Windows 10: YouTube Crashes My Computer In Full Screen Mode

Discus and support YouTube Crashes My Computer In Full Screen Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After trying some things (that didn't work) that seemed like they would work I decided to ask for help. I have two monitors, a large 1080p one which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bradyc, Jun 16, 2016.

1. bradyc Win User

YouTube Crashes My Computer In Full Screen Mode

After trying some things (that didn't work) that seemed like they would work I decided to ask for help. I have two monitors, a large 1080p one which is plugged into my graphics card and a smaller 4:3 VGA monitor for secondary tasks that's plugged into my motherboard. Although I have not tested this issue with other video streaming services, it seems that YouTube (although it could be other services as well) will crash whenever I put a video in full screen mode on my larger (primary) monitor.

That being said, my computer will NOT crash when I use full screen mode on my smaller, secondary monitor.

My computer also does not crash while playing/using any games or programs in full screen, with the exception of WildStar (more on that later).

I have gone through device manager and searched for every update I could find for my devices, and I have also ran through GeForce Experience to update my video drivers as well, so none of my hardware is out of date.

I have tried disabling certain devices to see if there was an issue with those (I had gotten some new peripherals at the time) and it has not fixed the problem either.

I have ran a memtest through windows, and although most people say that memtest86 (or whatever it's called) is more reliable, I figured that since the windows memtest came clean, and an issue with RAM causing a blue screen just from YouTube, I decided that it would be extremely unlikely that RAM would be the issue since I can run pretty much every program I have just fine in full screen.

Like I said earlier, the only other thing I have a problem with is a BSOD with WildStar. I thought I would include this information because I have no idea if the attached file will have any sort of information dealing with the dump files caused by that game rather than YouTube. It would be interesting to know whether or not the crashing from WildStar and YouTube are caused by the same problem, because then I could kill two birds with one stone. *Smile

The only other option that I haven't tried yet for reasons I am willing to explain, is updating my BIOS. I have seen limited, but some information that tells me this could be a possible fix. A serious thank you to anyone willing to provide any help!

:)

bradyc, Jun 16, 2016

2. YouTube not playing in IE11

Update (to update) . . .

Well, I just made a little discovery.

It seems that the 'glitched screen' I mentioned in my previous message only occurs if:

I enter 'full-screen mode' from a *maximized* YouTube window.

If I command YouTube to enter 'full-screen mode' from a non-maximized window, then I see no glitch, and it looks the way I would expect it to look.

But understand, that just a few days ago, I had no problems whatsoever watching YouTube videos under *any* circumstances.

StanShankman, Jun 16, 2016
  3. putangina Win User
    Nokia N79 v31.0.101 Bugs/Fix/Errors (Please Post Them Here)

Major bug in v31.002. Youtube videos won't play in full screen mode.

putangina, Jun 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

The latest dump indicates a problem with ddkmd.sys.

Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ddkmd.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but syAmbols could not be loaded for ddkmd.sys Probably caused by : ddkmd.sys ( ddkmd+1192f )[/quote] This seems to belong to Osbase iDisplay software. Current installed driver is dated Tue Aug 11 14:23:52 2015.
    A newer version is available dated 5/23/2016, give it a try (from above link).

Ztruker, Jun 16, 2016
  5. bradyc Win User
    This seems to belong to Osbase iDisplay software. Current installed driver is dated Tue Aug 11 14:23:52 2015.
    A newer version is available dated 5/23/2016, give it a try (from above link).[/quote] Thank you for the response, do you by chance know where I can find the driver so I can uninstall it? I can't seem to locate it on my computer and the wizard will not let me continue without removing the current outdated driver.

bradyc, Jun 16, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Could also be from a Belinda USB to VGA adapter.
    Or OSBASE WDDM Software developed by OSBASE
    Or
    - Display Link

- Duet Display (link display iPad <-> PC)

- Twomon (link display iPad <-> PC)

- Other Display link Utillity

Ztruker, Jun 16, 2016
  7. bradyc Win User
    Aha! I have Duet Display installed on my computer. I haven't used it in a while so I will uninstall it. I also managed to update the driver, and I now get a new BSOD error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Any information that you can provide about this bluescreen would be beneficial while I also look up how to fix this issue. I'm glad I'm getting somewhere though, at least the error changed. I will uninstall Duet Display and report back.

bradyc, Jun 16, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Once you uninstall it, the driver will be gone so should not cause any more problems.

Ztruker, Jun 16, 2016
  9. bradyc Win User
    Sadly, after unintalling Duet Display, re plugging in my RAM, checking if Windows Defender is on, and updating some Windows updates as well as updating that display driver, the newer BSOD error still stands.Attachment 85505 There is an updated version of the log.

