Windows 10: Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

Discus and support Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Thanks ghost, next time this occurs I will try this setting and report back how it goes. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SalEng, May 3, 2016.

1. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

Thanks ghost, next time this occurs I will try this setting and report back how it goes.

Bright Eyes, Aug 3, 2016

Bright Eyes, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Easy fix-- worked for me at least:
    • Open up task manager
    • Click the "Processes" tab
    • Scroll down to "Windows Processes"
    • End any "Windows Explorer" tasks (click on the item and delete or right click and end task)
    • Your task bar should be gone completely
    • Click "File" on the tool bar
    • Click "Run new task"
    • Check the box that says "Create this task with administrative privileges
    • In the text-box, enter "explorer.exe"
    • Click "OK"

TLDR: End explorer instances and then restart it manually from task manager.

EDIT: You can just click "Windows Explorer" in the task manager (after step 3) and a restart button should appear in the bottom-right corner of task manager-- click that and you'll be done.

1enF5ru4sT3row2, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

Next time the glitch comes back ill try this one out! thanks. Just so you know im talking about google chrome not explorer.

Bright Eyes, Aug 6, 2016
  5. soares Win User
    That worked for me! Thanks *Smile

soares, Aug 6, 2016
  6. Mind if I ask you a question, is the glitch intermittent or has it been glitched consistently until now, when you fixed it? because you confirmed it pretty fast.

Bright Eyes, Aug 6, 2016
  7. Windows Explorer is the file management system in Windows, the taskbar is part of Windows Explorer (I don't mean IE or Edge). Just open up task manager, and follow the steps above and you'll see what I mean. All we're doing is restarting the Explorer process.

8. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

I thought so but was making sure. What did you mean by "TLDR: End explorer instances and then restart it manually from task manager." part though? got to the last step but not sure what that meant.

Bright Eyes, Aug 6, 2016
  9. TLDR = "Too long didn't read"
    In my TLDR, I just summarized what we're doing-- restarting Explorer.

10. You know whats strange, I did this process while on a video with glitch being active and it works but not for that tab/page. I can open the video in another window or tab and sure enough it is not active for the glitch. Even clearing browsing data and refreshing pages ect. that tab cannot be resolved by the process. I know its not of concern, but I found it rather curious. Any chance you could tell me what the process actually does in order to work? such a weird glitch.

And thanks again for the help!

Bright Eyes, Aug 6, 2016
  11. And I was not sure what you meant by "End explorer instances..." and remaining content of that sentence. I was unsure whether that last part was a "Step" that Im supposed to do or just a statement that I dont understand fully.

Bright Eyes, Aug 6, 2016
  12. That is weird. All we're doing is restarting the Windows Explorer process (by process I mean the explorer.exe task, not the steps above), somehow that worked. I don't know why it works to be honest, I just thought restarting the taskbar would be a good idea.

13. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

No it's not a step, I'm just summarizing what was done in those 10 steps in one sentence *Smile .
    By "End explorer instances" I mean stopping the Windows Explorer program itself (which the taskbar is a part of) and then in the rest of the sentence I'm saying that we then restart Windows Explorer.

14. Well wise choice! I will post any updates or results ect. as they come here. Firt time I used this method so who knows what the future holds. And understood, now.

Bright Eyes, Aug 6, 2016
  15. Alright, best of luck *Biggrin

Thema:

Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

1. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome) - Similar Threads - Youtube fullscreen shows

2. Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game: Hi!I've been playing a lot of the game, "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", however, whenever I hit the windows key to go to the taskbar, which it should normally show the taskbar, for some reason, the taskbar is hidden? I can still use it, it's just invisible, if someone could...
  3. Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game: Hi!I've been playing a lot of the game, "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", however, whenever I hit the windows key to go to the taskbar, which it should normally show the taskbar, for some reason, the taskbar is hidden? I can still use it, it's just invisible, if someone could...
  4. How to permanently show taskbar in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to permanently show taskbar in fullscreen: How to permanently show taskbar in fullscreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-show-taskbar-in-fullscreen/55932a92-748d-48b3-beec-e2a44e7f5f7c
  5. Taskbar Randomly Shows in Fullscreen

Taskbar Randomly Shows in Fullscreen: Hey all,As the title says, my taskbar randomly appears when I am in fullscreen mode with a video online. I have found answers for the taskbar permanently being active in fullscreen, but that is not what I'm observing. It doesn't consistently happen once per video or on any...
  6. TaskBar showing in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TaskBar showing in fullscreen: Hi everyone, I've recently noticed in the game Rimworld, and I think other apps, that the taskbar is always showing in fullscreen. I have tried to restart windows explorer to fix this but it does nothing. Restarting my PC does not fix it either. Anyone know how to help?...
  7. Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).: So basically issue comes when going fullscreen on yt/netflix on chrome the taskbar still shows at the bottom. Already tried restarting pc, restarting explorer.exe (this used to work when i sometimes got the issue), alt tab a couple times, double click windows button, these...
  8. Minecraft keeps showing taskbar in fullscreen

Minecraft keeps showing taskbar in fullscreen: When i am moving the screen around, the cursor randomly activates the taskbar in fullscreen mode. Windows 10 Edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-keeps-showing-taskbar-in-fullscreen/1ca824d2-2707-45f8-8a65-4f653434d8a3
  9. Watching YouTube videos fullscreen, Taskbar won't hide.

Watching YouTube videos fullscreen, Taskbar won't hide.: Good Day. I recently updated my Windows 10 with the version 1903. Afterwards, I started experiencing this annoying Taskbar not hiding when I'm watching YouTube videos on full screen. I found a solution online wherein you have to got to Task Manager and restart the Windows...
  10. Strange bug with fullscreen youtube vidoes on second monitor in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Strange bug with fullscreen youtube vidoes on second monitor in chrome: I am experiencing a strange bug in chrome, whenever I put a youtube video into fullscreen mode, I can see my desktop along the left side and the top. I'm not sure what is causing this bug, as it has only started happening recently and only on a monitor without a task bar. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youtube full screen still shows taskbar

2. when i see a youtube film on full screen and afterwards press esc than there is a problem. by taskbar is on top of the screen.and after pressing esc button the tabs are behind the taskbar why ?