Windows 10: YouTube - (1) can this source contain a virus? (2) Would Defender block it

Discus and support YouTube - (1) can this source contain a virus? (2) Would Defender block it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was looking for a banjo/ukulele duet from a Western and Bing pointed me to YouTube. I used the site for probably the very first time and after a few... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Taffy087, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

YouTube - (1) can this source contain a virus? (2) Would Defender block it

I was looking for a banjo/ukulele duet from a Western and Bing pointed me to YouTube. I used the site for probably the very first time and after a few seconds of listening to the music the screen went black - but the music continued. The only way that I could exit YouTube was to switch off my laptop. Something that I would not normally do.

I ran MBAM and was relieved when it gave the all clear but it made me think - can YouTube contain a virus? If it can, would Defender spot it/block it?

:)

Taffy087, Sep 12, 2018

2. Pakistan Blocks YouTube

It seems that America and the United Kingdom aren't the only countries caught in a sudden desire to become authoritarian. Pakistan is blocking websites that they feel either will pervert their citizens culturally or politically. YouTube recently made the list for both reasons. There's plenty of sketchy X-rated material on the website, and it's cousin, X-tube. However, it's more likely than not that YouTube was blocked in Pakistan due to political footage. To be precise, someone managed to sneak proof of election fraud, in video form, onto YouTube. Pakistan obviously doesn't want anybody to see this, so they bury the video. When it comes bouncing back later, Pakistan got mad and completely blocked out the site.

Source: YouTube Blocked in Pakistan. Why? | ALL THINGS PAKISTAN

zekrahminator, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Sep 12, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Lots Of Daily Spam Emails

Yes, I do appreciate your feedback and help. You're helping suggest ways on blocking all that, which is Step 1; we gotta take the first step. But the way that I'm looking at it is why stay stuck in Step 1 instead of moving on to Step 2? Step 2 is having a response to all this. So Step 1 is to block the non-sense, then Step 2 is to take down the source, if you see what I mean. I wanna apply Step 2. Let's move forward in the whole process, yah? =)

Cool thanks Momma!

pepanee, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. YouTube - (1) can this source contain a virus? (2) Would Defender block it - Similar Threads - YouTube source contain

2. window 10 2023-05 Update contain virus - Automatically turn-on 1- "Snap Window" and 2. -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window 10 2023-05 Update contain virus - Automatically turn-on 1- "Snap Window" and 2. -...: ProblemAutomatically turn-on 1- "Snap Window" and 2. - "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen"1.Setting > Multitasking > Snap windows---> Will turn-on automatically after 3~5mins even you turned it off2 : Control Panel\Ease of...
  3. Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.: PUABundler:Win32/ICBundler blocked by microsoft defender, but not deleted. Is my computer safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-but-did-not-delete-virus/81d4e40d-77d9-4d15-b8e3-29fbd800b8be
  4. Windows Defender blocked by a virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender blocked by a virus: Hi! The past few days I just got a virus really don't know how it was a Trojan and it totally disabled my defender. Also sometimes my windows defender works sometimes not I just restarted my windows and it worked but 3 or 4 hours later it again disables itself. When it worked...
  5. Window defender says my code contains a virus.

Window defender says my code contains a virus.: #include <stdio.h> int mainvoid { printf"Hello world \n"; return 0; } https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-says-my-code-contains-a-virus/52c9e2da-5b3f-40e5-9ec5-1464c2b7533e
  6. By mistake allowed a virus blocked by defender

By mistake allowed a virus blocked by defender: Hi, I allowed a TROJAN:WIN32/OCCAMY.C virus blocked by windows defender. The notification now says THIS THREAT HAS BEEN ALLOWED, WILL NOT BE REMEDIATED IN FUTURE. Pls help so that I can set Defender to disallow this Trojan in future....
  7. 1 computer, 2 screen and double audio source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 computer, 2 screen and double audio source: Hi... So, here what I want to do: I have a PC connected with 2 monitors. I want to play 2 differents videos on which monitor and I want the sound to be reproduced on differents sources. I have a on-board audio from the motherboard and I also have a speaker on one of my...
  8. Would Windows Defender block installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Would Windows Defender block installation?: Version : Windows 10 Home 64bit When I install Firefox ver. 74.0b1 64bit under administrator account, it pops up "This application cannot execute on your PC" Would it cause by windows defender? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  9. Block Youtube

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Block Youtube: Hello, I want to know to block in my computer. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-youtube/a296f13e-24af-4297-ad5c-be5a6ba5c9fa
  10. Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked

Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked: I downloaded a file, and Windows Defender immediately popped up, saying a severe malware was found and quarantined, I deleted it. But, at first I didn't notice that the download itself contained the malware, so I downloaded it again (Who knew it can discover a malware while...