca, Jun 15, 2017
  4. You're not safe offline: Router LED lights can steal your data

Windows pc trouble connecting to Internet

Based on my experience, yes, it is the router or the connection between your router and your ISP. This is due to the fact that the "internet" LED light is the one that turns red. It indicates that the internet connection drops, and your computer has nothing
    to do with it.

You may try resetting your router/modem.

6a27b4c8-cc35-41ee-877a-d2e6419f87ca, Jun 15, 2017
  5. bobad Win User
    Can the neuralizer be far behind?

bobad, Jun 18, 2017
  6. JohnBurns Win User
    Sounds like a challenge for manufacturers of routers...Linksys, NetGear, Asus, TP-Link, etc. Time to get busy, guys!

JohnBurns, Jun 18, 2017
  7. no1yak Win User
    It's OK, just cover your router in tin foil.

no1yak, Jun 19, 2017
  8. Samuria Win User

Another new exploit is e fags plug it into PC to charge and bang malware what next

Samuria, Jun 19, 2017
  9. no1yak Win User
    Once again the scare monger's are at it. With the release of Vault 7, it seems that everything has gone to hell in a hand cart. Personally I'm sick to death with all this so called scaremongering. If anyone is that paranoid then flog your PC and retire to the Antarctic.

no1yak, Jun 19, 2017
  10. Wow, that's interesting. I just decoded my blinks and it just keeps saying "all your base are belong to us" over and over again? *Confused

*Tongue *chuckle

alphanumeric, Jun 19, 2017
  11. cereberus Win User
    Wow up 1000 bits/sec = 0.125 KB/s (or 1 KB/S if you have 8 LEDS). Hackers would die of old age before they had uploaded anything serious - LOL.

cereberus, Jun 19, 2017
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    My new router has 12 leds ...LoL

OldMike65, Jun 19, 2017
  13. no1yak Win User

Hey, don't worry. Captain Kirk is in charge, your router is safe.Beam me up Scottie.

no1yak, Jun 19, 2017
  14. I can turn off the lights on mine but no one can see it but me.

Josey Wales, Jun 19, 2017
  15. My Netgear router allows me to turn them off so I can sleep in the dark and not worry what they are trying to say.

alkaufmann, Jun 19, 2017
Thema:

1. You're not safe offline: Router LED lights can steal your data - Similar Threads - You're safe offline

2. Debug led lights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Debug led lights: Debug leds CPU and RAMDebug lights cpu and ramHey everyone. So I’ve just finished building my pc, and when I went to boot it up the motherboard showed the cpu and ram debug light, and I get no signal on my monitor the dp is connected to gpu. But after waiting a few mins 2-3...
  3. Debug led lights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Debug led lights: Debug leds CPU and RAMDebug lights cpu and ramHey everyone. So I’ve just finished building my pc, and when I went to boot it up the motherboard showed the cpu and ram debug light, and I get no signal on my monitor the dp is connected to gpu. But after waiting a few mins 2-3...
  4. Debug led lights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Debug led lights

6. Annoying You're Offline Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying You're Offline Notification: I keep getting this "You're Offline" notification and I know I'm offline, I haven't been able to pay my Wifi but it still gives me access to everything but online gaming, I'm still able to stream. But I just really want this notification gone so I can watch stuff in peace. Is...
  7. Annoying You're Offline Notification

Annoying You're Offline Notification: I keep getting this "You're Offline" notification and I know I'm offline, I haven't been able to pay my Wifi but it still gives me access to everything but online gaming, I'm still able to stream. But I just really want this notification gone so I can watch stuff in peace. Is...
  8. Can Trojans Steal My Data?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Trojans Steal My Data?: I had very confidential files in my itunes backup on my PC but was not encrypted. Now when i scan my PC I found some trojans available. I google about the trojan and found that they can steal our files. Have they steal my itunes backup too? I am worried. What is the chance...
  9. One drive stealing data

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One drive stealing data: So i reinstalled windows 10 to clean my pc, i reconfigured all my pc again to what i like and one of those things is disable one drive cloud storage, i literally disabled everyting from one cloud but didnt uninstalled it, and guess what? it started to upload some very...
  10. GPU LED lighting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU LED lighting: Help! My pc is newly build and working fine but it seems i can't turn on my gpu led lighting. My card is asus strix gtx 1070ti.