Windows 10: YouTube crashing my computer

Discus and support YouTube crashing my computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think the major culprit of my issues lately has been YouTube and why my computer freezes and hangs after I go on YouTube, it also produces beeping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BadMan125, Nov 26, 2018.

1. BadMan125 Win User

YouTube crashing my computer

I think the major culprit of my issues lately has been YouTube and why my computer freezes and hangs after I go on YouTube, it also produces beeping from the optical drive. And before you ask: no, nothing's wrong with my hard drive or devices. RAM is healthy as is my CPU and GPU but YouTube still crashes my computer and causes it to hang quieting everything after it freezes/hangs. Mouse and keyboard are stuck and I have to force-restart. I've tried to update drivers (and I did) but I still get the freeze (last night, though, I did play some YouTube videos but not a lot but a good portion until late at night when the freeze/hang/beep happened again). I wonder what it could be. Can't be because I deleted Flash, could it? YouTube uses HTML5 for their videos and before November 18, it was working fine.

:)

BadMan125, Nov 26, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Lionheart Win User
    Youtube Crash!

I getting a error everytime I try to load youtube, is it crashing for anyone else?*Cry :cry:

Lionheart, Nov 26, 2018
  4. YouTube crashing my computer

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

YouTube crashing my computer

1. YouTube crashing my computer - Similar Threads - YouTube crashing computer

2. Why is my computer crashing when making a YouTube video full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer crashing when making a YouTube video full screen?: As the title suggests, I have been encountering an issue that has gotten progressively more common, now to the point where it almost happens without fail. Whenever I make a YouTube video full screen, as soon as the UI fades out after not moving the cursor, my entire computer...
  3. Why is my computer crashing when making a YouTube video full screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer crashing when making a YouTube video full screen?: As the title suggests, I have been encountering an issue that has gotten progressively more common, now to the point where it almost happens without fail. Whenever I make a YouTube video full screen, as soon as the UI fades out after not moving the cursor, my entire computer...
  4. Crashing while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashing while watching youtube videos: I've had my Asus laptop Windows 10 for around a year, and I've never had this problem before. When I watch a video on YouTube after 5 minutes or so, the screen will freeze, and the laptop will make a buzzing noise before it gets crashed. Sometimes the rate changes like I was...
  5. Youtube causes win11 gaming computer to freeze and crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube causes win11 gaming computer to freeze and crash: It freezes 99% of the time forcing me to manually shutdown. Sometimes I can even still move my mouse pointer around the screen, but can't do anything else, not even ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager.AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core, NVidia GeForce RTX 3060, 16gb ram.Double...
  6. Youtube causes win11 gaming computer to freeze and crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube causes win11 gaming computer to freeze and crash: It freezes 99% of the time forcing me to manually shutdown. Sometimes I can even still move my mouse pointer around the screen, but can't do anything else, not even ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager.AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core, NVidia GeForce RTX 3060, 16gb ram.Double...
  7. Watching Youtube and computer crash. No BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Watching Youtube and computer crash. No BSOD: Watching Youtube video in chrome browser. Suddenly the screen goes black and the speaker makes a weird sound. On Mon 16-Sep-19 8:39:40 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091619-28375-01.dmp This was probably caused by...
  8. Crashing on Hulu and Youtube in Fullscreen

Crashing on Hulu and Youtube in Fullscreen: I've been playing video games for long periods of time without crashing like 3+ hours. And recently I started watching videos on this computer for long periods of time. I've actually crashed twice while watching videos on my chrome from Youtube and Netflix. It happens when...
  9. YouTube Crashes My Computer In Full Screen Mode

YouTube Crashes My Computer In Full Screen Mode: After trying some things (that didn't work) that seemed like they would work I decided to ask for help. I have two monitors, a large 1080p one which is plugged into my graphics card and a smaller 4:3 VGA monitor for secondary tasks that's plugged into my motherboard. Although...
  10. Crashed while playing a Youtube video

Crashed while playing a Youtube video: I was watching Youtube on Chrome when it happened. I walked away from my computer so I'm not positive as to what else might have been open. I think 5KPlayer (a video player for Windows 10) was open too (per the system tray icon). Steam might have also been running. I got the...