Windows 10: Youtube doesn't play on any web browser, but plays on other account on the same PC

Discus and support Youtube doesn't play on any web browser, but plays on other account on the same PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. All was working fine for my daughter but since several weeks ago she started to complain that she can't watch YT on Chrome. So I went through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrWithAProblem, May 12, 2020.

1. Youtube doesn't play on any web browser, but plays on other account on the same PC

Hi. All was working fine for my daughter but since several weeks ago she started to complain that she can't watch YT on Chrome. So I went through standard process and cleared various things like cookies, caches, reinstalled app etc. i tried Edge and it is the same.
    I logged in on that laptop to my account an YT plays nicely on all browsers.
    I spent quite a few hours now and I don't know what it might be. Chrome network details suggest all loading fine apart from videos as you can see below. Video is constantly loading, timeline is visibile, settings too as well as preview on the time line. Just not the video.
    We are on the Microsoft family and she doesn't have admin account. Windows is up to date with all updates, so are browsers. Why my account is not affected but her is?
    BTW her sister has exactly the same laptop and software and YT works just fine.
    Please advise what i should try next.
    Youtube doesn't play on any web browser, but plays on other account on the same PC a6585e36-b43c-4018-9629-3bbc95884268?upload=true.png

:)

MrWithAProblem, May 12, 2020
  2. Nafine Win User

Troubleshooting help: YouTube videos won't play on Windows 10 PC

I just got a new Windows 10 PC & I'm finding that it won't play YouTube videos. Specifically YouTube. In the video area the loading indicator circles indefinitely and I see this message...

Additional info & steps I've tried...

• Netflix plays flawlessly
    • Other Macs, PCs, iOS & Android devices on the same network play YouTube videos no problem
    • I restarted the machine
    • Restarted the cable modem
    • The machine can do other Internet stuff fine -- browse websites, email, etc.
    • I cleared the browser cache & browsing data
    • I tried a different browser (I tried Chrome & MS Edge)
    • I looked under "Windows Defender Security Center > App & browser control" but I don't see anything there about blocking videos.
    • Turned off ad blocker
    • Tried connecting via Ethernet and wi-fi
    • No peripherals connected to the machine

System info

Gigabyte Aero 15x
    Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Installed on 8/14/2018

OS build 17134.228

Any help, advice, or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nafine, May 12, 2020
  3. Edge browser no longer plays youtube videos

after I applied a windows update my edge browser no longer plays youtube videos; any ides / suggestions?

VinceMilum, May 12, 2020
  4. Youtube doesn't play on any web browser, but plays on other account on the same PC

Youtube not playing when phone is locked after WP10 upgrade

To further assist you, please answer the following:

• What's the OS Build of the phone?
    • Are you playing YouTube through app or web browser?

Rommel Diw, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Youtube doesn't play on any web browser, but plays on other account on the same PC

1. Youtube doesn't play on any web browser, but plays on other account on the same PC - Similar Threads - Youtube doesn't play

2. youtube videos donot play on any browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    youtube videos donot play on any browser?: youtube videos donot play on any browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-videos-donot-play-on-any-browser/94aa777e-4e13-491b-84df-54725e285ec7
  3. youtube videos donot play on any browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    youtube videos donot play on any browser?: youtube videos donot play on any browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youtube-videos-donot-play-on-any-browser/94aa777e-4e13-491b-84df-54725e285ec7
  4. Suddenly, no video will play on Windows 10 PC, YouTube in any browser, downloaded videos I...

Suddenly, no video will play on Windows 10 PC, YouTube in any browser, downloaded videos I...: Up until yesterday, my PC was able to stream videos from YouTube and play downloaded .mp4 videos with the default Windows Movies & TV app. Yesterday, when turned on my PC I was not able to play any videos at all. There is no error message - the screen just displays a swirling...
  5. youtube "play on TV" Icon Missing from browsers

in Browsers and Email
    youtube "play on TV" Icon Missing from browsers: I run W10 desktop with Edge, Chrome, Brave, and Firefox browsers. On the Edge and Chrome browsers, when I start a video on www.youtube.com, I can see the youtube icon that I can click on to play the video on any of my 3 TV's. On Brave and Firefox, the "play on TV" youtube...
  6. Quick Play of YouTube?

Quick Play of YouTube?: How do I get YouTube to play "without" clicking on the big arrow in the middle of the view? I wish I could post a screen shot but things have changed in here lol . YouTube used to start playing as soon as the page opened until I got the 20H2 upgrade. I hate change lol....
  7. YouTube Videos are not Playing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YouTube Videos are not Playing: [ATTACH] See the white space instead video. that's my problem guys. Yesterday Everything was fine but toady when I tried to play any video on YouTube this was happening also comment section doesn't get loaded. and its just happening with YouTube only, other video websites...
  8. any browser will crash while play online video except YouTube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    any browser will crash while play online video except YouTube: HI, there I have a problem when play an online video.I usually use Firefox as my default browser. When I play a video on YouTube, it's normal and the Firefox tab is fine. But when I try play a video in other websites, it can't play and suddenly the Firefox tab will crash....
  9. How do I play on PC and PE with same account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I play on PC and PE with same account?: I bought Minecraft PE about a year ago, and I bought Minecraft Java about 1/2 month ago. I realized that I can't crossplatform so I bought Minecraft windows 10 edition. But now I cannot play PE and PC together, how do I fix this without buying more? I already spent $50 on...
  10. I can't play any web-based videos (youtube, etc.)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't play any web-based videos (youtube, etc.): Hi, I can't watch videos online on the website such as YouTube and many others. The audio comes out, but not the picture. I'm on Windows 10, it was ok until a few weeks ago suddenly it just went blank. Please help, I can't do my work and research if I can't view the...