Windows 10: You’re the Expert: Teach Cortana When to Connect You to Users

Discus and support You’re the Expert: Teach Cortana When to Connect You to Users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The best real life personal assistants do a few things really well, but for everything else, they rely on a team of experts to get things done. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

You’re the Expert: Teach Cortana When to Connect You to Users

Source: You're the Expert: Teach Cortana When to Connect You to Users | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Apr 6, 2016

2. can anyone teach how to connect the n95 8gb with pc?

Hi, can you explained in details what you were trying to do so that we can help?

davidyiong---01, Apr 6, 2016
  3. zeon2k Win User
    Improving Cortana command recognition

Hey Janet,

In regards to this issue, I have noticed that Cortana has quite a hard time with quite a few contact names, app names and other commands. For instance, I have tried asking her to write an email to a friend of mine from Japan, but no matter how I say Hiroki,
    she does not understand at all.

I have noticed in a lot of forums that people are asking for a way to teach Cortana how to pronounce certain app names or words. Is Microsoft planning on releasing a system like "teach Cortana" that will allow users to teach her how a user is pronouncing
    certain words? This does work with the "Hey Cortana" command, so it should be possible to do with other words and names.

Does the "phonetic pronunciation" option in the contact names have any impact on whether or not Cortana understands a name?

Thanks

Chris

zeon2k, Apr 6, 2016
Thema:

You’re the Expert: Teach Cortana When to Connect You to Users

1. You’re the Expert: Teach Cortana When to Connect You to Users - Similar Threads - You’re Expert Teach

2. what is the blue box called when you’re on your home screen when you right clack and drag...

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is the blue box called when you’re on your home screen when you right clack and drag...: please help i don’t know what it’s called. when i open my files it’s blue but when i’m on my home page it’s not blue just clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-blue-box-called-when-youre-on-your/dae52c94-368c-4a75-9e61-27b43d6332fc
  3. what is the blue box called when you’re on your home screen when you right clack and drag...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the blue box called when you’re on your home screen when you right clack and drag...: please help i don’t know what it’s called. when i open my files it’s blue but when i’m on my home page it’s not blue just clear https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-blue-box-called-when-youre-on-your/dae52c94-368c-4a75-9e61-27b43d6332fc
  4. what is the blue box called when you’re on your home screen when you right clack and drag...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I teach a class remotely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I teach a class remotely.: I teach a class remotely. The students are all in another location in a computer lab. For the class to begin I need a lab tech to turn on and connect the Zoom meeting but there are times that the Lab Tech is late and the class doesn't begin on time. Is there a system out...
  6. Not an expert!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not an expert!: I have a HP laptop that is connected automatically to an unknown network. The unknown net work has set up parental controls. Laptop,phones, Ruku, Xbox , everything! I need help! I already did F11 restart and found my system32 in my x drive. Needless to say it didn’t work....
  7. Connection issue when setup the Cortana

in Cortana
    Connection issue when setup the Cortana: My internet connection keeps dropping when I am trying to set up Cortana, anybody else have issues with this?[Original Title: Cortana] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-issue-when-setup-the-cortana/58eb5583-95b9-41c2-b565-9e402ed491fa
  8. No. K72359WW Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball Not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No. K72359WW Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball Not connecting: This Track Ball arrived today via extra charge Amazon shipping. Now I regret purchasing it because they say it cannot be connected through a hub. I have the little transmitter gizmo (dongle?) plugged into the front USB port. I have followed these instructions:...
  9. Windows 10 won’t disturb you with notifications when you’re watching movie

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 won’t disturb you with notifications when you’re watching movie: Microsoft is testing a new feature for Windows 10 that would disable the notifications when you’re watching a movie or reading something. Windows 10’s Spring 2019 update will improve the Focus Assist feature and add a new option to silence notifications when the system is in...
  10. ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost: I'm hoping some registry experts here can help. I have lost my Cortana settings. When I click the settings icon (3rd from the top on the left in the attached image), nothing happens. I may have become a bit overzealous in my attempts to disable Cortana, but now I have lost...