Windows 10: Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

Discus and support Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Didn't pay any attention until today but my question would be about how "full Screen" is being reached. The first thing would be the middle icon in the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by SalEng, May 3, 2016.

1. Berton Win User

Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

Didn't pay any attention until today but my question would be about how "full Screen" is being reached. The first thing would be the middle icon in the upper right corner of the browser which Maximizes the program window or toggling it Restores to the previous view. The only computer I have Chrome on is a Vista I took in to recover files. Using the Maximize button does leave the Taskbar visiable The second thing is pressing the F11 key to get Full Screen, does hide/cover the Taskbar but leaves the Bookmark Toolbar at the top of Chrome.

Berton, Aug 6, 2016

2. Yes, F11 does cover taskbar ect for me too. But the full/expand box remains not covering the taskbar like normal. And have you messed with the taskbar settings trying to fix that problem?

Bright Eyes, Aug 6, 2016
  3. But opening and glitched, pressing f11 corrects the issue for me. So I suppose its not a big deal having to press one extra button..

I was wondering do you think it could related to the display driver?

Bright Eyes, Aug 7, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Could be. I don't have a problem as I seldom have a program running Maximized but do on occasion use Full Screen. I did notice that F11 on a Linux Mint computer will do a Full Screen for Firefox but not for all programs. Same on Win10 such as the Settings panel even though Maximize works as it should.

Berton, Aug 7, 2016
  5. hello! i am new and i had the same problem! all you is open chrome, go to the top of the screen where all the tabs are and right click (on the blue part) and click on "Maximize" and now when you go into fullscreen, it doesnt show!! *Wink happy watching! -mackypup

mackypup02, Aug 18, 2016
  6. Are you talking about the expand button on the top right? That does not work for me, thats for sure.

Bright Eyes, Aug 18, 2016
  7. Yeah Im still really curious what causes it. Still happens to me a couple to a few times a week.

Bright Eyes, Aug 18, 2016
  8. Dropbox Win User

Hi,

If you close Chrome fully and end all it's processes you can use YouTube again in fullscreen, without having the taskbar.

Dropbox, Aug 18, 2016
  9. soares Win User
    Mine is intermittent. Happened to me yesterday again since the last time i posted. But restarting explorer seems to work fine so i'll stick to that *Tongue

soares, Aug 20, 2016
  10. I purposely kept one tab open last time just trying all different things and no matter what, that one tab cannot be fixed. Has to be something which happened to a tab. I was just looking for the root cause. This is happening to you in chrome right? I just use f11.

My curiosity will always be searching though *Biggrin

Bright Eyes, Aug 20, 2016
  11. soares Win User
    Yes it's been happening on chrome. So it has to do with a certain tab? I actually never thought about just creating a new one and trying

soares, Aug 21, 2016
  12. It may not have to do with any specific tab initially, but once it happens that tab is always and forever like that until I close it. Even if It starts working again on every other tab and window.

Bright Eyes, Aug 21, 2016
  13. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome)

Yeah right, Edwin. lol. Please lengthen this message to at least 3 characters more ERR

Bright Eyes, Aug 21, 2016
  14. jmc884 Win User
    I have the exact same problem here on my PC.

Using Google Chrome version 53.0.2785.116 m (64-bit) and Windows 10 x64 Enterprise

Any solution?

jmc884, Sep 26, 2016
  15. Press F11.

Bright Eyes, Sep 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Youtube fullscreen shows taskbar (Chrome) - Similar Threads - Youtube fullscreen shows

2. Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game: Hi!I've been playing a lot of the game, "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", however, whenever I hit the windows key to go to the taskbar, which it should normally show the taskbar, for some reason, the taskbar is hidden? I can still use it, it's just invisible, if someone could...
  3. Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not showing in a fullscreen game: Hi!I've been playing a lot of the game, "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth", however, whenever I hit the windows key to go to the taskbar, which it should normally show the taskbar, for some reason, the taskbar is hidden? I can still use it, it's just invisible, if someone could...
  4. How to permanently show taskbar in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to permanently show taskbar in fullscreen: How to permanently show taskbar in fullscreen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-show-taskbar-in-fullscreen/55932a92-748d-48b3-beec-e2a44e7f5f7c
  5. Taskbar Randomly Shows in Fullscreen

Taskbar Randomly Shows in Fullscreen: Hey all,As the title says, my taskbar randomly appears when I am in fullscreen mode with a video online. I have found answers for the taskbar permanently being active in fullscreen, but that is not what I'm observing. It doesn't consistently happen once per video or on any...
  6. TaskBar showing in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    TaskBar showing in fullscreen: Hi everyone, I've recently noticed in the game Rimworld, and I think other apps, that the taskbar is always showing in fullscreen. I have tried to restart windows explorer to fix this but it does nothing. Restarting my PC does not fix it either. Anyone know how to help?...
  7. Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not hiding in fullscreen when viewing videos on chrome (youtube/netflix etc).: So basically issue comes when going fullscreen on yt/netflix on chrome the taskbar still shows at the bottom. Already tried restarting pc, restarting explorer.exe (this used to work when i sometimes got the issue), alt tab a couple times, double click windows button, these...
  8. Minecraft keeps showing taskbar in fullscreen

Minecraft keeps showing taskbar in fullscreen: When i am moving the screen around, the cursor randomly activates the taskbar in fullscreen mode. Windows 10 Edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-keeps-showing-taskbar-in-fullscreen/1ca824d2-2707-45f8-8a65-4f653434d8a3
  9. Watching YouTube videos fullscreen, Taskbar won't hide.

Watching YouTube videos fullscreen, Taskbar won't hide.: Good Day. I recently updated my Windows 10 with the version 1903. Afterwards, I started experiencing this annoying Taskbar not hiding when I'm watching YouTube videos on full screen. I found a solution online wherein you have to got to Task Manager and restart the Windows...
  10. Strange bug with fullscreen youtube vidoes on second monitor in chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Strange bug with fullscreen youtube vidoes on second monitor in chrome: I am experiencing a strange bug in chrome, whenever I put a youtube video into fullscreen mode, I can see my desktop along the left side and the top. I'm not sure what is causing this bug, as it has only started happening recently and only on a monitor without a task bar. I...