Windows 10: "You're not up to date, Your device is missing important security and quality fixes"

Discus and support "You're not up to date, Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I have been dealing with this issue for about 2 months now and it is really starting to bother me. I cannot seem to find a working fix for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kaleb Schmottlach, Jun 19, 2021.

1. "You're not up to date, Your device is missing important security and quality fixes"

Hello,I have been dealing with this issue for about 2 months now and it is really starting to bother me. I cannot seem to find a working fix for this problem. While searching for a solution, I've tried manually installing the May 2021 windows 10 update as well as using the create windows 10 media tool, but to no avail. Both of these methods came back with the same error code of 0xc1900101 0x30017. After reading up on this error, it was suggested that I do a clean boot which I did and rerun the update. Doing so showed no different results as I am still missing " important security and quality

:)

Kaleb Schmottlach, Jun 19, 2021

2. "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."

Hello,

Please refer suggestions provided here:

[FIX] Your Device Is At Risk Because It's Out Of Date And Missing Important Security And Quality Updates

Let me know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Tyler815 Win User
    Your device is missing important security and quality fixes problem

Thank you. Below are screen shots from Hard Disk Sentinel, as well as Crystal Disk, which is what I normally use for checking disk health.

"You're not up to date, Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" [​IMG]

"You're not up to date, Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" [​IMG]

I see now about the ISO file now. I can just run it in Windows Explorer and then click on the Setup.exe file inside the ISO file to run it, correct?

At this point I am wondering if I should take any other steps first before running the ISO file and doing the install?

I will of course make a drive image first using Acronis before running it though.

Thanks again.

Tyler815, Jun 19, 2021
  4. popymoose Win User

"You're not up to date, Your device is missing important security and quality fixes"

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

popymoose, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

"You're not up to date, Your device is missing important security and quality fixes"

1. "You're not up to date, Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" - Similar Threads - You're date device

2. your device is missing important security and quality fixes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    your device is missing important security and quality fixes: your device is missing important security and quality fixes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/30a3f051-6170-4aad-9246-0ab4c57d5846
  3. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: I'm just trying to update my windows, but it keeps showing "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/81f12cb1-73af-4eb8-95bf-55d16f65271b
  4. Message, "You're not up to date, Your device is missing important security and quality...

Message, "You're not up to date, Your device is missing important security and quality...: HiWhen updating windows I always get the message, "You're not up to date", followed by "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". There is no error code.I have tried everything that I can think of including:- updated all the drivers including the Bios-...
  5. "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."

"Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.": When I go into settings it says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes," but when I check for updates there aren't any for me to get. I got two new updates a couple days ago, but even after that it still says it. How do I fix this?...
  6. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: Hi community, I am unable to update Windows - I get an error: There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: 0x80070002. Additionally I am...
  7. Your device is missing important security and quality fix

Your device is missing important security and quality fix: Cannot update the window and got the following error, 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4549951 - Error 0x80073701 already follow the advice of DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow...
  8. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: This morning I have got an error icon on the right side of the start bar saying 'My computer might be missing an important update.' And When I tried to update my windows, I am repeatedly getting an error 0x80070424. How Can I update my windows?...
  9. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: Hi Microsoft Support, After upgrading Windows 10 v1709 to 1803, I have problem with updates. It give me error "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.". How to solve this? Why this is happened? Please test your updates before releasing them....
  10. your device is missing important security and quality fixes

your device is missing important security and quality fixes: Why am I getting this message, but no updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/9da79aee-b8a7-4b6f-8bad-37f2226479e0