Windows 10: Youtube causes my laptop to stop responding

Discus and support Youtube causes my laptop to stop responding in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For some reason, whenever I exit fullscreen on youtube, my laptop stops responding, and I have to hold the power button to shut it down. How do I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by weird12, Apr 2, 2019.

1. weird12 Win User

Youtube causes my laptop to stop responding

For some reason, whenever I exit fullscreen on youtube, my laptop stops responding, and I have to hold the power button to shut it down. How do I fix this?

:)

weird12, Apr 2, 2019

2. "Nvlddmkm stopped responding" YouTube videos

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM,
    and video card problem.

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Steps to uninstall Graphic drivers.

• Press Windows key + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press
      Enter
    • In device manager go to
      display adapter
    • Right click and uninstall.
    After you uninstall the drives, I suggest you to reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturing website and check.

If the issue persists, Install the drivers in compatibility mode and check:

To install the drivers in compatibility mode, refer to the following steps.

a. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

b. Click the compatibility tab, tick the box next to
    Run this program in compatibility
    mode for and select Windows.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Games Stop Responding 5870 HELP!

try the card in another machine is all i can suggest now. If it works in that one but not urs then obviously the card is not compatible with your motherboard. Last resort is to tell Asus to go suck on donkey balls and get a different make of board

eidairaman1, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Earnestz Win User

"Nvlddmkm stopped responding" YouTube videos

I recently restored my system and reinstalled my Geforce Display drivers (they are all up-to-date, I use Geforce Experience). Using Microsoft Edge, I notice that high-definition YouTube videos stutter from time to time so that I have to reload the page.
    Sometimes during a video YouTube changes the player from HTML to Flash (which triggers similar stuttering). Today my pc went to sleep mode after I paused a Youtube video. When I woke it up a few hours later, the warning "the display driver
    nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has recovered" popped up.

I can still remember that when I first upgraded to Windows 10 I already had something similar happen to me (BSOD video_tdr_failure because of nvkddmkm.sys). That stopped when I reset the pc with the Windows restore "erase everything" function.

I read a lot about this online already and I have also taken a look at some of the posts on the Microsoft forums concerning this issue.

My question is: Should I use Driver Sweeper, as suggested by some, to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them? I am unsure about that as I fear it could damage my system. I also read that it could be related to the energy management settings. Or should
    I disable hardware acceleration?

Thank you for your help

Earnestz, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Youtube causes my laptop to stop responding - Similar Threads - Youtube causes laptop

2. Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.: When I try to open any folder in File Explorer, it causes it to freeze and do nothing. I usually have to close it using Task Manager. This is a new issue....
  3. Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Folders Cause File Explorer To Stop Responding.: When I try to open any folder in File Explorer, it causes it to freeze and do nothing. I usually have to close it using Task Manager. This is a new issue....
  4. Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.: I bought a new hp 245 g8 notebook laptop a month ago it's screen used to freeze a lot then I updated it from windows 10 to windows 11. Even after updating the laptop is too slow, even don't respond many times a day , it's screen freezes and keys and mouse doesn't work or...
  5. Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.

Laptop stops responding in between and screen freezes.: I bought a new hp 245 g8 notebook laptop a month ago it's screen used to freeze a lot then I updated it from windows 10 to windows 11. Even after updating the laptop is too slow, even don't respond many times a day , it's screen freezes and keys and mouse doesn't work or...
  6. My computer is stopping to respond.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stopping to respond.: Over the past couple of weeks, things have been changing on my windows 10 computer.My search bar stopped working, then the Microsoft store stopped responding, then all apps associated with the Microsoft store stopped responding and now Microsoft teams keeps crashing when I...
  7. My computer is stopping to respond.

My computer is stopping to respond.: Over the past couple of weeks, things have been changing on my windows 10 computer.My search bar stopped working, then the Microsoft store stopped responding, then all apps associated with the Microsoft store stopped responding and now Microsoft teams keeps crashing when I...
  8. My computer is stopping to respond.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. My keyboard and mouse stopped responding.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard and mouse stopped responding.: What is the procedure to get my keyboard and mouse to work again? I did something yesterday that I shouldn't have, and now I can't use either the keyboard or the mouse....
  10. Laptop stops responding to one machine only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop stops responding to one machine only: A very strange thing has just happened. Laptop A had been viewing Laptop B with no problem but then suddenly Laptop A could no longer see Laptop B at all. No ping response, no file view. However Laptop C and Linux A could both ping Laptop B. But, when I pinged Laptop A...