Windows 10: YourPhone only partly works

Discus and support YourPhone only partly works in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does YourPhone use Bluetooth for all its features? I ask because although I still have not got Bluetooth working (on but not connected) ---- another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Oct 9, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

YourPhone only partly works

Does YourPhone use Bluetooth for all its features? I ask because although I still have not got Bluetooth working (on but not connected) ---- another Thread) in YourPhone 3 out of the 4 features work, one does not. So I get Notifications, Messages and Photos (the latter is very poorly implemented compared to similar programs). But I cannot get Phone to work, having tried numerous times.

I had assumed that everything operated via Bluetooth so if one feature did not work due to BT failure, none would work. However, this seems not to be the case, but if Notifications etc do not depend on a working Bluetooth connection what else?

I

:)

clayto, Oct 9, 2020

2. My Moto G7 won't connect for calls in YourPhone

I have a MotoG7 Android phone. I have linked it to my Windows 10 Laptop (HP Z-Book) via YourPhone. This has been successful insofar as Notifications work, I can send and receive SMS, and see my photos.

I now want to be able to use it to make and receive calls, but I cannot get it to connect. It stays stuck on the following screen.

YourPhone only partly works 4b3d839c-e697-4a90-8776-6ad03247afac?upload=true.png

Yes, my phone is nearby and Bluetooth is on. If I turn off Bluetooth, or disconnect YourPhone, the message changes immediately to "We weren't able to connect to your phone".

My laptop is listed as a paired device by my phone, and vice-versa. I use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, both or which are working properly.

I've tried;

• disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth
    • forgetting and re-pairing my phone from my laptop, and vice versa
    • uninstalling and re-installing YourPhone on both my laptop and phone
    • unlinking and relinking my phone to my account
    • Turning it off and then on again (in other words restarting both laptop and phone)
    • All of the above (ie starting, as far as I can tell, from a clean sheet)
    As I've mentioned, the rest of YourPhone works perfectly, just calls.

Can anyone help?

RichardHubbard5, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 9, 2020
  4. clayto Win User

Bluetooth failure with YourPhone

I think I have got to the very last stage in getting YourPhone to work with my Android MINOTE 7 phone. It is Bluetooth failing to make the final connection. I think the settings on both devices are as they need to be. I keep trying, but I get a variety of negative responses. Both devices recognise each other. Whenever I boot the PC there is a popup on the phone saying Bluetooth connection request, click to connect. But on the PC YourPhone just keeps telling me to resend the notification. I have several Bluetooth apps on the phone. Some say they cannot find the PC, while others list it as being paired. I have occasionally got as far as being given a code to enter on the other device, but sometimes there is nowhere to enter it, or if there is the code is not accepted.

I know BT's reputation for not being reliable and difficult to set up, despite the years it has been in use, but this is the worst experience with it I have had. It did work for about a week some months ago. I use a couple of other similar apps (eg MightyText) mainly for text messaging, which rather shows up MS's inability to get their own app working reliably.

clayto, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. YourPhone only partly works - Similar Threads - YourPhone partly works

2. Headseat only working in ear part

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headseat only working in ear part: hello why does my headseat only work when i speak into the part where my ear goes i try to speak into the mic and it doesnt pick up nothing only works in ear part any way to fix this...
  3. Headseat only working in ear part

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headseat only working in ear part: hello why does my headseat only work when i speak into the part where my ear goes i try to speak into the mic and it doesnt pick up nothing only works in ear part any way to fix this...
  4. Headseat only working in ear part

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Only use a part of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only use a part of the screen: Dear community,I would like to take notes while doing Zoom conferences but I don‘t want others to see that I look somewhere else. Thus, it would be good to limit the screen to a part of the screen close to the webcam so that I do not need to drag the window there manually....
  6. Only use a part of the screen

Only use a part of the screen: Dear community,I would like to take notes while doing Zoom conferences but I don‘t want others to see that I look somewhere else. Thus, it would be good to limit the screen to a part of the screen close to the webcam so that I do not need to drag the window there manually....
  7. Your Phone only partly works

Your Phone only partly works: Does YourPhone use Bluetooth for all its features? I ask because although I still have not got Bluetooth working (on but not connected) ---- another Thread) in YourPhone 3 out of the 4 features work, one does not. So I get Notifications, Messages and Photos (the latter is...
  8. YourPhone App

YourPhone App: When I run the App it doesn't ask for the cell# of the unit in question. (Win 10 ) and a Samsung phone. Phone shows up under "Devices ". Just cant get them to sync up together. Worked last year with a different cell phone. Both apps are installed so not sure where to go...
  9. YourPhone app does not work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    YourPhone app does not work!: Ok, I give up! You Phone app is installed and says to Please open Your Phone Companion - Like to Windows and sign in with ( my email address ).... I am.... My phone Your Phone app is open and says Your phone and PC are linked. However..... The PC app just sits at...
  10. Edge "close all" only works part of the time.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge "close all" only works part of the time.: I have Win10 64-bit. When using Edge and opening a bunch of different tabs (in today's case, lots of searches on different sites for why this doesn't work) I click on the browser X in the top right corner. I get the box that asks CLOSE ALL or CANCEL. I do NOT have the ALWAYS...