Windows 10: Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

Discus and support Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Today i started having a weird issue with fullscreen on Youtube. I have Youtube on my left monitor and twitter on my right monitor. When... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SalEng, May 3, 2016.

1. SalEng Win User

Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

Hi,

Today i started having a weird issue with fullscreen on Youtube.

I have Youtube on my left monitor and twitter on my right monitor.

When I click fullscreen on the youtube video i get one of two problems.

I either get:

1. It doesn't go fullscreen at all and has the topbar and taskbar are showing (The red bit is my bookmarks which I have covered up).

Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome) [​IMG]

2. It does go fullscreen but as soon as I click on my other monitor the taskbar shows.

Any help?

Thanks.

:)

SalEng, May 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 Taskbar appear in fullscreen video

I found another workaround:

If you pin\unpin something to the taskbar it starts working like expected again not showing in fullscreen mode (youtube, videoplayers, games etc.)

Ricardo Bohner, May 3, 2016
  3. Taskbar isnt hiding

The windows 10 taskbar wont (Frustratingly) hide when I do anything fullscreen related. For example, In youtube it goes fullscreen, but the taskbar wont hide. Same thing with games or anything fullscreen related. one example of "Anything fullscreen related"
    is a common steam game : Unturned. the taskbar wont hide during fullscreen mode. Also, Please do not suggest auto-hide. auto-hide is as cancerous as the problem itself, In my opinion.

AndyLimaVZ, May 3, 2016
  4. SalEng Win User

This is driving me mad.

SalEng, May 3, 2016
  5. SalEng Win User
    Ok so this must be a Chrome problem and not something that i can fix then *Sad

SalEng, May 4, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    All my Chromium based browsers have inverted text! *Confused

Edwin, May 4, 2016
  7. DiBBz Win User
    okey considering this was only 3 days ago and is around the same time i started experiencing this problem.. i to am frustrated by it!

the address bar along with tabs and my taskbar remain on screen while fullscreening a video on any website.. this must be a recent issue cause its a pain in the ass!

DiBBz, May 7, 2016
  8. SalEng Win User

SalEng, May 7, 2016
  9. Aiwon Win User
    Same problem here boys, hope they will fix it asap.

Aiwon, May 12, 2016
  10. suekru Win User
    For now just use F11 to fullscreen your browser and it'll work fine, little annoying but it gets you true fullscreen video at least.

suekru, May 15, 2016
  11. That's a Chrome issue, it's absolutely driving me nuts too. They said it's fixed in future versions but it's not fixed for me??

Anyone news on this? By the way, I'm also annoyed by the 1 pixel line on the bottom which supposedly is a Windows thing and is intended *Sad

Salad Fingers, Jun 7, 2016
  12. Hi, guys. Try this:

1) Go to your desktop and right click on the Chrome icon

2) Select properties

3) Select the tab labeled "compatibility" from the top of the menu

4) Check the box next to the option that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

5) Select "apply" and you're all set!

JoeyLannister, Jun 13, 2016
  13. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

It didn't work. The taskbar is still over a fullscreen Chrome window.

iriffazeff, Jun 14, 2016
  14. This is embarrassing guys, what the heck is this already?

Bright Eyes, Jul 10, 2016
  15. GhostSkin Win User
    I had this problem 3 weeks ago. I fixed it unchecking the "Lock the taskbar" box in the taskbar properties.

Hope this helps.

GhostSkin, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome) - Similar Threads - Youtube fullscreen shows

2. Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game: Hi!I've been playing a lot of the game, "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", however, whenever I hit the windows key to go to the taskbar, which it should normally show the taskbar, for some reason, the taskbar is hidden? I can still use it, it's just invisible, if someone could...
  3. Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game: Hi!I've been playing a lot of the game, "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", however, whenever I hit the windows key to go to the taskbar, which it should normally show the taskbar, for some reason, the taskbar is hidden? I can still use it, it's just invisible, if someone could...
  4. How to permanently show taskbar in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to permanently show taskbar in fullscreen: How to permanently show taskbar in fullscreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-show-taskbar-in-fullscreen/55932a92-748d-48b3-beec-e2a44e7f5f7c
  5. Taskbar Randomly Shows in Fullscreen

Taskbar Randomly Shows in Fullscreen: Hey all,As the title says, my taskbar randomly appears when I am in fullscreen mode with a video online. I have found answers for the taskbar permanently being active in fullscreen, but that is not what I'm observing. It doesn't consistently happen once per video or on any...
  6. TaskBar showing in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TaskBar showing in fullscreen: Hi everyone, I've recently noticed in the game Rimworld, and I think other apps, that the taskbar is always showing in fullscreen. I have tried to restart windows explorer to fix this but it does nothing. Restarting my PC does not fix it either. Anyone know how to help?...
  7. Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).: So basically issue comes when going fullscreen on yt/netflix on chrome the taskbar still shows at the bottom. Already tried restarting pc, restarting explorer.exe (this used to work when i sometimes got the issue), alt tab a couple times, double click windows button, these...
  8. Minecraft keeps showing taskbar in fullscreen

Minecraft keeps showing taskbar in fullscreen: When i am moving the screen around, the cursor randomly activates the taskbar in fullscreen mode. Windows 10 Edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-keeps-showing-taskbar-in-fullscreen/1ca824d2-2707-45f8-8a65-4f653434d8a3
  9. Watching YouTube videos fullscreen, Taskbar won't hide.

Watching YouTube videos fullscreen, Taskbar won't hide.: Good Day. I recently updated my Windows 10 with the version 1903. Afterwards, I started experiencing this annoying Taskbar not hiding when I'm watching YouTube videos on full screen. I found a solution online wherein you have to got to Task Manager and restart the Windows...
  10. Strange bug with fullscreen youtube vidoes on second monitor in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Strange bug with fullscreen youtube vidoes on second monitor in chrome: I am experiencing a strange bug in chrome, whenever I put a youtube video into fullscreen mode, I can see my desktop along the left side and the top. I'm not sure what is causing this bug, as it has only started happening recently and only on a monitor without a task bar. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WSL youtube