Windows 10: YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

Discus and support YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Chromium Edge is off to a steady start and browser has been praised by the community. While Google welcomed Microsoft to the ‘open-source’... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 28, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

Microsoft Chromium Edge is off to a steady start and browser has been praised by the community. While Google welcomed Microsoft to the ‘open-source’ Chromium community, some of the big services owned Google is not functioning properly in the new Edge.

Earlier today, users spotted that YouTube’s new design is not supported in new Edge. It turns out that Google has also not whitelisted the Chromium Edge browser on YouTube Music and you cannot use the music streaming service in the new browser.

If you visit YouTube Music in Microsoft Chromium-based Edge, you’ll be greeted by the error message “Sorry, YouTube Music is not optimized for your browser. Check for updates or try Google Chrome” and the service is not accessible.

Although the browser engine is same as Chrome, Google’s services appear to maintain a whitelist and Chromium Edge hasn’t been whitelisted by default as it has a new user-agent string. The old Edge is fully supported by YouTube, YouTube Music, Google Drive, Google Meet and Google Docs.

It’s not entirely clear when the problem first appeared and Google or Microsoft is yet to issue a statement on the problem.

Thanks for the tip, Aditya!

The post YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 28, 2019
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, May 28, 2019
  3. Change the Region for Microsoft Edge Chromium

I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium?
    MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0

**Original Title**

Microsoft Edge Chromium

Brian Rices, May 28, 2019
  4. YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

Edge Chromium, the Reading List

on the Edge feedback forum at

I have posed the following question in response to an existing thread

I wanted to ask this more pointed question:-

Will the mooted "offline" Reading List feature that was included in Edge HTML but never fully activated be added to Edge Chromium?

(I did get one reply to a question I posed, I think back in 2015,on the promised offline capability that reply said simply and unequivocably

""At this time, the reading list is not available offline in Microsoft Edge, but we’re working on it for a future update"

In my opinion it is a pretty useless add on anyway. because in EdgeHTML it does nothing that adding a URL to the Favorites list already does and now tht Edge Chromium sensibly includes an Internet Exploder like facility to Save a webpage complete you can
    save the whole webpage for off line viewing i.e.reading anyway

johnfowles, May 28, 2019
Thema:

YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge

1. YouTube Music is also not supported in Microsoft Chromium Edge - Similar Threads - YouTube Music supported

2. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Hi folks, So I recently decided to download the new Edge Chromium and I like it, but I have a question. Everytime I open the browser there are around 5-13 instances of it running in task manager when I only have one window open and only one tab. Why is that? 156765
  3. Edge Chromium dropping frames on YouTube videos

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium dropping frames on YouTube videos: Hello (system specs are on the profile). I've both Edge Chromium dev (Version 83.0.478.10 (Official build) dev (64-bit)) and Edge Chromium (Version 81.0.416.58 (Official build) (64-bit)) installed, the browsers are fast overall but the problem is, every time I watch a video...
  4. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  5. Edge/Chromium Hevc support

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge/Chromium Hevc support: I have recently installed microsofts newest Browser... but when i watch netflix trough chromium or trough the netflix store app.. the image ( the blackest parts are pix-elated ). i also installed the HEVC support for devices from the store... Does someone also experiance...
  6. YouTube Music PWA installed via Edge Chromium looks amazing

YouTube Music PWA installed via Edge Chromium looks amazing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ohshrimp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/esuc12/youtube_music_pwa_installed_via_edge_chromium/
  7. Edge Chromium Java support

Edge Chromium Java support: Why is the feature to open a page in IE not present, since the Edge based on Chromium doesn't run Java? submitted by /u/Mic_sne [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dazdv9/edge_chromium_java_support/
  8. Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will also get autoplay media blocker

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Chromium Edge will also get autoplay media blocker: Microsoft is testing several new features for its new Edge browser on Windows 10, including Collections and better privacy tools. Microsoft is working on another nifty feature that would allow you to configure autoplay media settings and it’ll be similar to what we have in...
  9. YouTube, YouTube Music once again compatible on new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube, YouTube Music once again compatible on new Microsoft Edge: Many Microsoft Chromium Edge users had reported that they were not able to get access to the new and refined YouTube UI but instead, the website redirected them to the old version of YouTube. It turns out that this was a bug and Google has acknowledged the problem. Google...
  10. YouTube’s new design stops working on Microsoft Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube’s new design stops working on Microsoft Chromium Edge: Chromium-based Edge has been hit by a new glitch when running Google-owned YouTube. Some folks today noticed that YouTube opens with the classic interface in Edge browser and the new design is no longer available for some unknown reasons. Google Meet, Google Docs and Google...