UPDATE: I tried completely uninstalling everything related to Nvidia and reinstalling everything, and I got another bluescreen, however, I am almost positive that it said the error was caused by ddkmd.sys instead of what it WAS being caused by (dxgkrnl.sys) but Blue Screen View says otherwise? All of the issues still stand as well, according to Blue Screen View.

bradyc, Jun 16, 2016
  10. bradyc Win User
    Should have bumped this to you.

bradyc, Jun 16, 2016
  11. bradyc Win User
    OKAY! So after performing a full system malware scan I was able to get rid of 1/3 of the errors I was dealing with, then I noticed that there were still some things left over from the OSBASE display driver. After completely ridding my computer of anything to do with any display driver that didn't belong to the default driver that runs my display, all of the errors are gone and I can finally run full screen again! For anyone dealing with this issue I suggest looking over your drivers for anything that doesn't look like your default drivers, as well as running a FULL malware scan (I used Malwarebytes) to rid anything off of your hard drive (In my case, I performed a custom scan for my SSD and 1TB Hard Drive).

bradyc, Jun 16, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Good work on your part.

How did you look over the drivers to determine what should be there and what should not be there?

Ztruker, Jun 17, 2016
  13. bradyc Win User

Well I remember when I built my computer, and I also remember (I could also just track) when I installed different hardware, so I looked through my drivers and found the ones that seemed more recent than the date that I set up the hardware that is paired with the driver. It was kinda a guess and check, but there were a couple of things I looked for when trying to find which drivers didn't need to be there, like if they were third party, if they had a website that seemed a little sketch, or if I didn't recognize the company.

bradyc, Jun 18, 2016
  14. akiddya Win User
    Hi people! I had a very similar problem. When trying to switch to full screen with various videoplayers I'd get a bsod on my windows 10 64 bit pro installation. After reviewing recently installed apps, chrome remote desktop seemed to have caused the issue and uninstalling it has solved the issue for me. Maybe this info will help someone!

akiddya, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. YouTube Crashes My Computer In Full Screen Mode - Similar Threads - YouTube Crashes Computer

2. Why is my computer crashing when making a YouTube video full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer crashing when making a YouTube video full screen?: As the title suggests, I have been encountering an issue that has gotten progressively more common, now to the point where it almost happens without fail. Whenever I make a YouTube video full screen, as soon as the UI fades out after not moving the cursor, my entire computer...
  3. Why is my computer crashing when making a YouTube video full screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer crashing when making a YouTube video full screen?: As the title suggests, I have been encountering an issue that has gotten progressively more common, now to the point where it almost happens without fail. Whenever I make a YouTube video full screen, as soon as the UI fades out after not moving the cursor, my entire computer...
  4. Full screen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full screen mode: When im playing fifa my windows randomly exits full screen mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-mode/86d6b229-11ed-4bd3-b518-c92a0dc90bc2
  5. Full screening youtube with touchscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full screening youtube with touchscreen: Is there anyway to fullscreen youtube in tablet mode like how you do on ipads. Where you pinch and it full screens. Or some other kind of gesture for it? submitted by /u/AmmarBatman [link] [comments]...
  6. BSoD when YouTube on full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD when YouTube on full screen: Hello, In the last time I had some Blues Screens with UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION error code. It is annoying But what did I noticed is that I receive BSoD when I was watching on YouTube on full screen mode. So it is probably a problem with some drivers. Another thing is...
  7. Windows 10 crashes with blue screen on Full Screen of youtube/word/ppt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 crashes with blue screen on Full Screen of youtube/word/ppt: Hello Everyone Windows 10 is crashing every time I full-screen youtube videos, word document or ppt. It's really really annoying. I see similar issues reported by different users from quite a long time in games perspective, but I don't see a clear and definitive...
  8. YouTube crashing my computer

in Windows 10 Support
    YouTube crashing my computer: I think the major culprit of my issues lately has been YouTube and why my computer freezes and hangs after I go on YouTube, it also produces beeping from the optical drive. And before you ask: no, nothing's wrong with my hard drive or devices. RAM is healthy as is my CPU and...
  9. Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen: I don't know why, but ever since this afternoon, Windows decides to crash complete whenever I'm a few minutes or so in watching a YouTube video. It doesn't do it playing intensive games like Grand Theft Auto 5 yet it decides to do it watching a YouTube video. How Windows...
  10. Full Screen Mode Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Full Screen Mode Question ?: Hi, Just can't seem to find the right key for this. Have a few programs that open up in the Full-Screen mode. What do I press to go back to the "normal" screen size, please ? Thanks, B. 47144