Windows 10: Youtube locking computer, both in Chrome and FireFox.

Discus and support Youtube locking computer, both in Chrome and FireFox. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is a minor annoyance as I don't often play YouTube on my PC, I use my Apple TV. I would like to understand what is happening. This happens in both... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by transmaster, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Youtube locking computer, both in Chrome and FireFox.

This is a minor annoyance as I don't often play YouTube on my PC, I use my Apple TV. I would like to understand what is happening. This happens in both Chrome and Firefox, both have the latest updates. After a time the computer will just freeze no BSOD it just locks and I have to reboot to clear it, it does this every time. I have no access to the computer from the keyboard (wired) and trackball wireless so there is no Ctrl+Alt+Del option. I am fairly certain this is a YouTube issue. It rarely happens when I play movies stored one of my Hard Drives. I have gone into FireFox's Sysconfig and increased the timeout settings, I have also reloaded the "Old Version", no joy. It locked up with the old version. Looking at the event viewer I don't see anything that is associated with the error except for the restart. Who Crashed doesn't show anything either. As I said above I am not so much looking for a "fix" that would be nice, but I would like to understand what is happening. My PC profile is up to date so you can see that my system has more than enough HP to do YouTube.

:)

transmaster, Jan 21, 2018
  2. Maethlin Win User

Windows 10 PC with Family Safety Enabled Won't Block Youtube

I have already tried removing then re-adding youtube.

It is blocked by the Edge browser. It is NOT blocked by Firefox or Chrome.

On my Windows 8 and Windows 7 computers, Family Safety DOES block Firefox and Chrome.

This still remains a problem.

Maethlin, Jan 21, 2018
  3. Win 10 64 bit. Get no sound using firefox browser

I try to listen to youtube music using the Firefox browser but get no sound. I do get sound on YouTube when I use Internet Explorer 11 or Chrome but want to continue to use Firefox.

Does anyone know how to fix?

MelindaLehrer, Jan 21, 2018
  4. Youtube locking computer, both in Chrome and FireFox.

Hi transmaster

Have you tried running it on chrome ( or Firefox ) with all extensions disabled and a complete clearance of your browsing data. Browsing data may have login cookies saved, know your passwords before deleting. Also not sure what privacy or AV you may be running. I would try disabling some of those as well.

It might be easier to create a new standard user and test Chrome there so you know it is vanilla, no alterations. ( Of course some of your third party products may get installed by default.)

Caledon Ken, Jan 21, 2018
  5. I am not the only one who is having this problem with YouTube. All of the support forums for YouTube, Chrome, and Firefox suggest solutions that are useless. I'll disable my extensions and see what happens. I am not going to spent a lot of time on this as I have numerous other ways of watching Youtube. I'll be sure to report any solution.

transmaster, Jan 23, 2018
  6. Just to add to what Ken said

If you try launching Chrome in Incognito mode, it should launch without using cookies or any extensions loaded

Might be quicker to test instead of disabling all extensions

paulsalter, Jan 23, 2018
  7. That is quite odd, I use Youtube everyday with Firefox 58 and Firefox 59 BETA 3 without any problems.

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Youtube locking computer, both in Chrome and FireFox.

1. Youtube locking computer, both in Chrome and FireFox. - Similar Threads - Youtube locking computer

2. Can't sort subscriptions in youtube Win10, Chrome, Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sort subscriptions in youtube Win10, Chrome, Firefox: Hello,I've met problems while trying to sort subscriptions on youtube page.It's quite easily to sort on Android, but it seems that on Windows 10 the sort option doesn't exist.I tried in Chrome and Firefox and couldn't find sorting option.Any suggestions ?Thanks....
  3. Can't sort subscriptions in youtube Win10, Chrome, Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sort subscriptions in youtube Win10, Chrome, Firefox: Hello,I've met problems while trying to sort subscriptions on youtube page.It's quite easily to sort on Android, but it seems that on Windows 10 the sort option doesn't exist.I tried in Chrome and Firefox and couldn't find sorting option.Any suggestions ?Thanks....
  4. Can't sort subscriptions in youtube Win10, Chrome, Firefox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Youtube VP9 and FIrefox

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube VP9 and FIrefox: A new issue that I did not have before is regarding the vp9 decoder google is using for Youtube. I do not have a new rig but rather an old one. This decoder is now killing my machine when I watch Youtube video. Heavy use of CPU. I do not have the possibility of hw-accl with...
  6. Youtube VP9 and FIrefox

in Windows 10 Support
    Youtube VP9 and FIrefox: A new issue that I did not have before is regarding the vp9 decoder google is using for Youtube. I do not have a new rig but rather an old one. This decoder is now killing my machine when I watch Youtube video. Heavy use of CPU. I do not have the possibility of hw-accl with...
  7. I am having the same bookmark problems in BOTH Chrome and Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    I am having the same bookmark problems in BOTH Chrome and Firefox.: I have had bookmark problems in Chrome - bookmarks and bookmark folders duplicating themselves many times and reappearing after being deleted. This was so frustrating and after searching forums could not find a solution that corrected the problem. Out of frustration switched...
  8. Youtube on Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Youtube on Chrome: Whenever I fullscreen a video youtube, the scrolling bar and title of the video fades halfway (so that I can still see it on the screen) as opposed to disappearing after a few seconds. Any tips?...
  9. both firefox and chrome browsers hijacked and controlled by Bing in 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    both firefox and chrome browsers hijacked and controlled by Bing in 10 home: after windows update my searches with Firefox and Chrome are directed to Bing no matter which browser I use in win 10 home. I have clean installed win 10 home and even wiped my HDD clean and re-installed windows 10 home but it keeps happening. Seems MS has done this through...
  10. Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox: Please see these printscreens of the same youtube vid, both on same quality, one on chrome one on firefox. Pixelation is clearly visible in the chrome pic on at the top. In particular look at the neckline of the guy second from the right. What's going on? Thanks guys!...