Windows 10: YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak?

Discus and support YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I noticed yesterday that YourPhoneServer.exe is using excessive RAM, it appears to have a memory leak as the RAM use increases all the time. Also, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrianInEngland, Mar 10, 2021.

1. YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak?

I noticed yesterday that YourPhoneServer.exe is using excessive RAM, it appears to have a memory leak as the RAM use increases all the time.

Also, if I sign out of my PC or do a restart, I have to re-link the app for it to work again.

Last update of the app was March 6th

YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak? [​IMG]

:)

BrianInEngland, Mar 10, 2021

2. System and compressd memory - excessive RAM usage

I have recently been noticing excessive RAM usage by 'system and compressed memory'. It has been helped a little by deleting the last update KB3124200, and that seems to have helped.

This is happening on both my Surface 3 and Surface Pro 3. Any other ideas?

AshleyQuint, Mar 10, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Memory leak issue

The term "memory leak" means that an application fails to return all its RAM to the operating system when it exits. The leftover RAM is unusable to the operating system.

Step one is to identify the application that is leaking memory. Step two is to contact the application's developers and provide as much detailed data on the memory leak as you can. For example: which processes are still in RAM after the application exits
    and how much RAM they occupy. Application developers never want their applications to leak memory and they will be grateful for the details you provide, particularly if they can replicate the leak on their own computers.

BulldogXX, Mar 10, 2021
  4. comnuts Win User

YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak?

is this memory leak?

Hello RASHMIRANJAN1,

I'm an independent advisor and hope this would address your questions.

This is not a memory leak. A memory leak happens when a process or program failed to discard utilized memory when it is no longer in use. In that case, you would see a process or program consuming more and more memory over time.

I wouldn't be worried about the paged and non-paged pools as they aren't excessively large in size. The paged pool is used to store handles of kernel objects, so it is normal to have some usage there. And non-paged pool is used by kernel and drivers of the
    operating system, so it is also normal for some usage there.

comnuts, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak?

1. YourPhoneServer.exe - excessive RAM usage/memory leak? - Similar Threads - YourPhoneServer exe excessive

2. Excessive RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excessive RAM usage: Why CMD.exe uses a lot of RAM of my laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-ram-usage/dacef1e8-85fc-4bc5-b7da-eda5cde26715
  3. Memory Leak/Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Leak/Usage: HiJust by looking at the task manager I can see there is a high memory usage but I can't identify what program is consuming the memory. Is there another application that can help to identify what program is using excess ram? After restarting my memory usage goes back to...
  4. Memory Leak/Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Leak/Usage: HiJust by looking at the task manager I can see there is a high memory usage but I can't identify what program is consuming the memory. Is there another application that can help to identify what program is using excess ram? After restarting my memory usage goes back to...
  5. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  6. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  7. Memory Leak, 100% Usage!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory Leak, 100% Usage!: Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum or any forum to be exact however I could not find a working solution to my current problem that I have had for a couple of days now, see what's happening is that I have an incredibly large RAM usage for no known reason nonp -...
  8. Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Potential Memory Leak? Very high RAM usage: Recently my computer has basically become unusable. It is extremely slow. I looked at the task manager and saw that my PC is using 98% of its RAM, this is at the desktop where I am literally doing nothing and seems to happen every time I turn my PC on. As far as I am aware,...
  9. Memory leak (usage gradually increases)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak (usage gradually increases): Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have noticed something. The memory usage gradually increases over time (starts off just under 30%, takes only a few days to climb to 50%, depending on how many programs I use) and I inevitably have to reboot, after which the whole cycle...
  10. Memory leak ? icons and preview disapear, Ghost RAM usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Memory leak ? icons and preview disapear, Ghost RAM usage: Hi, Since upgrade to build 9879 i have an other big issue and if anyone can please help with it. I think it is memory leak, after some hours of use, i start to see weird things. Like icons and preview thumbnail are no more showing on task bar, when i click on start...